“Convenient Location for Traveling to the Aran islands”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spiddal
Cloch na Scith Thatched Cottage
Ranked #1 of 14 Spiddal B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Cloch Na Scith is very conveniently situated for traveling to the Aran Islands. The house itself is charming. Nancy is very friendly & pleasant host: if you aren't too pressed for time, this is a good place to stay. The food was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Schirato

Reviewed May 10, 2011

We planned to stay one night at Cloch na Scith and wish we had allowed for more time. We were greeted with tea and cake and seated next to a peat fire. Having driven for most of the day, the warmth of the fire and homemade sweets were delightful.

Rooms were bright and clean with comfortable beds. The dinner recommendation we received was wonderful and the B&B's location next to a beach access point was also a great surprise. We were encouraged to make ourselves at home and the fire was kept roaring to keep out the evening chill.

Breakfast was made to order and simply amazing!! I would recommend this B&B to anyone and will be staying there again next time I'm in the Galway area.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank eden332
Reviewed March 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed here last weekend for two nights and we loved it. It was so lovely to arrive and have the turf fire lit and Nancy had some apple tart waiting for us (which was delicious!!!). Our room was so pretty and perfectly decorated in cottage style but with a modern touch. The bed was a bit squeeky but it added to the effect. Breakfast was AMAZING!!!A selection of cereals, homemade breads, homemade scones, delicious Irish breakfast, a lovely omellette, everything was gorgeous. In the evenings Nancy served us a hot port in the living room and that for me was the ultimate personal touch. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dindalady
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Stayed here for one night during a research trip for a film project. Nancy and her husband are really nice and hospitable. Due to some work being done on the B&B rooms, we got to stay in the cottage for the same price as a room. It was beautiful and really comfortable, they have done a complete renovation to an old family building. I would definitely stay here again, and it's one of the few places west of Galway open during the off-season. A little outside of the main drag of the village (about a mile away), but that gives for a nice walk or bike ride into town.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank alchea
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I arrived with a migraine and the landlady took wonderful care of us. The breakfast was the tastiest I've ever had. I want to return.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen K
Reviewed August 3, 2010

The Thatched Cottage was more than I expected. I really wanted to experience a turf fire and see how bread was made on the fire. I was able to do that and much more. The hospitality was exceptional. The room we stayed in was very nicely decorated, comfortable, with bathroom, overlooking the Aran Islands and peaceful. Seeing the ocean each time we came to the room was a bonus.

It was the first time my 83 yr. old mother had been to Ireland and she felt at home at this B and B. We had wonderful breakfasts, tea whenever we wanted and the proprietor was available when needed for questions and help. I had planned a two night stay and we ended up staying five nights. We walked to Spiddal (about a mile) and there were many walking routes available on request. We were able to catch the bus right outside the B and B and when we rented a car, there was plenty of parking available for us.

Everything about the Cottage felt authentic. The hospitality felt authentic and the food was marvelous. I loved see the Irish setter out on the property, the goats and ducks and the rocks meeting up with the ocean. When I return to do some hiking on the Connemara, I will return to the Cloch Na Scith to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank M M
Reviewed June 12, 2010

Just returned from a week staying in the self catering cottage and had a wonderful time.
it was just gorgeous! It had loads of character and felt really authentic (it reminded me of staying in my grannies thatched cottage when i was little!) but had the benefit of all the modern conveniences (decent oven, fridge, microwave, lovely furnishings, ensuite in the main bedroom, lovely sunroom and outside private decking area).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family