“Just what we needed”
Review of Osprey Hotel

Osprey Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Myself and my mother stayed at the hotel for 2 nights b&b &1 evening meal in an executive room (208). We were both in need of some r&r and pampering and that is just what we received. Every member of staff were so pleasent and helpful which made our stay even more enjoyable and we felt like we were vip's. Our room was lovely and clean with a spacious bathroom, we were right next to the elevator which I thought might be noisy but it wasn't. We availed of the leisure facilities and thermal suites every day and found them very relaxing, my mother had a delux pedicure which she raved about when finished and I had the rasul mud treatment which left my skin feeling soft and rehydrated. Even the locals were very friendly and when talking to members of the leisure facility every one was very happy with the hotel and what it had to offer. We had dinner in Mash restaurant on the first night which we both enjoyed, the menu was limited but the food was excellent so we dined again on the second night. The restaurant is quite pricey but lovely for a treat, the bar food was just ok and the breakfast was your typical hotel breakfast. We visted Newbridge Silverware which is only 10 minutes from the hotel and the receptionist kindly arranged for a taxi to collect us and gave us a voucher for a 10% discount, we also visted Whitewater shopping centre which is just across from Newbridge Silverware, if you are looking for a shopping trip then this is the place to go as there are many shops located within a few minutes of the hotel with easy access to Kildare village, Newbridge and Naas. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family and would love to visit again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Elizabeth G

Many thanks for your feedback and your kind words about the Osprey Hotel. I am delighted you and your mother enjoyed your relaxing and pampering weekend. Everyone deserves a treat now and again! Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,231)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very unusual styled hotel - easy to get lost in, but we were helpfully provided with a map!

We stayed in room 305 which was very unusually styled, long corridor high ceilings, bright purple feature wall. loads of space and a fab balcony with a view of the courtyard and fountains/waterfall.

Staff were very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to be of service.

We were with a large group for a conference and I think at times they struggled to cope at 'feeding' times. breakfast was a bit all over the place, but fair play to them, they looked after us very well and even made my 7yr old pancakes for his breakfast, so he was very happy!

The location isn't the best, as in there is no great views but its only 10mins walk from Naas centre. But it was ideal for what we wanted, I didn't get to experience the pool, but heard from others that it left a little to be desired, perhaps it needs an update?

Overall a very enjoyable weekend was spent here, but have to say it was the room that swung it for us - absolutely fabulous!

Thank god for a hotel with a bit of imagination!!

Room Tip: Our room (305) was fabulous!! very large with a balcony and views of the courtyard
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear AngeldaisyLimerick

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I am always delighted to receive comments from our guests, complimentary or otherwise, as it is only by our guests letting us know their views, that we can provide a quality guest experience for all our visitors. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will be welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Myself my friend and my 6yr old stayed in the family room (233) for mothers day, room was spacious but very very warm which was a good thing considering it was a cold day, beautiful view of the water fall and the balcony was a bonus, staff friendly and helpful however not being able to buy a film due to not having a credit card was very disappointing, the corriders were like a maze and the lifts were head scratching and confusing.The bathroom was very impressive and food was excellent altought expensive and the choice was very limited. The hotel need to look at the visa card policy, when I rang to ask about the movies for my six year old I was told no I could not get them even with my visa/debit card it could only be visa. My daughter was very disappointed. After reading a few reviews on tripadvisor I was a little confused, I had rang to book a delux suite and was told by the girl on the phone that the suites were not for kids, on reading reviews here I see that people with children have been in the suites. Im very disappointed with this and feel I have been misled. I have been very sick lately and have been looking forward to some spoiling on mothers day and spending quality time with my daughter. Myself and my daughter were looking forward to some movies popcorn and hot choc snuggled up on the bed. As im writing this at half past eight pm on mothers day I can only hope that tommorows trip to the leisure centre will be a good experience and as the food has been great I can only say bring on the breakfast. thanks to all the staff that have been polite and kind.

Room Tip: no point as when I tried to chose a room like a suite I was talked into a family room. Although room...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear olive k

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. Your comments about our rooms, staff and food are greatly appreciated. Our credit card policy is that we take a preauthorisation on a credit card on arrival which would open up credit on your room for any extras you wish to purchase. Without a preauthorisation the credit facility on your room would remain closed. I do apologise if you felt you were mislead regarding our suites. Our reservations team always advise the best options and would always try and facilitate guest requests. I am glad you spoke to our reception team and will contact Amanda on your return. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed here last night for my mams birthday. Staff are amazing, Sarah helped us arrange our whole event and it went off without a hitch. We stayed in the penthouse which was fabulous. The dinner was lovely and great value. The bar staff were really friendly as well. I'd highly recommend, we're looking forward to coming back for a spa day!

• Stayed: March 2013
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Reviewst

Many thanks for sharing your experience of your recent trip to the Osprey Hotel. I am delighted you and your mam enjoyed celebrating her birthday at the Osprey and we look forward to welcoming you both back.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

First impressions were the staff at reception. As far as I can remember the girl we were dealing with was called Lorraine. I can honestly say that our encounter at reception was one of the nicest and friendliest we have ever experienced.

The weather was extremely cold during our stay but the hotel was wonderfully warm. It was a pleasure to walk along the corridors and feel the lovely warmth. We opened our bedroom door and said "wow"!! It was a huge room, with 7' bed and large bathroom with stand-alone bath and walk in shower. We immediately felt comfortable and relaxed.

We stayed 2 nights and our deal included a 2 course meal in the restuarant for 1 night which we availed of the first night. I enjoyed the meal but my husband found the choice very limiting and, therefore, found it unsatisfying. We moved to the bar where we had dessert and coffee which, in fact, was much cheaper than having it in the restaurant.

Following day we asked at reception for directions to Newbridge Silverware and were given precise instructions in a friendly and helpful manner. The journey to Newbridge only took 10 mins and we found the showrooms with ease. This is a really worthwhile trip to make while staying at the Osprey.

On our return we decided to walk to Naas town itself. It took about 10 mins to walk to town and about another 10 to walk to the far end of town. Its a busy town with a number of very expensive ladies boutiques. On our return to the hotel my OH decided to go for a swim. Unfortunately I couldn't as I had forgotten to bring my goggles and wasn't prepared to buy a pair. He enjoyed the experience. I enjoyed a lovely relaxing time in the lovely warm room.

We did have a restaurant booked in town for our evening meal but decided to cancel as we were tired and we thought we would eat in the bar. The bar, I feel, is the weakest part of the hotel for a few reasons. It is not kept clean (we noticed on the Sunday night that the floors were still dirty following the carvery earlier in the day). The staff were not as friendly as those in other parts of the hotel. The food was mediocre and I was truly sorry that we decided to eat there.

The breakfasts were lovely. I didn't have any of the hot food but the croissants were to die for. Again the staff in the restaurant were most helpful and friendly.

I would definitely return to this hotel but would eat elsewhere. Its in a lovely location with easy access to Kildare Village, Newbridge and Naas.
I will look forward to a visit in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear mollieNorthEast

We appreciate the time you took to leave feedback on Tripadvisore. We welcome all comments both positive and negative as it helps us improve all the time. I am delighted you enjoyed your relaxing break and are happy to return. I will be sure to pass your lovely comments to Lorraine. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Osprey.

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This is the third time my mother and I have stayed in the Ospery hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful!!! The quality of food is amazing, we had the two course early bird snd we left stuffed. The bedrooms are always spotless and very spacious. I would highly recommend the Ospery to all my family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2013
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear krislovesfood

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such positive feedback on Tripadvisor, it is really appreciated. I am delighted to be able to pass it onto our team as it helps keep everyone motivated. I hope you will continue to visit us here at the Osprey Hotel as it was a pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I held a business meeting here and can't fault the attitude, attention to detail and helpfulness of the staff.
The day ran very well and everyone loved the hotel and spa facilities.
My only downside would be that the hotel has lots of steps, some in random places, so getting luggage up to your room might be a bit of an issue for the less abled bodied.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naas
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
#1 of 1 in Newbridge
13 mi away
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Maudlins House Hotel

Been to Osprey Hotel? Share your experiences!