“Heaven on earth !!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kinvara
Burren Yoga Retreats
Birr, Ireland
“Heaven on earth !!”
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Just go, with an open mind and you will love it. An amazing stress busting weekend. Tadhg gives 150% and is great company too. The setting is to die for so is the food. I had no previous experience of yoga but loved every minute of it. Weekend not long enough, would have loved a week but its a good start. Congrats to Dave and staff on creating an oasis of tranquility. Highly recommended and the Burren is magic. Great tips on how to continue on with yoga and meditation at home. Bhí sé ar feabhas.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Dublin
Reviewed November 24, 2010

I went to the Burren Yoga Centre for a weekend in Nov and loved it. Tadgh was our (brilliant) Yoga Teacher. It is a credit to Dave and all those that work there. It is called Lig do Sciath (Take your ease) and that is the perfect name for a unique peaceful place - I met a lovely friendly group of people who were great fun and with whom I shared some great laughs, enjoyed the yoga, the meditation the walks in the beautiful landscape and of course Paddi's legendary cooking. I feel very happy and relaxed after being there and would love to go back some day.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I attended the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre for Greg Walsh's recent Iyengar weekend. Coming from a Vinyasa and Ashtanga background, I was intent on experiencing Iyengar, as I felt that it would compliment my practice somewhat. Between Dave's warm welcome and Greg's amazing approach to the teaching of Iyengar yoga, I found the weekend to be both extremely enjoyable and inspiring and I came away with the sense that my practice had been re-invigorated. It was an oasis of peace and quietness in a world gone mad!!! Needless to day, Paddi's cooking was amazing, we were spoiled for choice the whole weekend! I hope to return to the Centre in the near future!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Haugesund, Norway
Reviewed October 24, 2010

I truly had such an amazing experience when I was at the Burren yoga centre a couple of years ago. I have missed it ever since and finally booked myself in for another week long retreat. I have been to other retreats, but the Burren yoga centre has by far exceeded everything else. The quality of the teaching is profound and very special. Staff are also great and are genuinely interested in getting to know the group. If one is interested, wonderful outdoor trips/ excursions are offered every day. I also appreciated the fact that one's need to be quiet was respected at any given time too. There are no mobile phones or laptops, which provides a lovely and (for me) much needed break. I loved the food too. The Burren Yoga Centre is just an amazing retreat. I can't wait to be back.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Have recently returned from a week long visit to the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre- I had heard about the centre through a friend - Tadhg Ferriter was our Yoga (Satyanda) Instructor for the duration of our stay. He is such a lovely, easy going guy who made each and everyone of us fit in- regardless of your prior knowledge of yoga.
The setting,the peace, the beauty and tranquility of the centre would have to be experienced to be believed - I am already looking forward to my next visit -
With fond memories x

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Although I do some yoga classes during the week, I was amazed by what I had signed up for when attending Tadhg Ferriter's yoga. I was expecting a calm, relaxing place, meeting lovely people and having a great time. And I got all that and more. One week at the Burren Yoga & Meditation Centre is so unbelievable calming, eye-opening and helpful that I am looking forward to go back again soon. After returning back to work my colleagues told me how relaxed and comfortable I looked and I only can say that is exactly what I felt. More content than I can remember for a very long time.
Oh, and did I talk about the food yet? Vegetarian - although I am not - the food was so good that I haven't been back to eating meat since a month and still trying new recipes from Paddy's (the cook) cookbook.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Scarriff, Ireland
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I attended a week-long workshop/retreat with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, wishing to get some space in a friendly environment and learn more deeper aspects of Yoga.
I had a very energizing, heart-warming time:
Our instructor, Uma, is an excellent teacher: full of humour and inspiration, she is well able to cater for a diversity of experience, ages and ability in her classes and made everybody comfortable. Her sessions certainly helped me to connect to parts of myself I have neglected for too long, as well as providing a good workout for muscles and lungs.
The Burren Yoga Centre, run by Dave, is a lovely space to chill out and have a comfy, warm retreat space: whilst essentially providing a more hostel-type accommodation, a lot of effort and thought have gone into making it a comfortable one. The beds/mattresses are of very high quality, as are bed linen and towels. With lots of individual features, bespoke wooden furniture, soft colours and comfortable spaces to chill out and relax, I felt very much at home at this centre.
Dave is a very attentive host, ensuring all guests feel as happy and relaxed as possible, whilst not intruding on group processes.
However, he is very approachable and takes time to get to know workshop participants, especially during the walks and outings.
He is an accomplished guide, too and led us to many beautiful, powerful spots that even to me, who has been to the Burren a few times, were new and definitely worthwhile revisiting.
The Yoga studio is a lovely space, with numerous professional props and a warm atmosphere. The underfloor heating makes the morning practice comfortable. Looking into the garden and onto the typical Hazel shrubs, etc. soothes the eye.
The centre is located close to Kinvara but on a quiet side road, the stars at night are something to look out for as the air quality is very good and light pollution scarce. If I was coming straight from a more urban place, this place is an oasis of tranquillity and I can really recommend it for anybody looking for some peace and quietness at night.
The fact that the centre is close to the sea and the hills of the Burren makes this a very elemental experience, as the guided walks help to ground oneself, especially if there is a lot of inner processing going on.

All in all, I hope to return again in the near future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinvara
Vaughan Lodge
#1 of 17 in Ballyvaughan
Oranhill Lodge
Oranhill Lodge
#1 of 11 in Oranmore

Been to Burren Yoga Retreats? Share your experiences!