“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Waitstaff
Galway
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Decent service but average food. No big complaints the food just could've been better, very stingey on sauces (so dissappointing when having pasta), and dessert nothing special, had panna cotta and left some after me, a first for me! I live further west then this and would make the extra 20 minute trip into town next time for a good Italian meal before I'd go here again (Da Roberta's in Salthill is in a whole different league, and prices are roughly the same). I imagine this place will close in a year or two, the food's just not up to standard, and the value for money is just not on (Lower your prices or improve the standard of the food!).

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Elaine24

Grenoble, France
“excellent pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

and very accomodating when we popped up with three kids. Out of our 3 nights in Spiddal, we went to Peppinos for the food and the staff!

Visited August 2012
Galway, Ireland
“Not Excellent, but Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I wouldn't say the food was "excellent," but it's certainly worthy of four (out of five) stars. Service was reasonably good. I had pasta, and my wife had gnocchi (which she loved). We've eaten at several goo restaurants in Italy, and this would stack up with many of them. Not the best, but certainly worthy of an occasional visit when in Spiddal.

As far as the reviewer here who was unhappy with the portion size of the fish and chips, I don't even think fish and chips is on the menu here. And even if it is, why would you order fish and chips at an Italian restaurant?? That would be like expecting great pasta all carbonara at a chipper! I'd disregard that review.

• Visited August 2012
Killenard, Laois, Ireland
“A really nice surprise! Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were betwixt and between on whether or not to enter Peppino's. One or two of us liked the look of the place from the outside (cheerful yellow Georgian railings and internal shutters) but others did not. Upon reading the menu they changed their minds and we all agreed to dine here. So happy we did and we will be back! We were a group of six (including two teenagers) with different requests made off the menu as we included some fussy eaters (even one unbelievably particular Grandad whose been to Italy a few times and did not like Italian food but after tasting food here loved their fresh calamari and desserts) and they were all met with a genuine smile and helpfulness. Everything arrived fresh, hot, together and very quickly. It was a delicious meal with no complaints from any of us (which is very rare). One dish requested was a plain penne pasta with garlic bread on the side for a very fussy plain food twelve year old eater. He told me it was better than the pasta we've had in Italy and not believing him I tasted it and couldn't believe the flavour and freshness from just a plain pasta dish. The seafood and specials were delicious. The desserts and ice cream were delicious. The coffee was perfect and loved listening to the waitresses talk in Irish and English with customers. Next we will all converse in tri-lingual plus in Italian to do the food justice. Well done everyone and sincerely my compliments to the the chef and the hard working staff at Peppino's .

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
galway
“Poor response to complaint”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Had fish and chips but portion of fish of child portion size. On complaining gave unhelpful response with no reduced cost or bigger portion. Most other decent restaurants in Gslway would have been more helpful. Avoid

3 Thank namrod