“Great pub and restaurant!”

The Dew Drop Gastropub
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Kill
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I had dinner at the Dew Drop Inn restaurant on a Sunday evening. We didn't book and we had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated, so busy it was. And there's a reason...the food was excellent and very reasonably priced. Same for the drinks.
The hot rock steak was lovely (especially if you like rare meat) and my husband's burger was - he says - the best he had in a long time. Dessert was very nice too.
My husband went to the pub (the other half of the building!) earlier to watch a match and had a very good time, everybody was friendly and he felt very welcome (we're new to the area.)
We'll definitely go back over and over again.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I regularly have lunch here and it always hits the spot. Food is consistently good and tastes fresh. Soups are always delicious. I often order a sandwich of the joint of the day with a salad. it is not on the menu and it never fails to please. the steak salad is delicious and the staff are always pleased to accomodate any preferences you may have with the way food is served. You can get in and out of here in 40 minutes if you are in a hurry and quicker if you ask them to speed it up. A great place for lunch and on the rare occasion that I have eaten there in the evening, it was equally good.

1  Thank Colm104
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Myself & my husband use to come for meals here frequently when we lived close by, we had not been for over a year but passing by a couple of weeks ago we decided we'd pop in. The waitress was straight over and gave us our menus, it wasn't too busy as it was a Tuesday evening at about 5 o'clock. Although it was not busy the waitress took a long time to return and take our order. We both got fish cakes to start which were nice but were covered in salt, even the salad. The kids menu had some good healthy options but my daughter is only 1 so she couldn't eat any of these so I ordered her sausages and chips, her meal was covered in salt as well. Our mains took ages to arrive and the kids started to get restless, tables that arrived after us were getting their orders before us. Our mains arrived eventually I had cod and chips, again caked in salt and the chips were greasy and looked like they were cooked in day old oil. I could only eat half the fish it was disgusting. My husband had the curry but he couldn't finish it either as it was laced with salt as well!! And my husband is a man who puts salt on all his food. The waitress did not come during our mains to ask how the food was. We opted for the 3 course early bird but it was taking ages for the waitress to take our dessert order that we decided to leave. My husband went to the bar to pay and was told he would have to pay full amount even though we did not have the desserts so he asked for them take away. I had the dessert at home that evening, a chocolate brownie with choc sauce. It was divine but hey I guess the salt crazed chef can't put salt on desserts!!

3  Thank Em777
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

I stop here when leaving dublin as its very handy being just off the motorway. Parking is ok but can be busy. The bar is well stocked and is pleasent . Food is typical of most bars now days. Burgers etc. Staff very nice and sevice quick. Good place for a drink and bar food.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Live around Naas and wanted something different than the places just in Naas & called out to Kill (about 5 mins from Naas) and tried The Dew Drop, was not to be disappointed. I had the soup of the day which was lovely & rich, full of flavour & then I had the Steak on the Stone option where you cook your own steak, great novelty. Service was effecient & pleasant, good value too, will be back