“Back again and still Happy”
Review of Delhi Darbar

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Back again and still Happy”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Not many places you can have starters, main course, tea coffee and a bottle of wine including tip for €60:00. My wife and I were there on Saturday night, we had booked in advance and although we were running a bit late we were ushered to our seats staright away. The restaurant was quite busy and our waitress kept apologising for the delays between courses, but we were enjoying our food so much we did not notice. I had the Sweet Chilli Chicken and my wife had the Chicken Laal, bothe were excellent. We shared the Kebab mix for the starter and this was a meal in itself. Overall we had a great time and I would reccomend a visit, for good night out if you like Indian Food.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Delta8

Athlone, Ireland
“Great Indian Food”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Our party of 6 arrived early on Saturday evening without a reservation but were seated promptly.

The restaurant was quite on arrival but was very busy when we were leaving around 9pm. We got two mixed platters for starters, one vegetarian and one with meat. Both were really good and there was plenty to go around. The group ordered a selection of main courses, all of which were excellent. The portion sizes were good and the prices very reasonable. The low calorie options on the menu are also a welcome addition, for those who want to indulge a little, but not too much!

We will definitely visit Delhi Durbar again and I am looking forward to our next visit already.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Yvonne C
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice Ambience, Food and Service Ok”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This restaurant is nicely located and has very good ambience but the service is a little patchy. Waiters have trouble understanding the orders. Food is ok compared to Indian restaurants in UK. Actually I have found a huge difference between Indian Restaurants in UK and Ireland. Here the portions are very small and prices are exorbitant. I can't see why. Quality of the food is also questionable in general. I mean they use fresh ingredients and all that but authenticity is lacking. Same is applicable to this restaurant. They use same type of preparation for all their dishes, they will twist the two dishes if ordered on the same table for them to look different but the gravy for all preparations feels the same. Indian authentic food is all about difference in flavours even for the dishes which look and sound alike. This place is an ordinary eating joint. Nothing special to highlight.

• Visited June 2012
Maynooth, Ireland
“excellence hidden”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have been to Delhi Durbar very often and it is consistently excellent and worth a trip to Celbridge because this is one of the best tastes of India that I have ever come across outside of the sub-continent. The restaurant is always busy and the staff take pride in their service. The food tastes incredibly good and freshness of ingredients is evident in every bite. Staff are knowledgable about the food and are able to advise. Even the Irish, and often young, waiting staff know the menu really well. I have the impression that the owners treat their staff well because nobody here lacks motivation or interest. I understand that the chefs are Punjabi and that herbs are grown locally and that great care is used for choosing ingredients that need to be sourced.

• Visited May 2012
dublin ireland
“Excellent Indian Food”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Have been to Delhi Darbar on several occasions now and it never disappoints. Went there again last Friday and had the most delicious meal, the restaurant is beautiful and spotlessly clean with great staff. I absolutely love their new low calorie options, a great idea for us ladies who watch our weight!! Everytime I go I cannot understand that it is never full, probably a sign of the times though but if you want some decent Indian food and you live anywhere near Celbridge, go try this great place, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2012