“Very Good”

Clanard Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Athy
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great Hotel. Staff very friendly and helpfull. Great value for bed and breakfast. My only gripe as with all hotels is the price of drink. 4.40 for a pint of Guinness. 3.70 in nearby pubs. I rest my case. But as I said this is the same with all hotels in Ireland.
But this is a great hotel and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Gazza1967
Nerilie, Public Relations Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Gazza1967

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Clanard Court Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality. We strive to offer excellent customer service for all our guests to make their stay an enjoyable one.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This hotel sits a mile or so out of Athy surrounded by fields. It's easy to reach straight off the Motorway link road.

The restaurant pub food was really excellent with decorative touches such as serving the chips in a mini deep frying basket - although the fish batter was burnt black at one end suggesting the actual attention could have been better spent on the cooking rather than the display.

Breakfast is a relaxed affair in the restaurant too.

The hotel seemed very quiet when I was there with only half a dozen cars in the car park in the morning and only one couple at breakfast.

Check in staff were friendly and helpful with lots of local knowledge. Only downside was 'quiet room' translated to first one in corridor beside staircase and lift entrance - so it was past midnight before the noise of guests chatting as they headed off to bed dropped enough to allow sleep.

Room Tip: Definitely away from the lift/staircase area as the room doors bang and vibrate badly.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tig121
Nerilie, Public Relations Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Tig121

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, however am disappointed that your fish appeared to be overcooked. Had you alerted our staff at the time, we would definitely have arranged another one for your - cooked to perfection.

I apologise that the room allocated to you was not in a quiet area of the Hotel and hope that it did not disrupt your stay too much.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed two nights recently. The hotel is spotless, very well maintained and managed. The breakfast - smoked salmon and scrambled eggs - was the most deliciously freshly prepared hotel breakfasts I have had, simple, fresh, beautifully cooked and presented. This is the reason I'm writing the review! Everything else was as expected, no nasty surprises at all.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Merleyanne

Dear Merleyanne

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Clanard Court Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and especially your breakfast! We pride ourselves on serving superb food to all our guests and customers and it's great to hear that you experienced this.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at the hotel due to attending a function being held there, nice hotel, rooms great size, very clean, staff polite. Only disappointment was there was a mix up with our dinner (both of us) and were told the usual chefs were not on and the men in the kitchen couldn't cope. It was still nice meal however but just not what we ordered. Also a mistake with the breakfast but again it was nice. Little tweaks but worth a mention.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nerilie, Public Relations Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Click-Ex,

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel comfortable and friendly. However, I'm disappointed to hear about the mix up with your dining experiences and can only apologise and say that this is not the usual practice in the Hotel.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel again soon and provide the true Clanard Court dining experience.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Myself and new husband got married on the 20th december 2012. We spent 3 nights in the hotel and I can honestly say that we had the experience and throughly enjoyed our stay. Room 112 was amazing. It had a double jaccuzi bath and separate shower. The bedroom was beautiful and very spacious.
We had a meal in the restaurant on the evenings of the 19th & 21st Dec. The food was delicious. The service was suburb.
Our wedding day itself was just brilliant and extremely relaxing. We had a civil marriage so we didn't have to leave the hotel.
The day started firstly with Emma the beautician. Emma is beautiful bubbly girl. She organised the hair dresser to come the hotel for me. She didn't a fabulous and relaxing facial for me and my mother the night before the wedding and on the wedding day applied the most lovely natural make up. we were all very pleased with the results. The make up was that good we never needed a touch up all day.
The room where our service took place was so beautiful. It was lite with tea light candles. Very intimate and cosy.
The food at the wedding was delicious and from the empty plates going back into the kitchen went down very well with all our guests.
The staff were excellant and had the room reset for the dancing in a very short period of time. Bar staff were on top of their game and at no point was there ever a line at the bar.
Our whole wedding was beautiful and relaxing experience. I can't praise Claire Dunne and Mary Fennin Byrne enough for all their help and support. They really make you feel like you are the most important person to them.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of getting married. My brother has even booked his wedding into this hotel.
Trudy & Adrian

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have excellant country views
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trudymcd
Nerilie, Public Relations Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Trudy & Adrian

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Clanard Court on TripAdvisor.

We were honoured to host you and your guests for your very special day and are delighted that you had the memorable experience that you deserve on your Wedding day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel and are especially looking forward to another Wedding in your family!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Booked online for sleepover after visiting site few times. Brought 3 kids(8,4,3) from the time we arrived til we left this morning it was magical. The package which may seem expensive when booking is worth every penny. The elfs and Santa made the trip ( special mention to Holly, Twinkletoes, Dibby and Lazybones) they were excellent. Hotel very organised to cater for big groups and were brilliant . Dinner and breakfast included and very high standard. Can't wait to go nxt year. 5****

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank holidayhola
Nerilie, Public Relations Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear Lfogart

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your Santa's Magical Sleepover. We try to make the Trail and Sleepover a very special experience for children and their families. Santa and the elves are on their post Christmas holidays now, but we will be sure to pass on your comments to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel and wish you a very Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have just spent a very magical night with Santa and all the elves. My son and I arrived at three o clock and had not finished the workshop, trail including a really fab visit to the farm with Harry Hoof and Santa Visit until well after five. I thought this was very good as the only queue was a short stop at the start of the experience - something which maybe could be eradicated by giving parents a number and allowing them to wait in bar/lobby until number called. The free hot chocolate at the end was a lovely touch. After all this we then had a lovely dinner and a DVD was organised for the children to watch while parents relaxed. The next morning another visit to the farm to feed the animals. This was a great visit to what is fast becoming my favorite hotel and yes the trail is a bit cheesy but the children loved it and I have to admit that I had great fun as well especially out at the farm due in no small part to the really friendly and welcoming approach taken by all the staff. There seems to be nothing that is too much trouble in fact when they heard that my husband was not joining us due to sickness they could not have done more to ensure I had everything I needed. My only small grip is that when I went to look for a dropped toy under the bed it was not the cleanest however nothing worse than you would find under my own.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear bubblesnco

I'm thrilled to hear you had such a great stay - and even more so that we are one of your favourite Hotels! Christmas is a very special time of year at the Hotel and we try to make it a very magical experience for the children - with lots of help from the elves of course.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon. Have a very safe and happy New Year.

PR & Marketing

Also consider these accommodations in or near Athy
The Keadeen Hotel
Osprey Hotel
Osprey Hotel
#3 of 5 in Naas
Maudlins House Hotel

Been to Clanard Court Hotel? Share your experiences!