“Would recommend to anyone”

Celbridge Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Celbridge
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We had my son's confirmation meal in this hotel in February just gone. The room was airy, bright & comfortable. Nothing was any trouble and the food was really good with choice for everyone. The day was made really special with personalised menus on the table and a gift for my son. We had crossing out fingers would be ok given various reviews but it was more than ok - have been raving about it to everyone who'll listen. Thank you so much to all at the hotel - definitely wont be last time we visit

• Stayed: February 2014
Manager c, General Manager at Celbridge Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that your family had an enjoyable day here at Celbridge Manor,

We are developing our family offering to offer entertainment for both children and parents on special occasions,

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed at this Hotel for weekend with my cousins. We all had a very pleasant stay. Food was delicious a great selection for breakfast and evening Meal was delicious. The bedroom was very spacious and airy - lovely beds. The Staff were all very friendly welcoming and attentive. I would recommend a stay in this hotel. Plenty of places to see in the locality, Thanks to all staff. I'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Manager c, General Manager at Celbridge Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am delighted to learn that you had a pleasant experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to Celbridge Manor

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I arranged to meet a friend here for lunch here whom I hadn't seen in a long time. I was surprised it was so quiet when we arrived as it was a lunchtime on a Friday. There were lots of staff. We only sat down and the waitress was over to us to take our order. I advised her we needed to see a menu which she duly returned with. We were both chatting and within another couple of minutes she was back again. This happened three times and my guess is because there was hardly anyone here for lunch. My friend ordered the soup of the day, carrot and coriander with brown bread and I ordered a chicken salad. When the lunch arrived the bread was noticably stale and the soup was extremely spicey. So much so that neither of us could eat our lunch. I would not return to this hotel for lunch. I feel they need to train their staff to be more professional, The two receptionists were busy chatting away and did not even acknowlege us arriving or departing..... There appeared to be a lot of staff and also there were workmen busy trying to fix something.which was quite annoying whilst we were trying to have lunch.... I felt this should not be going on during lunchtime. I am really dissapointed in this hotel as it is the only one in Celbridge and it could have had great potential. I will not be returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank april_jac

Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am most disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your experience with us, I would like if you could contact me directly on gm@celbridgemanorhotel.ie to discuss your experience and maybe give us the opportunity to invite you back and rectify the issues you had.

I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed here this week and I got a great surprise, the front of the hotel is inviting with a lovely entrance, the receptionist was welcoming and friendly as were the bar staff, service and food was as you would expect from a hotel that looks like this excellent. The bedroom had two double beds in it and was big enough for another two, it was comfortable and clean with a large flat screen. The outside of the hotel looks stunning at night when they put the lights on and light the candles in the door way, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, well done to all concerned.

• Stayed: March 2014
Manager c, Manager at Celbridge Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am delighted to see that you found all our services to your liking, We look forward to welcoming you back to Celbridge Manor in the future.

Celbridge Manor

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were greated by very friendly and helpful staff at reception. Room was lovely. Clean- recently updated. It had Tea and coffee facilities and Wifi. Bathroom was clean and well stocked with toiletries. Beds were big and comfy with lovely white linen. We had food in the bar which was really really nice. I had the fish and chips. Really biig piece of fish with not too much batter. Chips were lovely. Came with a small pot of pea puree and some horseradish. My companion had the curry - which was just ok.Menu said it was a thai curry but definately was not home made. The hotel itself is lovely. Old building that retains a lot of its charm.They kept a lot of the old stonework inside the building. The outside looks like a big stately home. It is fairly near celbridge itself but only €5 in a taxi if you dont want the walk. Breakfast was served until 10.30 on a sunday. We came down at 10am and were followed over the next 30 mins or so by a lot of other guests. When we arrived the hot food - kept hot in containers, was very very tired looking indeed. Not a lot left either. Scrambled eggs were swimming in liquid. Not many veg options left at all. Sausages and bacon etc were clearly there a long long time. Some very burnt looking potatoes left and as I was hungry I took some. They were cold and rubbery. The cheese option was supposed to be Cheshire blue Brie and cheddar. There were about 5 slices of red chedder left out - no other cheese. Overall it was a plesant stay. It did'nt cost a fortune. But I would reccommend putting some freshfood out in intervals. I would stay again and I would order off the menu so it will be cooked fresh.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Pahef
Manager c, Manager at Celbridge Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, Firstly I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay here at the manor and that you found our staff friendly and helpful, I do take your comments on board about our breakfast offering and can assure you that the this is under review and on your next visit you will find it to your satisfaction,

We look forward to welcoming you back

Manager

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed over night in a beautiful family room.It was very spacious and warm and the bathroom was spotless!So sorry I didnt get a chance to use the beautiful free standing bath!We all had a great nights sleep.We found the staff extremely helpful and friendly from the minute we arrived!Had our meal in the restaurant,and could not fault anything,fresh,piping hot and delicious!!Also a "special "dessert for my hubbie as he was celebrating a "special" birthday!Its 22 years since we were here in the"Setanta House Hotel" for our wedding,but it certainly will not be that long before we return!We would highly reccomend a stay here!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Very glad you enjoyed your stay and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the Manor

Manager

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Last night I dined in the bar with a friend after a long day at work. I was quiet disappointed at a number of aspects of my meal and experience of the evening. The toilet had no toilet set on it found this not great given the style of establishment.
The staff did not ask if we would like a drink until our food arrived if feel this was a missed opportunity for sales on the part of the bar staff .
The food was disappointing I had beef fajitas I was not asked how I would like my beef cooked it arrived well done which is not my preference I would have preferred medium well. My friend had a burger she felt it
Wasn't as hot as it could be. The desserts were excellent though was impressed with the range and my cheesecake was very nice.
We also found the music was grating after a while & didn't create much of an ambiance.
Overall I feel the bar has lots of potential but it is not being maximised . Felt the prices were reasonable and in line with others in the town.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Jj1493

Dear Guest,

Firstly I am happy that you enjoyed your dessert here in the manor, I am however disappointed that the service and main offering was not to standard for you, I can assure you that all service processes and menus are now under review in the manor and I hope we get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel and exceed your expectations, Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback
Regards
Celbridge Manor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Celbridge
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
The Court Yard Hotel
The Court Yard Hotel
#2 of 4 in Leixlip
Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Celbridge Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!