“Snoring 10pm until dawn!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spiddal
Ardmor Country House Spiddal
Ranked #2 of 14 Spiddal B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Good location for a visit to Spiddal (walking distance) or if you are visiting children in the Gaeltacht. Breakfast was very nice and lovely fresh bread. However, sleeping quality was nil. I would rate it as a 0/10 on my sleeping quality scale. From when I went to bed at 10pm (after a long journey) until just after dawn the snoring of one individual in the rooms above our room was unbelievable. Rooms are downstairs but access is directly from the car park at the rear of the house. The proprietors seemed tired of the business?

Room Tip: Ware earplugs! There is little sound proofing.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FailteEire

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Vera was very nice upon arrival, showed us our rooms which were very clean. The beds were comfortable and the shower area newer but sink is a little dated. She had wash cloths and soap amenities. It was our first night in Ireland so we asked for a recommendation of where to eat in town (approx. 5 min. drive). In the morning Vera gave us directions on our map as to the route to make use of our day there. It was excellent advice. Breakfast was good and we enjoyed the delicious apple tart the one morning. Her daughter helped to serve the food and coffee came out promptly. Great garden surrounding the property. Only problems were the one night the people arriving on the floor above us were extremely noisy and woke us up but can't fault Vera for rudeness in guests. If exploring Connemara area this is a great place to stay. Beware if trying to find on gps it gives you the wrong place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2011

What an incredible place! Perfectly clean rooms, amazing views, and incredible breakfast are all great but Vera and Bartley are what makes this place worth a visit. Very friendly and always striving to make all of their guests happy. This is the most courteous place my wife and I have ever stayed and will be back to stay again. You will not be disappointed in Ardmor country house! By the way they also serve the best breakfast in Ireland!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My wife, granddaughter and I stayed at the Ardmor Country House for 2 days earlier this month. My wife and I had stayed with Vera & Bartley a couple of years ago and any time I'm anywhere around the Galway area, I will always stay at the Ardmor Country House. The hosts are wonderful people and do anything to make their guests stay pleasant and memorable. You will not find any hosts or accommodations any better than what you find at the Ardmor Country House.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Beautiful House and gardens with great view of the sea from back of the house, huge varanda with plenty of seating areas and swings for the kids. Unforunately, it was raining most of the time. The bedroom was very comfortable, with everything you need. The shower wasnt very powerful. The was a communial lounge area, really spacious, a library with loads of books on Ireland. Breakfast was fantasic, we had our three year old with us and Vera couldnt have been any more obliging. The location was brilliant. Walking distance from the town of spiddal. Short drive to Salthill and Galway city and not far from the ferry to the Aran Islands. We will definately be staying again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the house
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Our four day stay enable to us visit Aran Islands and explore the Galway area. The B&B cannot be praised renough. From a great welcome, a very comfortable room, fabulous breakfasts, and a most charming host. We would return again and again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Nicely situated (quiet) outside of Spiddal but a very close walk - very affordable. We were put in a room with a very nice view of the property and surrounding properties. There is nothing very unique or outstanding about the room but it was clean and comfortable. Vera recommended a lovely walk along the seashore arriving at the harbor behind the town - we really enjoyed that. We had a wonderful meal in town and walked back - very easy walk. Outstanding breakfast - the baked goods were probably the best we tasted in Ireland. The only negative is that I did find the owners to be somewhat unfriendly. We stayed at 7 B&Bs on our Ireland trip and so many of the others there was just a very gracious welcoming feeling that I had which made me often not want to leave. I didn't have that experience at Ardmor so i guess my review is a bit mixed.

• Stayed: April 2011