“Lovely restaurant. Keep it up”
Review of Stradbally Fayre

Stradbally Fayre
Ranked #10 of 55 Restaurants in Portlaoise
Cuisines: European
Description: Daytime cafe & foodhall - organic meat, home baking, reasonable prices, deli, all day breakfast.
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Once again everything was to perfection.
food fresh, hot and served within minutes. Steak sandwich, chicken curry and beef dinners are my favourite from there. Delicious!
Desserts are lovely :-)
And loads of treats available to bring home. The big kids love their rice krispie buns
Lovely atmosphere in here
free wifi
Corner for kids to colour and play with small selection of toys. Great for families.
And loads of local, organic and home made products to buy.
Extensive range of home catering available.
anytime I have visited staff are friendly and helpful.
I have never experienced any fault with this restaurant. You would clearly know it's a family run business. Well done guys.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is one great little restaurant in the heart of the little town of Stradbally a great location.
I have been there on a number of occasions and I would highly recommend a visit.
There is a great variety from start to finish.
Wheather it is for afternoon tea, sunday lunch or even a private function they cater for all of your needs.
The Staff are great and very accomodating
Coffee is great and as for the desserts, something else.

Stradbally F, Manager at Stradbally Fayre, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Many thanks for you kind words . always great to get such positive feedback

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Regularly I would visit this cafe/restaurant with my friends, we'd generally meet up here for a coffee and something sweet and a natter. I have to say I'm always impressed with everything. The coffee is wonderful, not to me toon the sweet treats, there's always something for everyone, finally tried their apple crumble and it was delicious! Staff is always friendly, I always find them so pleasant and helpful. The restaurant is beautifully designed, and always so clean!! Prices are reasonable too have seen worse

Thanks you kindly for such positive feedback. we pride ourselves in our friendly service and how important it is to greet with a smile. Our desserts tho hard work, we make all here in store daily and always win our customers over.
We look forward to hopefully serving you again soon

Reviewed June 13, 2013

It's such a pity here that the service and food is so poor as the location is excellent. I have been here several times and the food is always poor. Even a sandwich can be a complete let down. And its not cheap. There never seems to be enough staff either. I try to support local business but its hard when its just so poor.

So disappointed on reading this review as we do our utmost to please everyone coming through our door. We are proud that people choose to dine with us and feedback like this makes us even more eager to please in customer satisfaction and in this case consistency.
we pride ourselves in buying our produce local and our meats buying irish.
Due to the downfall in economy we have had to make cuts in staff hours but merely as a method of survival.
we genuinely and sincerely thank you for you feedback and encourage you this will be addressed.

Hoping to serve you again down the line

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Sorry to write a poor review but on our last visit on a Sunday afternoon we met a young lady member of staff who clearly does not enjoy her job. Perhaps just a bad day but you can't have those in the restaurant business. The foor was not bad but the service left bad taste. We had finished a lovely walk in the Windy Gap woods with the kids and choose to eat out rather than go home and cook. We won't return unfortunately.

It is with sorrowful regret i have to read this review and find how disappointed you felt after your visit.
I sincerely take huge pride when seeing people coming through our doors and choosing to eat with us. This however should also be reflected through all our floor staff and even our kitchen staff.
I cannot make excuses at this time but only deepest regret at loss of your custom.
I have duely taken note of your comments and most definitely steer to improvements in this area.
Perhaps down the line you may call again and we will do our utmost to be in top form