“Delicious food, wonderful service”

Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, wonderful service”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the first time and will definitely be back.

The service at reception and in the bar was perfect, polite but friendly. I had the tasting plate in the bar which was absolutely delicious.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Pandymonium

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed Saturday and Sunday night of the June bank holiday weekend.
We were return customers for a second time and this time we were not happy.
The first night we could not sleep as there was a wedding on in the hotel (which we were never told about) and our room window was situated about 20 yards from the dance hall and that kept us awake until after 2.30am. Had to keep the window closed to keep some of that noise out which made the room extremely hot and stuffy. Finally got to sleep about 3am but to be awoken shortly after by the many loud and some intoxicated wedding party patrons, falling/walking back to their rooms. Our room was positioned right next to the elevator also which didn't help the situation. So much for the relaxing country retreat break!
Next day we went for drinks around 4pm in Jacks bar,lovely bar and set up there to be fair. Quite busy as there was a Strictly Come Dancing event and a post wedding party barbecue on which we found out about then. I was short changed at the bar and when I questioned it was met with a disbelieving response until 2 people near me at the bar questioned their change also. Not the first time this had happened with this particular employee according to customers.
Booked dinner in Jacks as part of the 2 b&b dinner package on that night for 7pm. We got talking to the restaurant manager and he said it would be extremely busy there at that time with all the goings on there, so we changed it to 7.45pm. Again we were not informed of this on initial booking. Meal was nice until the mains came out . Asked for well done steak and got rare,partner asked for medium and got well done. Sauces were wrong too. Couldn't get staffs attention so just stuck with it as we didn't have the patience to wait 20 min for replacements.
Also inquired about bank holiday opening times for the Spa. Staff member wasn't sure and told us all info would be sent to room presumably via voicemail or written means but that never came.
Second night also had very loud music blaring down on the reception area from the first level. Very hard to have a conversation with receptionist as a result,no point really as she could barley hear me.
I didn't bring up these above points while checking out as I wasn't even asked how my stay went hence my critique via these means.
It's a nice hotel in a lovely area with lovely gardens but if your looking for a quiet country get away I'd personally stay clear.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank darragh000
ManagerKillashee, General Manager at Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Darragh 000

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Killashee in relation to your recent stay with us. On behalf of the team here at Killashee I would like to apologise for the upset, frustration and disappointment we caused you during your stay with us, I can assure you that we have taken all of your comments very seriously and I have spoken to the various departments in relation to the issues you raised.

I have no doubt you were looking forward to a relaxing break away which I have no doubt was well deserved and unfortunately you did not receive this. I really am so sorry that you were not asked on check out how your stay was as it would have been lovely to meet you and go through all of your helpful feedback.

I was delighted to see that you have stayed with us before and I really do hope that you will come back and visit us again some time in the near future where hopefully we can meet if not exceed your expectations of us.

Kind Regards

Dee Nix
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic hotel,staff couldn't be more helpful,nicola on reception was great.stayed in a junior suite so quiet and peaceful.bed was so comfortable and the late check out really made it all round a fantastic stay.looking forward to staying again only will stay longer next time.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marypyne
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was at a wedding in January and couldn't find a fault with this hotel.

We received a free upgrade on arrival and the suite was very comfortable and we were very impressed.

The staff were excellent, very friendly and welcoming. Also helpful as I left my earrings behind and when I called to check the housekeeping staff had found them and placed them in the safe until I could collect them.

There was a good selection at breakfast although we did have to wait a while for service. At the wedding dinner the night before the service and food was excellent. I had specified my dietary requirements and when our table was served they knew exactly what I had ordered and brought it straight to me.

We also had lunch in the bar before heading home. I would love to go back to try out the spa.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The suites are beautiful and add a little luxury
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jibberjabber
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I (Simon and Geraldine) arrived at the hotel around 5.30pm Friday 23rd May 2014. The driveway to the hotel and first view of the building are very impressive. Beautiful lobby, welcomed by an extremely friendly receptionist. Delighted with our large room and even larger bed. Very acceptable ensuite bathroom. Went to Jack's Bar for a meal. Our waitress was GALA from Bulgaria. Food very tasty and well presented. Gala had a wonderful bubbly personality, was extremely attentive and really made our evening. Breakfast next morning was served in the grand diningroom. Wow what a selection and even better "no hot buffet". The hot breakfast was served to us by friendly waitresses. 10 out of 10 That evening we ate again in Jack's Bar and our waitress was a beautiful Polish girl called EDYTA. She also couldn't do enough for us and we really enjoyed conversing with her. We decided to eat at the hotel on our last night, Sunday, and GALA once again looked after us. We also had the opportunity to meet the restaurant supervisor ANETA. We had observed her over the past two evenings and commented on how well we felt she coped with a busy bar and restaurant. What a darling she was. We also met a young lad called ROB, a great character and a true asset to the team in Jack's Bar. Oh yes I must mention ALI, a very efficient and fun barman. A big thankyou to you all for making our stay so wonderful, the craic was mighty. A mention must also go to the much forgotten housekeeping staff, you do a great job. We are already making plans to return within the next few months. To the Owners Mr Jack Tierney and Mr Denis McCoy, congratulations to you both for the wonderful hospitality particularly in these difficult times. You are to be commended for upholding a 4 star establishment. Best wishes and don't forget to appreciate your amazing staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Misnog
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Rural location, a few miles off the highway, but half the fun is getting there. This is a complete hotel with everything you need without leaving the grounds. Rooms are spotlessly clean, good-sized, with up-to-date furnishings. The bathroom is large and modern. WiFi was strong throughout the large building. Breakfast is lovely with a large window view to a well-manicured garden. Staff are very pleasant, helpful, and attentive. There is a good-sized bar/lounge and the restaurant has excellent food. However, it’s driving distance to anywhere along some narrow country roads. It’s the perfect place to get off the highway and into rural Ireland!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Treated to afternoon tea here by my daughter. The overall experience was lovely and the food on the whole really good. Plenty of tea/coffee and iced water - the waiting staff were very attentive and frequently appeared to make sure we had all we wanted. Just a couple of niggles - we had no choice in the sandwiches (actually open sandwiches) and so the most luxurious one, the smoked salmon, was left as neither of us cares for it. I would have been glad to have another egg one instead. The scones were so bitter with soda that we could only eat half. Plenty of butter & cream supplied. On such a special occasion, jam would have been nicer servied in ramekins rather than the rather stiff confection in small screw top glass jars. Now for the positive - the cakes & pastries were superb. The panna cotta was so fresh and light to end with, and the little mousse in the glass was gorgeous - only thing was, the spoon was too big to get to the bottom, so we used the other end so as not to miss any! Overall a really nice experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank happyholidays673
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naas
Osprey Hotel & Spa
The Keadeen Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newbridge
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Clanard Court Hotel

Been to Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure? Share your experiences!