“Great food, Great ambiance. A little gem in Kinvara.”
Review of The Tide Full Inn - CLOSED

The Tide Full Inn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Galway, Ireland
“Great food, Great ambiance. A little gem in Kinvara.”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

It was a festival weekend in Kinvara and we hadn't booked. We went in rather in hope than any real expectation of getting seated on a Friday evening. Luckily others must have thought the same and we got a table for two. There was also a table for three which they gave us first but politely asked us to swap. We didn't mind a bit and were moved to a cosier table. I've eaten here during the day and with my kids. Mostly wonderful hot chocolate and treats. This meal proved to be very special indeed. Starters we ordered, olives and bread for me and mussels for Clare. Bread and olives sounds like something you can't get wrong. But often it's terrible. Not here. The olive oil that came with them was amazing. I bought a bottle when I was leaving. It had no name. It's extra virgin from his Italian family farm. It needs no name at all. Brilliant. Mussels were lots and very tasty. Mains were a very large piece of sea trout and lamb cutlets. Both were cooked wonderfully. Simply done allowing lots of natural flavour. A balsamic reduction over the cutlets was excellent. We shared a meringue dessert. I had an americano which was very good but had a watery creama. How bad! This was a great meal and including a half litre of oil to take away and some drinks and a tip came in at under €70. I'll be back. I'll also book. This place deserves to be packed.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Buachailldana2

Galway, Ireland
“Authentic Italian food in Kinvara”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Want to keep this restaurant a secret but just can't! Last visit a few weeks back andoive to say its as good as ever. We got the starter platter between us, definitely plenty for 3 of us. We then had various dishes, pasta, pizza and meat mains. All were just wonderful and the service was faultless. It is great value and there s a lovely feel to the place. The only thing i would mask it down on is the lighting which is a bit bright. Don't miss it if ur in this meal of the woods.

• Visited April 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food, slow service and odd behavior from staff”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The food is excellent, really good pizza but it does take an absolute age to arrive.
I would recommend you ring ahead and use the take away option, service is way too slow and some of the staff like to argue amongst themselves rather than serve you.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Gavin S
“Atrocious service”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Staff rude beyond belief. Proprietor's carry on as if you're intruding. The waiter was dour and unhelpful. I live in the area and have been to this place many times as the food is lovely. Because of the consistent poor service I won't be back.

3 Thank Liz O
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Fantastic Pizza”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Fantastic authentic italian pizza - we eat here often on Friday's as a weekend treat. The 'sicilia' italian sausage is great, their pizzas are really tasty - sometimes there is variation in how they are cooked; on an off day the base can be a little undercooked but I guess everyone can have an off day. The other main courses are also excellent - the lamb cutlets are so good and the fish is very tasty - it is a crying shame though that they have recently stopped descaling their fish; I know not everyone eats the skin, but it is the tastiest part especially they way they cook it in this restaurant. They always have a great selection of wine too, with weekly specials. Great value, great atmosphere, gem of place in Kinvarra!

• Visited March 2013