“Really exceptional hotel”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Dublin
“Really exceptional hotel”
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Stayed here with my boyfriend and truly think this is one of the best hotels I've ever experienced. As mentioned in previous reviews, this hotels greatest strength is its staff. They really can't do enough enough for you and you get a hello from everyone from the cleaning staff to the hotel manager. Check in was quick and easy though I am a little jealous of the people who got the upgrades... Rooms were spacious, clean and exactlhy what you would want and expect from a hotel of this class. Booked in for treatments and received a tour of the facilities from a really nice girl in the spa. The spa facilities (which as a resident you don't have to pay for) are second to none. There's loads of stuff to do and ways to pass the time including a snow room which was a massive novelty, a sanarium which I'd never heard of but was lovely for those who can't manage the heat of the sauna and lovely foot baths where you can relax and exfoliate and soak your feet using dead sea salts. The relaxation room with heated beds was AMAZING as was the hydro pool in the normal pool area. My massage was great, my therapist was professional and had the right talk/silence ratio.

The food in Mash was delicious and the waitress really couldn't do enough for you. It was fine dining experience that I for one am not used to. I can not wait to go back and can't speak highly enough of this hotel. I've booked to go back and am booking it for my boyfriend's mother's upcoming 50th birthday. Other hotels should take note - this is what a hotel experience should be!

Class from check in to check out

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bigmouth19

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Naas, Ireland
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Arrived late in the evening for check-in (around 8pm) and was greeted by a welcoming receptionist - good start to the stay!

We went for dinner in the bar of the hotel and the food was all very tasty - I think between us we sampled everything on the menu! The curry was very hot though!! Service was a little slow and some people were left waiting on side orders but overall it was a nice relaxing atmosphere and the staff were very attentive.

The room was divine! the bed was comfortable and the room was a generous size with large dressing table area. But the bathroom was amazing... the shower was really powerful and was just the ticket to revive yourself. Or the bath - stand alone bath and plenty of complimentary bath/shower items to chose from.

Breakfast was buffet style - which is fine - and there was a chef on hand to cook eggs to order. Good choice of food too and fresh toast - always good - and selection of teas and coffees.

Overall really enjoyed the stay here, only complaint was I wish I could have stayed longer as I didn't get to try out the spa and fitness areas. Also Time:Nightclub is in the same complex if you want nightlife or it's a short walk into Naas town.

My friend got to stay in the suite so I've put up a few pics - it's two floors. Bedroom is standard with a large lounge area upstairs.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Landstuhl, Germany
Reviewed May 22, 2010

went to the Osprey Hotel during a trip to the nearby racetrack and to Dublin. The rooms were very spacious and tastefully arranged, the service was exceptional and the hotel bar just amazing.

Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Enniskillen
Reviewed May 17, 2010

On checking in to the hotel we were given a complimentary upgrade and thought, wonder what this will be and do they say this to everyone. But when we got into the rooms it was a real wow. The bathroom was lovely, roll top bath, separate walk in shower and heated towel rail. Giant kingsize bed and then a lovely wooden decking balcony with seating overlooking the water feature. We ate in Mash on the first night and had a really tasty meal, maybe just one problem they only have 2 sittings and we opted for the 9.15, to late for eating 3 courses with sorbets and chef starters - but the food was delicious. Breakfast was great too plenty of choice. The staff were very helpful and pleasant, recommended a restaurant (The Storehouse) for us on the 2nd night which had really great food too.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Stayed for a hen recently. Was very impressed, rooms were lovely, spacious, clean. Bathrooms were fab with the walk-in shower and freestanding bath tub.... Food was delish! Service was very good and friendly. Free into the Nite Club which is massive (dont loose your pals!) Only downside was that we werent allowed to dress up the bride-to-be (we knew this beforehand) which is part of the fun but we all had a good nite anyway! And the internet costs €9 per hour which is used in your room through the tv and as I forgot my laptop (free Wifi) I had to use the internet so wasnt impressed with the cost of that! Didnt indulge in the Spa but heard great reports.......so will def be back for that! Great stay overall.....;)

• Stayed May 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I stayed in the Osprey hotel a few weeks back as part of a weekend break in Naas. I genuinely had no idea what to expect when I booked it. When I arrived I was well please. The hotel is hidden away a few minutes walk from the main street in bustling Naas.
Checkin was quick and easy and I found the reception staff to be very helpful and pleasant to deal with.
When I got to my room I was delighted with it. It was a larger than normal room, decorated in a very pleasant and relaxing contemporary style. There was a double and single bed and all teh mod cons you would need in a hotel. I particulary liked the fact that there was an empty and ready to use fridge for what ever you need. If you prefered a mini bar the hotel would stack the fridge with what ever you need,
The bathroom was huge with a free standing bath, a tropical rain fall shower and wash basin. All decorated in a very stylish manner.
I ate twice in the, once for lunch and breakfast,. Both times I was happy with the standard of the food.
I was very happy with my stay here, it truely is a hidden gem and I would have no problem recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed April 19, 2010

just returned from a weekend at the osprey and am overwhelmed by the overall standardsof this hotel.The staff are outstanding in each department for friendliness and efficiency.The hotel facilities are pure luxury, and the fine dining exceptional.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naas
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
The Keadeen Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newbridge
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre

Been to Osprey Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!