“Tight squeeze but good food”
Review of Vie de Chateaux

Vie de Chateaux
Ranked #7 of 75 Restaurants in Naas
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fine French dining with gourmet ingredients and great service in the centre of Naas, Co. Kildare. Awarded best restaurant in Co. Kildare in the 2011 & 2012 Irish Restaurant Awards, Vie de Chateaux has been at the top of the list of best restaurants in Ireland since opening in 2007.
“Tight squeeze but good food”
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

On arrival we were greeted by staff. The atmosphere was good. But I was disappointed on the cramp condition. We managed to sit down.

The service was good and the food was nice. Would I come again well yes I would be not to soon.

“Disappointing for price”
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

This is our fourth time here and was not as good as the times before .. I'm in the business ... Food was good but pricey .. Wine was very expensive .. My main gripe is with waitress .. On arrival she did not explain about specials and by the time I ordered u discovered there was a blackboard ... Which I would have chosen mains from ... I have recommended this to lots of people and I would think abt 100 or so would have come but not anymore !!! Need to have a reduced wine list .., we ate here Monday night early bird and our bill for two was over 100 euros with only bottle house wine ? ?

4 Thank Gerwhel
Newbridge, Ireland
“Nice food but stressfull”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The lasting impression is one of disappointment. While the food is very good, the overall experience was very stressful. Once each course or utensil was finished it was whipped up by a staff member passing the table. This sense of urgency was unwarranted. I would be very reluctant to return. It is also on the pricey side.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Luv2GetAway65
Kildare
“Will be back for sure!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Having heard so much about this restaurant from friends in Naas we finally got to visit on Wednesday last. Fixed price menu was good value or a la carte with other options available on the blackboard offered a good variety to choose from. We mixed it up, picking some courses from all three menus. The ladies had mango salad each to start and I had the black pudding - all impressed. I went for steak for mains while the duck and the mackerel were the other mains chosen. Delicious all around! Finished off with coffee and dessert and the last course didn't disappoint either. While the tables either side of us were vacant for the duration of our visit, I imagine that things get a little too "personal" when the restuarant is busy as the tables are very close together. But overall, an excellent meal, beautifully cooked and presented and waited on by attentive staff.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank DinKE
Ireland
“Tasty!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Vie de Chateaux is a charming spot and quite busy even during the week so bookings are essential. The restaurant is quite small and the few tables in the middle of the floor are a little exposed and tight but you are generally always informed if you are going to be sitting at one of them. The menu is quite typically French (as one might expect!) and the wine list is great. Service is excellent and helpful and the food is delicious. I love the creme brulee! Yummy.

• Visited July 2012