“I want to be there now!”

Keogh's of Kinvara Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Soups, Seafood, European
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A traditional Irish pub with an excellent pint of Guinness,large selection of beers, fresh daily seafood, e.G. Mussels, oysters, seafood platter, fresh battered cod and chips, sizzling fajitas, steaks and much more, all our food is prepared freshly.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I want to be there now!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Have to say it was one of the best times I've ever had in a bar/restaurant - you won't go wrong if you stop here for a drink or a meal as you'll love it and like me will want to return asap. Staff are fantastic, food perfect, atmosphere uplifting, music entertaining; toilets clean and bright - what more do you want. Keoghs has everything and Padraig, the Chef and all the staff deserve credit for creating a superb bar/restaurant. If you're in Kinvara you really need to go to Keoghs.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank MissFrance1

“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Had our second meal there in two weeks.

Excellent food and service. Would definitely recommend this as a place to eat.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Obrolchains
“We found a gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

We found a gem in Kinvara when we popped into keoghs for "one"as part of the cuckoo festival. We had some really good Guinness served by a very friendly and chatty bar person, she also gave us a beer to taste as we couldn't make up our minds! Although our original plan did not include food, we ended up having some of the best food that either of us have had in a country pub. Delicious salad of prawns and chizro. Prawns in such circumstances are often over cooked and watery, no so here, they were the right texture and succulent. The sauce with the chicken wings was to die for, and it would be difficult to find a pork belly as good as this one. I think the chef is French.... Viva la France!! In an effort to give a balanced review I am trying to think of some negative but none comes to mind. Oh I forgot to say, not only are the staff chatty and friendly they are all very good looking!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Millerdog
Maple Glen
“Spectacular food & atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Recently traveled to Ireland with family and friends and Keogh's absolutely made our trip! I had been told that the food in Ireland was "lousy" - DON'T believe it! We dined several times at Keogh's and each meal was spectacular - absolutely perfect for a self-entitled "foodie".

Padraig & Stella were wonderful owners and hosts - if I ever return to Clare County, a visit to Keogh's will be at the top of the list.

• Visited March 2014
Cork, Ireland
“Great Bar & Restaurant in Kinvara”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Myself and my partner had a lovely few days in Kinvara lately and I cant talk highly enough of Keoghs Bar & Restaurant. Great food, lovely staff, owner Padraig made us feel really at home.
Had the seafood chowder and it was fab, my partner had Salmon and Prawns on brown bread and this was also delicious. Had 2 lovely meals at Keoghs and we are planning another trip back soon.

• Visited April 2014