“Excellent Staff, Great Food”
Review of Osprey Hotel & Spa

Osprey Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Naas
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Staff, Great Food”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The restaurant staff was very very courteous, compliments to the chef the food was perfect. Quite a nice location, beautiful spacious rooms. The pool and spa treatment was fantastic
The Time bar venue is only 5 minute walk away

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shamila P
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Shamila P

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time here at the Osprey. Your kind words have been passed onto the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Dan Horan
Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Manchester
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Gorgeous spacious room with a balcony, really sumptuous though the welcome was spoiled a little by the 100 euro fine notice about people caught smoking in the room. It wasn't clear whether you were allowed even to smoke on the balcony. Lovely meal in the restaurant and a great residents' bar. But again the over-zealous anti-smoking policy was in force when I attempted to go outside to the 'designated smoking area', which looked lovely incidentally. The waiter/barman rather rudely growled that it was closed. It was late, admittedly, but the residents' bar was still very much open. I was directed rather brusquely to the underground carpark...it made me feel like a thief in the night! Reception staff extremely knowledgeable, polite, friendly and helpful. The spa was amazing with a salt room and an ice room at -15C. Would return for the spa alone but must admit the over zealous anti-smoking policy spoiled my stay somewhat. I came to relax!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear travelloaads,

Many thanks for your feedback. All our bedrooms here at the Osprey are non-smoking. My apologies for any rudeness on behalf of our staff, I have passed this onto our Bar Manager to review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay overall and thank you for your kind words. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Dan Horan
n.ireland
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have had a spa break at this hotel last year and was looking forward to another this year with my mum. I bought a grabone voucher to avail of this spa break again with my mum but unfortunately due to three family deaths in three months as you can imagine it didnt suit to go for this break at this time. When I contacted the hotel before the voucher was out of date to see could they accommdate me either with a booking or to extend this voucher by a few weeks to allow me to avail of it they would not accommodate this at all even speaking to the manager did not make any difference - really disappointed with the response from this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank shellyN_ireland
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at the Osprey for one night last weekend, breaking the journey up on our way to Kilkenny for the Bruce Springsteen concert. On arrival we were very pleasantly surprised to find that we'd been upgraded to he Penthouse 'Bon Bon' suite which was just gorgeous. As other people have said in their reviews, there are a few bits and pieces in the room that are a little tired and worn but really, you'd be crazy to let this spoil your overall impression of a lovely suite. The pool, ditto, a little tired looking but the spa rooms were superb and on a rare night away from the kids, was the perfect way to relax - we even fell asleep in the chill-out room, lol!
One of the loveliest things about the room we were given was the massive marble bath in the mezzanine bedroom. My husband went to run a bath, found it wasn't working and called reception. I'm honestly not sure if he'd even replaced the handset before the manager was up and fixing it for us!
The meal was superb in the restaurant with the best peppered sauce I've ever tasted - just gorgeous.
But by far the best thing about this hotel is the staff. From the the incredibly friendly receptionist, to the spa staff, to the waiters and finally, to the really lovely manager on duty that day, you just got the feeling that they enjoyed having you at the hotel and nothing was too much trouble. I'd give it 6 stars if i could!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mcleak
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Mcleak

Many thanks for that wonderful review. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to our team and I hope you enjoyed the concert. I hope to welcome you back to the Osprey very soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here recently and we had a great experience. Our bedroom was large and airy with a lovely bathroom. Lovely accessories, fluffy towels, and comfy beds. The bar area is pleasant and bar food looked good although we didn't dine here. There is a lovely reception area where you can sit and relax. Spa and pool area was clean and adults only in the water suite. I loved the decor in both areas and there was a great atmosphere in the spa although access via a back stairway could be improved. Breakfast was of good standard and staff were very friendly. Overall a lovely hotel experience, will stay for two nights next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Phildav18
Dublin
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is probably the most I've ever spent on one night's stay anywhere for bed and breakfast. Was it worth the money.. well no not on the overall but I'm really glad we stayed there because we'd always fancied it. Myself and my partner treated ourselves because we'd recently got married and didn't have a honeymoon. Reception were friendly, room was beautiful, they put us in a recently renovated room because ours wasn't ready (we arrived at 2.45). But sadly as the stay went on we felt like the room hadn't been checked out that it had everything before booking us in. No hairdryer, no fridge and when we tried calling reception the phone wasn't working! Restaurant prices were fair too pricey for dinner so we had bar food instead which was nice except for the kids staying there with families were tearing around the bar! The treatment we had went very well, staff friendly and facilities were good. The pool area surprised me, I thought it would be more luxurious but it reminded me of a community centre pool. We had a lovely sleep and were looking forward to our breakfast. We were greeted by a lady who said there were no tables near the window and put us at a table for four with one side on it still with dirty dishes on it.. we moved ourselves closer to a window where it was bright and clean and noticed that there were window seats but she was seating business men there??? The food wasn't to our taste largely because the utensils were all stored in the one ban marie.. So there were beans floating around mixed with grease .. not appealing. I had cereal and fruit, tea and toast. My partner had beans, they weren't good. And the fried eggs were hard.. No continental options as regards cheeses, cold meats, odd? Our check out was hassle free. Having said all that I would stay again, it would be room only though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear curvesmad

Congratulations on your recent marriage. My apologies for the issues you experienced which I have passed onto the relevant departments to review. However I am glad you are happy to return and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

ireland
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed in the Osprey and in agreement with other reviews had a lovely stay.

Previously working in the Hospitality Industry there were two things I noticed that really could have been improved in order to coincide with a 4 star status. The first one was the state of the courtyard! The several days I visited, the weather was beautiful. It was obvious the courtyard was never swept and to be honest could have done with a well deserved power hose. The amount of cigarette butts, weeds was plainly obvious.

The second comment was the state of the balcony. We had a view overlooking the front of the hotel and couldn't believe that the balcony was a "weed garden" again the ground area of the balcony needed a severe cleaning/removal of weeds. There was also a flower/plant box attached to the balcony wall which was a disgrace, full of weeds. I realise it may be hard to maintain plants/flowers throughout the year however you can get some great quality artificial ones.

As I say these are a few minor issues which may not have been noticeable to everyone but in saying that my parents who joined us also remarked on these areas too! All can be easily rectified, it is really the little attention to detail that makes a huge difference!
Otherwise great hotel, lovely staff and great food.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear kelly012

Many thanks for writing a review here on Tripadvisor following your recent visit to the Osprey Hotel. I note your comments with interest. It is so important to us that we maintain high levels of cleanliness throughout the hotel and I have passed it onto our Maintenance Manager. I am so glad you had a lovely stay overall and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Guest Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naas
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
The Keadeen Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newbridge
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Clanard Court Hotel

Been to Osprey Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!