If you really want to experience Ireland, its people, the culture and the true beauty of the Irish countryside, look no further. Hannah & Paddy hosted our very large party for 7 days/6 nights. There was awesome breakfast to order every morning, delicious prepared group meals, and nonstop entertainment. Most impressive though, was the wedding reception they were able to pull off. Hosted in the gorgeous, rustic Long Room, these two and their amazing staff easily kept stomachs full and wine flowing for a wedding party of 60+.
By the end of the trip, we weren’t just saying goodbye to the country, but to a few new additions to our extended family. And Paddy plays a mean REM cover.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Roundwood House is a country house hotel in a delightful location at the foot of the Slieve Bloom mountains, just 1.5 hours from Dublin. The house and outbuildings are over 300 years old and have immense charm and character. Guests come to relax, explore many local sites of interest and for genuine Irish hospitality in a homely atmosphere. Roundwood was listed among the top 50 restaurants in the world in 2002 by London's "Restaurant" magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Roundwood House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roundwood House Hotel Mountrath
- Roundwood House Ireland/Mountrath