“Fantastic family break!!”
Review of Osprey Hotel

Osprey Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We've just returned from a two night stay in the Osprey Hotel. I truly cannot fault any aspect of our stay. The family room was very spacious and well appointed. The food and service were amazing and the staff were extremely helpful and attentive. My 2 children of 5 and 11 had a great time in the kids club which gave the adults some relaxation time. Lenny in the kids club deserves an extra special mention as the kids were really well looked after and were kept entertained painting T- shirts, making pottery, baking cakes, playing games and watching movies.. All in 2 days!!
We all genuinely look forward to our next stay in the Osprey, before the kids return to school.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Linda M

I was delighted to read that lovely review and many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback here on Tripadvisor. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to Lenny and the team and I am glad your children enjoyed their two days in our Kids Club. It’ll be a pleasure to welcome you all back.

Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband was on business in Naas recently, and I decided to join him and am so glad I did! From the moment I arrived, I was treated like royalty, it was so relaxing! I spent a couple of hours in "Life" and would be there still if I could! Things only got better when we went to the bar that evening, the young barman recommended a cocktail for me & even showed me how to make it! We went to "Mash" restaurant for our dinner and, although we had no reservation made, were mae feel very welcome by the waiter, Cein. He was very attentive & friendly, and very knowledgeable of the menu and understanding of my awkward dietary requirements (I'm a coeliac - he even brought me bread!). A credit to the restaurant. Both of our meals were absolutely beautiful, compliments to the chef!!

If I had to make a criticism, the hotel was too warm. Both the restaurant and our room was unbearable at times. But, all things considered, I will certainly return!

Room Tip: Make sure to arrive as early as possible to spend as much time in the spa as possible!

Dear SeanClaireMurray

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you were treated like royalty and had a relaxing stay. Your comments about our staff being friendly and attentive are much appreciated and I will be sure to pass them onto the team. I have passed on your comments about the heat to our Maintenance Manager to review. I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay and you will return. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed in the Osprey last week (Thurs 27th), and had an amazing night. I bought the stay on a deal page and throughout my stay was made to feel like a full paying customer. The spa was excellent, we had the rasul mud treatment, as was the food and cocktails.

Only tiny flaw was the rooms were very hot.

Loved that hash browns were available at breakfast - always a bonus!!

Will most definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Caroline W

Thank you for your kind words about our spa, food and cocktails. I am delighted you had an amazing night and you are happy to return. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed in the Osprey hotel during our business trip. It's great value for money. My room was so big, and I especially liked the spacious bathroom with walk-in shower and bath tub. Very nicely designed. Rooms are quiet. Beds are very comfortable.
Breakfast is very well organized and very good, although there were no boiled eggs which I would have liked. There's plenty of fruit, English hot breakfast, toast is brought to your table, choice in fruit juices, bread, croissants, ...
The hotel staff is very friendly.
We did not eat in the hotel restaurant.
Only improvement I would like to recommend to the hotel is:
- bath robes and slippers
- Stock minibar

Dear Maya 5252

I’m very happy to be able to pass on your good comments to our team. They are much appreciated and help keep everyone motivated. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a weekend get away.This hotel is very nice. Great location. Very clean and the rooms are big, the bathroom is ideal, big bath to relax in, the staff are pleasant. The food is very nice you will not be disappointed. Well worth a stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Enda F

I wish to thank you for taking the time to write a review following your visit to the Osprey Hotel and for your lovely compliments. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel has a very interesting designe, both in room and in bathroom. Few rooms have a balcony, few have teracce. Breakfast selection was modest, but not bad. I spent here one night and there was only one thing to complain about - too small pillows... This is not luxury hotel, but cosy and totally adequate.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband myself and two teenage daughters just spent three nights mid week in this hotel. We had a wonderful time and when we arrived were given two large rooms with a balcony overlooking the courtyard. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The gym and swimming pool were used continually and I had a treatment in the spa. The food was lovely. It was an ideal location to visit Newbridge, Kildare Village, Ikea and Dundrum as a lot of shopping was involved. It was a very luxurious homely hotel and all of us really enjoyed it. I would highly recommend it and hope to return.

Room Tip: Very nice rooms over looking courtyard.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear MarieH22

Many thanks for that lovely review. I am delighted your family had a wonderful time and had the opportunity to enjoy all the facilities in the hotel. Thank you for recommending us, it is really appreciated and I hope to welcome you all back to the Osprey Hotel.

Guest Relations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Naas
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
#1 of 2 in Straffan
Maudlins House Hotel
13 mi away
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Osprey Hotel? Share your experiences!