“Very disappointed”

Add it.
Peppino's
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We often eat at the other pizzeria in Spiddal, but decided we had to try this place out, for a change and to give it a chance.

To put it simply, we never went back.

The service was terrible. The owner or manager kept giving out to the waitress, and she kept defending herself, answering back to the manager.

The food was overpriced. I think it was €14.50 for a seafood pizza which consisted of a medium sized pizza with 2 pieces of fake frozen crab, 1 prawn, and a mussel or 2.
Never again, thanks!

3  Thank morrel2

Reviewed October 19, 2012

No complains about staff and place; but food... We asked for bruschette (hot toasted bread with little tomatoes pieces): we get cold bread with tomatoes and something similar to pesto cream. Pasta was just edible. First and last visit.

2  Thank antopel
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Decent service but average food. No big complaints the food just could've been better, very stingey on sauces (so dissappointing when having pasta), and dessert nothing special, had panna cotta and left some after me, a first for me! I live further west then this and would make the extra 20 minute trip into town next time for a good Italian meal before I'd go here again (Da Roberta's in Salthill is in a whole different league, and prices are roughly the same). I imagine this place will close in a year or two, the food's just not up to standard, and the value for money is just not on (Lower your prices or improve the standard of the food!).

1  Thank Elaine24
Reviewed August 23, 2012

and very accomodating when we popped up with three kids. Out of our 3 nights in Spiddal, we went to Peppinos for the food and the staff!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I wouldn't say the food was "excellent," but it's certainly worthy of four (out of five) stars. Service was reasonably good. I had pasta, and my wife had gnocchi (which she loved). We've eaten at several goo restaurants in Italy, and this would stack up with many of them. Not the best, but certainly worthy of an occasional visit when in Spiddal.

As far as the reviewer here who was unhappy with the portion size of the fish and chips, I don't even think fish and chips is on the menu here. And even if it is, why would you order fish and chips at an Italian restaurant?? That would be like expecting great pasta all carbonara at a chipper! I'd disregard that review.