“new years eve dec 2012”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Naas
dublin
“new years eve dec 2012”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

stayed for new years eve the rooms were very dark had food in the bar it was quite good the bar staff were very rude did not want us to be there only about six people in the bar and no entertainment will never go back

Room Tip: stayed here new years eve 2012 room was dark and the bar staff had only approx 6 people to attend to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JCaffreyRM, General Manager at Osprey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Brenda,

Many thanks for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy NYE at the Osprey. I'm very disappointed to hear about the attitude of the bar team as our staff usually get top marks from our guests. I can assure you that I will address this directly and apologize for any rudeness displayed. I am sorry to hear you would not return but should you change your mind please do contact me directly and I would happy to organize a discounted rate and an upgrade for your return visit.

John Caffrey
Complex Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here back in November as part of a night out with Friends, had dinner in the bar was really really nice with a complementary drink which went down well! really enjoyed the atmosphere in the bar would of loved to stay here for longer, check in was really good also staff where very friendly and attentive, was upgraded to an exec room was really gorgeous breakfast was really busy the next morning but again the staff where on hand to make sure the buffet was plentyful will definately be returning for a spa weekend!!!

Room Tip: go for the room upgrade!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear allyk19

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review here on Tripadvisor, it really is appreciated! I am delighted you that you enjoyed your stay and our team were friendly and attentive at all times. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Osprey for a relaxing spa break.

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Have never stayed here but have been a casual diner and gym member for a number of years.
The overall appearance of this hotel has never enticed me to stay overnight and I have never been tempted to use the spa either.
Lunches mid-week are ok but nothing special...just pub-grub really.
The gym is good And the leisure staff are great but there is something about this place that does not encourage me to spend any more time than necessary in the place. Car parking is a but of a nightmare too. I ended up in the conference centre breaking through a fire exit door once to trg to access the gym!
Overall...just ok

• Stayed December 2012
JCaffreyRM, General Manager at Osprey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Travelire,

Many thanks for a very interesting review. Firstly, our thanks for your kind words about our team in LIFE Health and Fitness, they are greatly appreciated. I can't comment on the 'something' that stops you from staying with us but based on the fact that you are a member of some years standing you probably live locally so possibly would have no such desire. I'm sorry you do not enjoy our midweek lunch offering but it is a carvery and is served in our bar so describing it as 'pub grub' is probably quite accurate and it does seem to be very popular. However, I would be happy to listen to any specific views you have on how we could improve it. Finally, we have over 300 car parking spaces which is usually more than adequate and I'm at a loss as to how you wound up in the conference centre 'breaking through a fire door' to gain access to the gym as they are in two completely separate buildings. That being said we won't hold a grudge about the door :)

John Caffrey
Complex Manager
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Following the hustle and bustle of Christmas we decided to have a few days away to relax an we found the Osprey Hotel and Spa in Naas. The hotel was perfect for a very relaxing break, from the moment we stepped inside the hotel we felt at home with the warmth of the welcome, all staff ie receptionists ,bar,dining room could not do enough to make our stay a memorable one and a great start to the year 2013. The food was excellent both at breakfast and in the evening. We could not fault our stay at the Osprey and we look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are of very high standard
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Thomas M

We do appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your memorable stay at the Osprey. Many thanks for your kind words. It is always wonderful to receive such lovely feedback and it is a great boost of morale for everyone. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here NYE 2012 with a group of friends, Lovely rooms, facilities, the night club next door is great - Breakfast and Dinner was real enjoyable.

I would stay here again, and hope to book another night very soon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Dara G

I wish to thank you for your kind words about the Osprey Hotel here on Tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and will visit us again. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Belturbet, Ireland
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Arrived on Sunday for a 1 night stay. Room was lovely, a bit on the cool side which makes a change from most hotel rooms.
Lovely staff, very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was nice. Great parking facilities.

Few little things that I noticed

1. We arrived on Sunday around 3 pm, Spa was closing at 5, wasnt opening until 10am next day and as we were only there for 1 night would have had to have checked out by 12. Felt there wasnt much time to use it unfortunatly.7 pm closing would have given more time.
2. Chair in the bedroom is very close to step, all to do with design of the unit where its positioned but it is so easy for the chair to topple off the step.
3.Top of bin in the bathroom wasnt cleaned.

All only minor things, would stay here again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear csjireland

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor, it is greatly appreciated! I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and apologise for the small issues you experienced. I am delighted you will return and look forward to welcoming you back.

Moira, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Just an over-nighter but really loved this hotel. We were given a really warmed and informed reception by the receptionist. The room was lovely, large and a great bathroom, plenty of drawer space, tea/coffee, tv etc etc, one thing I wasn't so keen on was the bedside lamps which in my opinion should be replaced. The spa/pool area was great. We ate in the Waldorf bar which was very tasty, I had Bruschetta then Sirloin cooked perfectly, the actual service was not great though, but all in all a lovely meal. The beds were comfy. I would recommend this hotel and will book it again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy C, Guest Relations Manager at Osprey Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Irishandfun

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent trip to the Osprey Hotel. I’m glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and will recommend us to your family and friends and apologise for the service you received in the bar. I have sent your feedback onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Osprey in the near future.

Guest Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naas
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
The Keadeen Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newbridge
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Clanard Court Hotel

Been to Osprey Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!