My fiancé and I spent a lovely weekend at Roundwood House, Mountrath! In a beautiful region, an amazing house, warm and gracious hospitality and great food, the best we had in Ireland. Our room was spacious, elegant and very comfortable, but the house and its gardens offered so many pleasant corners hardly describable in a few lines.
I would definitely recommend it to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Roundwood House is a country house hotel in a delightful location at the foot of the Slieve Bloom mountains, just 1.5 hours from Dublin. The house and outbuildings are over 300 years old and have immense charm and character. Guests come to relax, explore many local sites of interest and for genuine Irish hospitality in a homely atmosphere. Roundwood was listed among the top 50 restaurants in the world in 2002 by London's "Restaurant" magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Roundwood House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roundwood House Hotel Mountrath
- Roundwood House Ireland/Mountrath