“Very welcoming” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Very welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

On a four night stay for work, found this hotel to be grand. e ate in the hotel and found the food excellent value for money ( especially the steak nights) .

Room was very large, the only downside is there is limited parking , thought the staff sorted somewhere to park each evening.

Would definitely use again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

Stayed here recently with group of 28 other girls. Cannot fault for location and value. Rooms are massive in size and newly re-done. Food was lovely, good menu, great service. The staff at this hotel are so friendly, I haven't come across such good service before. We got a package deal including dinner which was amazing value. I really couldn't fault it and I would be recommending to friends and family who travel to Naas in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed at Lawlors for one night in March 2012. The hotel is nicely located in the centre of Naas, staff is overall friendly and helpful. The hotel has an impressive amount of vast function rooms, on top of the huge pub area, which have been quite lavishly decorated (for some of them). The common areas are quite lovely and it easy to see why Lawlors keeps doing good business with the locals.

Sadly I can't say the same about our room. Located on the 3rd floor, it had a bizarre layout and it felt like we got the worse room (you know, the one you only give to customers if there isn't anything else available - the hotel was not even packed!). On the plus side, the room was clean and spacious. On the downside, it was soulless, dark and just sad, and we couldn't wait to leave. Lawlors is trying to market itself as a 'boutique hotel' and is failing to achieve this judging by this one stay. No in room tea/coffee facility, and absolutely no attention to detail. Our room did not have any bedsides or lamps that you can reach within your bed. The walls were bare. The TV was located what felt like 10meters away from the bed. The window was so small that in the morning, despite a gloriously sunny day, we still had to turn all lights on to see anything. As for breakfast, it was the saddest fry we ever had: eggs were freshly cooked but you could sense that everything else had been stewing on a hot plate for 3 hours.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank joolsdeb
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Lawlors for a midweek break. It was possibly the friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in. From reception to the restaurant there wasnt a single person I met that that didnt greet me with a big smile. On the Tuesday morning we went down for breakfast (when I see an adolescent waiter I dont expect much) but I soon changed my opinion. The young waiter could not have been more friendly and polite, his manner was exquisite. Also the breakfast is amazing. That evening the same waiter served us and we ate off the bistro menu. When we left a tip it was not expected, I love to see this because it shows they arent being polite just for a tip.The food is amazing and so are the rooms. We will definetely be back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

My family and I stayed in Lawlors hotel during my daughter's wedding. I had to book approximately 10 rooms. The staff in Lawlors during the build up to our stay could not have been more helpful, Esther, Ritchie & Batsu, apologies for not remembering the other names, were absolutely brilliant, nothing was too much trouble and they accommodated us in every way possible. When we checked into the hotel we went to our rooms and thought they had made a mistake, the rooms are amazing and spacious. Everyone of the staff members we met from reception, bar and restaurant were so friendly and obliging, we can not complain about one member of staff. I would highly recommend this hotel for any occasion, The hotel was part of making my daughters wedding a memorable experience. Thanks very very much.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Farnborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

I have stayed here on a few occasions, and have always been amazed by the friendliness, attitude and care displayed by the staff. It is almost like coming home.

The rooms are large, by anyone's standards, well equipped and very comfortable.

The atmosphere in the bar is great, however, sometimes, the TV's can be intrusive. The service is very good and the food is tasty and well priced.

Breakfast is more than adequate and has everything that you would want.

I will definitely be back when visiting Naas again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Waterford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

There were fifteen of us staying at lawlors for a hen party for the weekend. The food and service was amazing. Also the bedrooms are huge with two king size beds. But most of all the staff were quite possibly the friendliest staff we had ever come across in a hotel. The two guys doing breakfast were most definetely the friendliest and professional waiters I have ever come across. On the Sunday morning they had a table for all of us reserved (which I have never seen done before) and accomadated us at 10.55 when breakfast finished at 11.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carol R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naas
Osprey Hotel & Spa
The K Club
#1 of 2 in Straffan
Maudlins House Hotel
Clanard Court Hotel

Been to Lawlors Hotel? Share your experiences!