“A shall not return!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“A shall not return!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Decided to give this new place a try after its change from the old Ryans. All I can say is that it was extremely disappointing. Over priced, average food, average coffee and average service. Cost us €27 for 2 coffees, 2 packaged pre made sandwiches, 2 cold soups and a packet of crisps. I actually felt like I'd just thrown away the money after I left. I don't mind paying for good food, coffee etc...what bothers me is that I didn't spend it elsewhere in Naas. In summary "I shall not return".

4 Thank andy10k
Urban K, Owner at Urban Kitchen, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your experience in Urban Kitchen and feel compelled to reply as some of the information you have supplied is incorrect. None of our sandwiches are "pre-packaged", all sandwiches are made by our team of chefs in our kitchen, hand wrapped in paper to keep the filling from falling out and are freshly replenished in the Café throughout the day, all Open Sandwiches on display in the Restaurant are ordered by the customer and are made on demand.

For what you stated you had, should have come to approximately €23.90 not €27, give or take a few cent depending on what size/type of coffee you ordered: Soup/Sandwich Combo €8.95 x 2, Coffee from €2 x 2 & a pack of our Luxury Brand Crisps €2 x1. All our prices are clearly displayed.

We have taken on board that you said your soup was not at the correct temperature & we have adjusted the temperature guage of our soup urn.

A lot of research was done before we opened into what other Café's in Naas charge for Sandwiches, Combo's etc and we are priced very competitively, cheaper in many instances.

On a positive note thank you for rating the atmosphere so highly and we sincerely hope that you will give Urban Kitchen a second chance.

Yours sincerely,