“CELBRIDGE'S SECRET HIDEAWAY”
Review of Springfield B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Celbridge
Springfield B&B
Ranked #2 of 4 Celbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 29, 2014

A very warm genuine welcome awaits your arrival. Sheehy's at Springfield is in a very peaceful and beautiful setting, yet right on the doorstep of the Historic village of Celbridge. Bedroom with ensuite very clean and comfortable. Breakfast......well what can one say! Walking down to the breakfast room, a wonderful aroma set your senses and taste buds tingling . Homemade blueberry pancakes(enough to feed an army and only one of little me), cinnamon muffins, breads, spreads too many to mention. A huge bowl of fresh fruit. Followed by a full cooked breakfast, perfectly poached egg! Truly scrumptious. All of this and served up with a beautiful SMILE . Thank you very much Libby and family, I will return with my husband and friends when the Curragh calls. Excellent value without a doubt.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Tina T

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Returned once again to my first choice place to stay when on business in the area. A wonderful welcome is always guaranteed and the food and accommodation is first class. Absolutely exceptional! Strongly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Sheehy's at Springfield and would highly recommend it to anyone. I stayed here as I had a wedding nearby.The house has wonderful character and the beds are very comfortable. I was made feel very welcome by the wonderful Libby upon arrival. The breakfast and cookies were absolutely delicious. Was sorry that my stay was so short!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed in Springfield in Celbridge recently and it was a VERY pleasant experience indeed. The welcome we received and the comfort of the house was really wonderful! Home cooked breakfast, even for us who have food allergies was no trouble to our host. Staying there, the welcome and friendliness was such that we were home from home, only in a lot more comfort!

We left promising ourselves that even if we were not heading that way, we'd make it our business to go and spend another night or two or more, when we had a chance to go up that direction again. We have no hesitation in recommending that people stay at Springfield in Celbridge. May you enjoy your stay as much as we did!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding and I really liked it. Great value for the standard of service and surroundings. Much more character then staying in a hotel. The surroundings really are lovely, the fireplaces, period furniture and paintings really add to the atmosphere. The beds are lovely. Really enjoyed this.

The food was lovely, homemade rolls and lovely coffee. We even got a lift to the wedding.

I couldn't fault anything about this place. I would highly recommend this.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AislingOH
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Our family (3 kids, 2 adults) spent four nights at Springfield during the Hallow'een break 2013. It was quite simply the most relaxing, comfortable, enjoyable stay we have ever had in Ireland, or maybe anywhere (worth noting how incredibly comfortable both the beds and the bedding were). The house itself is a veritable trove of delights and discoveries which captured the active minds of our young boys. Libby, the Bean an Tí (Lady of the House), the hostess with the mostest (if anyone ever deserved that title Libby does) was a warm and welcoming hostess who is super (super super) talented chef and produced some of the most beautiful breakfasts we had ever tasted (and all the more enjoyable eaten in a beautiful dining room in front of a rip roaring fire). When we were there the whole house was decked out in the Hallow'een spirit (as was Libby) and our kids just adored being there and really enjoyed their time with Libby 'helping' her in the kitchen. I could go on and on but believe me - this place cannot disappoint. It is unique in ever way. And, by the way, Libby, if you are reading this, you will have noticed I left my hiking shoes behind - this wasn't an accident - I want an excuse to return, soon!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had the most wonderful stay with Libby. The house itself is incredible - open fireplaces, paintings and period furniture. The room we stayed in was very well kept with a huge and very comfortable bed. Libby is a charming host and an incredible baker too. We were greeted upon arrival with freshly baked cakes and tea. And the three course breakfast was amazing too. I highly recommend Sheehy's at Springfield - you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Springfield B&B? Share your experiences!