Osprey Hotel
$250
$165
  • Breakfast included
1,239 results
All reviewsmash restaurantstand alone bathfree standing bathspa areathe penthousethermal suiteexecutive roomlarge balconylovely hotelwalk in showerbar foodrain showerleisure facilitiesspa treatmentsnext morninglovely bathroomrelaxation room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here. Lovely hotel. Room was fab, very spacious & huge bed. Bathroom was also huge with a nice bath. Spa area and pool were very nice and enjoyed it thoroughly. Evening meal was delicious, breakfast was lovely too.

All the staff were very pleasant and helpful, from reception, spa, restaurant, bar... everywhere! Which is always something I look out for in hotels. Very impressed. Will visit again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear starsign542

I wish to thank you for that wonderful review. I was delighted to read that you were very impressed as our staff work extremely hard in all departments while striving for the perfect guest experience and it is a great boost of morale for everyone. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

As a regular visitor to this hotel - it never dissapoints ! From the moment you walk in you feel like your in a 4* Hotel. I've stayed here on several different packages, from spa breaks to overnights with dinner and every package is good.

The bedrooms are lovely and generally look onto the courtyard at the back of the hotel or the fountain at the front of the hotel and the bathrooms are even better with fabulous showers and free standing baths. The Spa area is very and relaxing but the pool can be busy at the weekends.

The bar is vey specious and is on 2 levels. The carvery area can get quite conjested and can get over run with uncontrollable kids running around at the weekends - the hotel should have a firmer policy on this and enforce it, staff seemed stressed with kids running around them while holding trays of hot food or drinks,but there didn't seem to be any management around say anything - it's not a subject most hotels want to approach when they cater for children but it's certainly not safe. I've walked away from the area as well as other customers on more then one occasion for this very reason.

The restaurant is very nice and there's a choice of early bird or a la carte - both options are good.
Breakfast is also served in the restaurant, hot breakfast is buffet style, there is also the usual selection of cereals, pastries, fresh fruit and juices.

The town is walking distance or if your very lazy a taxi down to Popular Square is only about €6. There is plenty of boutiques, shops, bars and restaurants in the town and if your staying more then 1 night in the hotel you should definitely take a wander down.

Overall this hotel is great for a night or a weekend away for groups, singles or couples. It has a spa, leisure centre, restaurant, carvery, beer garden, bar, night club and is a few minutes walk to a buzzing little town !

Room Tip: If your staying on a Sunday or mid-week ask them have they got any bigger rooms or suites available - if they do, they'll upgrade you for free if the rooms are available !
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Rathcoole24

Many thanks for taking the time to write that lovely review and for your continuing support of the Osprey Hotel, it is really appreciated. I am delighted you enjoyed your trip to Naas and I hope it helps other guests who may be thinking of joining us here at the Osprey. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on business nice room starting to get tired around the edges paint etc, food:- had a steak in the bar really good staff very helpful, overall a steam clean of all carpets and paint touch up would go a long way to help.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear MSG66

Many thanks for posting your feedback here on Tripadvisor. We are currently in the middle of refurbishing our hotel and hopefully you will return to the Osprey Hotel and see these changes. Thanks for your lovely words regards our staff and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Seriously?
Two night stay midweek so it was quiet. The receptionist was lovely, but the manager beside her was so unbothered by my partners questions about the local area that he didn't even look up from his computer as he answered.
The room was shabby. I read on the website that the rooms were top of the range, with high speed wifi, mood lighting, comfortable beds, rain showers etc.
High Speed Wifi ? Didn't connect at all day 1 , enquired and was told they were having technical issues. Day 2 connected but as soon as you moved away from a certain spot in the room it went off, and you continuously had to re-enter the WiFi code which was seriously irritating.
Mood Lighting? This was the funniest one, Mood lighting according to the Osprey is a few flourescent lights above the bed which constantly flicker. Hardly "mood" enhancing. There are two spotlights on shelves recessed beside the bed but no bedside lamps.
The double bed, was two single beds shoved together. A pet hate of mine.
The walls and upholstery *which was velvet was stained.
The bathroom had corners on the tiles which had never seen a mop.
The side of the bath in the bathroom fell off as soon as my knee knocked against it. There was a ferocious smell of old water and damp in it. . there was a shower curtain. Also a pet hate of mine and seriously unhygienic. Had to put it inside of the bath to stop the "rainshower" from drowning the entire bathroom,
The room had two oil heaters in it but no radiators or working air con.

Onto the spa. The Spa staff were quite helpful and nice, I guess working with what they have.
The hydro floatation pool had half of the lights broken in the pool. Two were working down the far end of the pool. There was no relaxing music piping in from anywhere..so I bobbed around bored out of my head for 10 mins (of a half hour treatment and left) When I got out to take my shower in the room afterwards, the shower gushed out hot/cold water. I was given one small towel.
I moved onto the various sauna/sanarium/steam rooms.. as I started down the hall where the rooms were I was met with the foulest stench of urine mixed with old damp water ever. It was actually stomach turning. This was the area where the "Experience Showers" were. There was also a dodgy flood across the floor. Again, no sign of anyone to either complain to or ask about the disgusting smell.
The paint job in the Spa is dodgy to the say the least. Its totally run down and I would never bother to grace it again especially as I couldn't find ANY member of staff unless I went the TWO floors back down to the spa and pool reception?!
The spa didn't even have a thermal pool or a hot tub.

I didn't bother to use the dodgy looking chlorine pool.

I wanted two nights of relaxation and rest. It was neither. If you want to go on a relaxing break for this price SHOP around. I have been in both Dunboyne Castle Spa and The Meryck Spa in Galway and these are miles ahead of this place.

Obviously no money has gone into this once well known hotel in a long time. Though I see the manager John something or other constantly responding to complaints with a myriad of excuses and ignorance.. On one review I read complaining about similar to what I just have he said "We are currently undergoing full refurbishment" ... This was one year ago in 2012. No sign of refurbishment - what a joke.

Avoid like the plague. You'd probably pick it up here anyway.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheAncientMariner_11
JCaffreyRM, General Manager at Osprey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Ancient Mariner_11,

Well, to quote from the poem from whence you got your Tripadvisor moniker;

''God save thee, ancient Mariner! From the fiends, that plague thee thus!'

Clearly you are not a fan of the Osprey so I won't attempt to waste your time with my 'myriad of excuses and ignorance'. Suffice it to say I don't agree with much of what you say, for example there is only one light in the hydro flotation pool and as your picture demonstrates, it was working correctly.

The hotel is over ten years old and I agree there are areas that are in need of freshening up but I stand over my comments about the hotel's refurbishment project in previous responses to reviews. So far we have completely redecorated our lobby, our ballroom, our conference centre, some (but clearly not all) of our bedrooms and parts of the main bar, all completed in 2012 with stage two of that plan going ahead in 2013 which will include the spa area as well as more bedrooms. I'm afraid these things take time and do not tend to be completed within a calendar year.

Also, as I have mentioned in previous replies to guests, it is always best to tell us during your visit that you are unhappy with any aspect of your stay and we will do everything in our power to resolve the issue for you then and there, be it by by moving you to a room that will be acceptable or by meeting with myself or one of my management team during your stay to voice your concerns or unhappiness so that we can address them.

Should you choose to return to the Osprey in the future I would be more than happy to meet with you personally and ensure that you were satisfied with every aspect of your stay. I stand over my team and our commitment to guest care and am delighted to note that even though you did not enjoy your time with us you still had kind words for those members of the team with whom you did interact for which I thank you on their behalf.

Regards,

John Something or Other
Complex Manager

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Booked it for a couples night. Price was very fair. Staff on the whole were very friendly. Bathroom was really nice, room was nice too. The Spa and pool area is a nice touch, especially as most of it is included with the room. This isn't the fanciest hotel in the world, but we definately enjoyed the stay.

Breakfast was good. Lots of parking. There is a big nightclub as part of the complex, but we couldn't hear a thing from the room. Free entry for all guests too.

Would go again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear elgriff2000,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor and for your kind words about the Osprey Hotel. I am glad you availed of our facilities and had the opportunity to enjoy them. I was delighted to read that you will return and I look forward to welcoming you back. Don't leave it too long!