“Very nice hotel ”

Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Was at a function in the hotel and stayed over. Service food and the room great. The bedroom was really quiet and the bathroom very good with lots of towels and shampoo the meal in the dining room was excellent as well as the breakfast. I liked it

Stayed: April 2014
KillasheeHouseHotel, Manager at Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Happy_IE,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at Killashee.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and that everything was to your satisfaction.

I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another stay with us in the near future.

Thanks again,

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Four friends enjoyed a offer in the Villa Spa of a spring rejuvenation which included four treatments for €99: a taster facial, an aromatherapy bath, back massage, head massage (while the face mask was doing its thing) and a dry flotation bed. Overall the package was reasonably priced and worth it considering that a standard facial of an hour is normally €60+ in a local salon, (though a therapist in this offer was only required for the facial and back massage.)
My therapist, Kelly, was very friendly and professional at her job and an advertisement for the products with her glowing appearance.
I thoroughly enjoyed the dry floatation experience, and loved the fact that there was a electric blanket on the bed during the facial.
The bath was good from a point of view of the varying jets, but I would question if it was a "rose bath" or indeed if any aromatherapy oil was added as there was no pleasant smell and I think it was just tap water, my personal preference would have been that the water was warmer.
In the relaxation room there was a welcome supply of tasty Iced Tea, Lemon Water and iced water which were replenished on request
I probably would not return outside of a very special offer as I felt the spa left itself down on a number of factors (a) on entering we were not given a tour of the spa or shown the facilities (if there are any a pool, sauna and whirl pool where advertised though I don't know if there are in the separate hotel building) (b) the changing room is aged and one of the two hair dryers wasn't working (ii) there was no hook outside the two showers to hang a towel or the issued robe (iii) the lighting over the mirrors was poor inefficient to allow clients sit and do their makeup (iv) I don't think they should bother with the fake flower petals around the treatment rooms which looked aged and shoddy either have the real thing or nothing (v) the flickering candle light was all from battery operated candles yes from a H&S point of view these are ideal but a few scented candles would add luxury and escapism

A pleasant way to spend a Sunday with friends but I will be booking elsewhere on either packages or full indulgent treats before returning because of where this spa lets itself down (I-V above)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We had our wedding here and stayed for the weekend after it. I can't complainant it enough. There was never a problem, the staff where all wonderful and the building is stunning. The room was huge and we checked some of our guests rooms that stayed the weekend also and they where similar. We had breakfast and dinner and the food was divine. I don't think it's possible to leave hungry. All in all a massive thumbs up and we can't wait to return for our anniversary!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear SueOHerlihy,

Can I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your wedding, and thank you both for trusting us with such an important and memorable day in your lives.

I cannot thank you enough for your kind hearted lovely review of Killashee. We really appreciate your complements on all levels.

As you have mentioned leaving hungry for us is not an option. Here at Killashee we are foodies. We believe all our guests must leave feeling divinely full and satisfied or we haven’t done our job right.

I really look forward to welcoming you and your new husband back to Killashee House Hotel for your anniversary stay. I’m sure we can take care of you and provide you both with another memorable stay.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Just returned from Afternoon tea at the Hotel with family and it is certainly a place we will be returning to. Called this morning to confirm and spoke to Nigel (I think and if i'm wrong on the name I am sorry as he was very pleasant), I confirmed the amount of people and as it was a special occasion I wanted to ensure there was enough plates ordered, he said not to worry and he was right. I arrive and was greeted by the gent I spoke with earlier, table was ready and he remembered I said it was a birthday celebration and he would arrange a birthday plate for my mam. We were brought to our table and told Hannah would look after us, when the rest of the party arrive our order for tea/coffee was taken. There was a delay of about 25 minutes on getting the afternoon tea delivered but Hannah did come over twice to apologise and to say it would be with us shortly which we appreciated. Nothing worse then not been told and trying to catch a staff member so well done. Afternoon tea arrive, 1 one the afternoon stand and the other on just plates as they didn't have enough due to how busy it was (and it was busy) It looked and tasted lovely, high complements on the relish on the Ham Sandwich, warm scones yum and gorgeous passion fruit cheesecake & mini pastries. Due to numbers we ordered extra scones but aside from that there was plenty and Hannah offered to pack up the non eaten items for us to take home. Hannah was attentive to our table, tea/coffee replenished (a number of times : ), time flew. We left 3 hours later very happy and paid our bill with the same gent who showed us to our table. If I did have a low point and to be it would be the room, it could do with being dressed better it does seem as if its a standby room not used only when very busy. Aside from that it was my first visit but will not be my last and I would certainly recommend it to people. Well done to the staff and thank you for making this family occasion a pleasant one

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Had the pleasure of staying here with my extended family .to celebrate our mothers birthday recently and have to say that the staff were exceptional, they couldn't do enough for us. The hotel has a great atmosphere, the food and wine (limited selection) was lovely although a little pricey. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear 4alive,

Thank you so very much for your lovely review.

We are extremely lucky to have a wonderful team here and we are delighted that you felt that too. At the moment we are updating our menus and pricing list so thank you for bringing this is to our attention.

It was an absolute pleasure to have you all as guests of Killashee and we certainly look forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Booked afternoon tea as a Mothers day treat. The price seemed very reasonable.
On arriving to the hotel it looked really lovely. Lovely reception area & nice reception staff. When we were shown to the area where afternoon tea was served it was a side room off the bar. The room itself wasn't very cosy or welcoming.
When the afternoon tea come it looked tired form the get go !
The sandwiches were ok not exactly how they are described in the menu. The madeira cake had seen better days & the pastries were how I could only describe as terrible. The cheesecake looked as i it was still defrosting, the base was completely soggy. The Macaroons were no way fresh I have tasted better macaroons from a supermarket. The glazed fruit tart consisted of a shop bought pastry case which soft, a blob of fresh cream half a strawberry & a raspberry, Im not sure where the glazed part was !
The lemon meringue was fine, apart from the soft pastry.
The only saving grace of the entire afternoon tea was the scones. They were fresh, still a little warm & tasted great.
The waitering staff were pleasant but not very attentive.
What should have been a lovely afternoon turned in to such a disappointment.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank RBC31
ManagerKillashee, General Manager at Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear RBC31,
Many thanks for your review and I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience of Afternoon Tea on Sunday, as is our Pastry Chef.
Afternoon Tea is treated as a very special occasion here in Killashee and it is actually something we take very seriously and in fact pride ourselves on.
I really would like to discuss your experience further as your review certainly doesn't reflect what we would like everyone to experience when they choose Killashee House for an Afternoon Tea treat. You can contact me on smooney@killasheehouse.com
I look forward to hearing from you,
Kind Regards

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Myself & my fiance stayed here last weekend for my birthday after getting off to a bad start in a different hotel so we rang Kilashee House Hotel & thankfully it was available and they gave us a great deal also!

As soon as we drove up towards it I knew it was going to be fab, the interior, the stairs, the bar, the staff - everything about it oozes elegance! The staff are so friendly and helpful, the place is spotless which must be difficult as the hotel is massive.

The room was immaculate with beautiful comfortable bedding. The hotel bar had music both nights which was great as we stayed there both nights and enjoyed the excellent food, drink and music! The Snug Bar just around the corner of the hotel is so cute and has a real Irish feel about it, I felt like a tourist sitting by the fire reading the history that was all over the walls - I didn't want to leave!

Kilashee House Hotel is the type of hotel that you could stay there all weekend, enjoy the buzz around the place and sit and watch people and the world go by. It has beautiful grounds with a beautiful garden which is has a fountain where it asks you to forget your worries and enjoy the peace around you - it really is a beautiful place!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get back to Kilashee until the new year and I am already looking forward to it more so than my honeymoon in America at the end of the year!!

It is a place that I honestly cannot fault, a place that makes you feel like you are away from all the daily stresses of life and definitely a place that stole my heart - I can't wait to go back! Thank you Kilashee House Hotel x

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear IrelandERM,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review, we are delighted that you choose Killashee House for your stay and really appreciate you taking the time to compliment the team & the service at Killashee.
We wish you the very best of luck with the planning of your forthcoming weddings & your honeymoon and certainly look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion in the not too distant future.
Kind Regards
Simon Mooney - Deputy General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Naas
Osprey Hotel
The Keadeen Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newbridge
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Clanard Court Hotel

Been to Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure? Share your experiences!