Osprey Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
The K Club(Straffan)
  • Breakfast included
1,239 results
All reviewsmash restaurantstand alone bathfree standing bathspa areathe penthousethermal suiteexecutive roomlarge balconylovely hotelwalk in showerbar foodrain showerleisure facilitiesspa treatmentsnext morninglovely bathroomrelaxation room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Stayed here with my boyfriend for a valentines treat and could not have been more disappointed! We could not check into our room until 6pm after arriving at 3.30pm and no alternative was offered!! Dirty laundry greeted us at our hotel room when we finally got to check in, requested a late check out and was told we would not have to pay for it because of the delay but when checking out they hadn't taken note of this and wanted to charge us for it! Also when leaving from underground carpark a sewrage pipe had burst and was surrounding my car!!! Sent emails telling of my disappointment and have not recieved any reply. Not a very happy customer.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NomesMeath
JCaffreyRM, General Manager at Osprey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2011

Dear Nomesmeath,

Thank you for your review and my apologies for the problems you experienced during your stay. Firstly , please let me say that the delay you experienced on check in was an unusual and disappointing situation for both our guests and us and one which we will ensure never happens again. In relation to your email, I personally respond to all emails from guests within 24 hours so I do hope you have received your reply by now and if not, please let me know directly so that I can correct the situation. Also, I'm happy to say there was no sewerage pipe broken during your stay, there may have been some standing water around your car due to rain but we have had no sewerage problems of any kind, however I do apologise if you felt this was the case. Once again, thank you for your feedback as it all helps us to improve our service.

Reviewed February 28, 2011

Overall, the hotel was ok, Food ok, service in bar somwhat all over the place, Really spread out and so many steps, wouldn't be suitable for people on walking sticks. The noise at night was extremely annoying. Beds very cozy

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends

Dear VickieWexford,

Many thanks for your review and the positive comments you have made in relation to our beds, they are indeed very cozy. I am sorry to hear, however, that you only found the rest of your experience to be OK, we do try to ensure every guest leaves the Osprey feeling very positive and it is disappointing for us that you did not feel that way. Hopefully you will return and give us an opportunity to raise our game for you.

Reviewed February 22, 2011

Overall The Osprey offers fair value for money on its special offer but ithe experience is all a bit downbeat compared to others in the same bracket.

I was most disappointed that the promised WiFi was erratic. It works in the communcal areas but it didn't work in our bedroom during the evening of our arrival. We had an upgraded executive grade room. I rang Reception who was pleasant enough but really wasn't sorting it out - she suggested fairly quickly that my laptop was at fault. I explained that my iPod also didnt receive it so it was clearly a system fault at the hotel. I rang back to enquire about some cable required to work the internet free from the TV. After some discussion /persuasion it was delivered 10 minutes later to the room. It didn't work. Reception had suggested the €9 per hour internet option, also on the TV. They should at least have offered that free of charge at that point. It was nearly 10.30 pm at this stage so I was too tired to bother trying that out.
The decor is rather dull and dark but clean. The pool is not very classy - it looks more like a council pool with its garish colours but it was clean.
The food was adequate and the menu was very varied.
We were (nicely) asked to leave the gym as we hadn't the right gear. We're new to that scene so it was our fault -- though one of us was wearing Converse runners and stretch denims. Just a pity that they don't spell out before arrival exactly what the gym dress code is for the uniniatiated.
Overall, 6/10.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank WorkLife55
JCaffreyRM, General Manager at Osprey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2011

Dear WorkLife55,

Thank you for your comments and my apologies in relation to the wifi issue, this should have been rectified and you are correct to point out that reception should have offered complimentary use of the TV internet connection once it was clear they could not rectify the problem, I am very sorry that they did not do so. Our decor is distinctive and as a result does not appeal to every taste but we relish our individuality and hope that all all our guests enjoy the Osprey in the main. I hope this will not dissuade you from returning.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

We stayed Friday and Saturday night, us and another couple. There was a very strong smell of smoke in our friends room and when they complained to reception they were moved, no questions asked. All three rooms were lovely, clean and great size for 2. The food in the bar and breakfast was lovely. We were looking to eat in town and the staff were very helpful and we had 2 great meals in Naas. Unfortunately, the rooms were very warm, I couldn't work out how to use the airconditioning, it was always on warm and the noise. Friday was not to bad, I was only woken twice in the night. Saturday at 3am, you'd swear that the disco moved to the room next to me. My problem is the hotel took over an hour to stop the noise. When they stop the hen and stag parties the hotel will be an allrounder.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rokocoko

Dear rokocoko,

Many thanks for your review and I am glad to hear the team were welcoming and helpful. I'm very sorry to hear there were issues with noise, we don't normally receive such comments as the night club is in a seperate building from the hotel for this very reason but we will make note of this and do everything we can to ensure no more of our guests suffer due to noise. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

best regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2011

stayed here for one night with group of friends, really nice hotel in great location.. rooms were really spacious and very clean, we ate in the bar and the food was delicious we had small problem with service but was dealt with very quickly.. will definetely be returning to this hotel in the near and will certainly recomend to friends

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends

Dear CWynne29,

Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Osprey before too long.

best regards,