“The Burren Yoga & Meditation Centre - Yoga Holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kinvara
Burren Yoga Retreats
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I spent the first week of August at a Yoga & Meditation Retreat at The Burren Yoga & Meditation Centre for a yoga holiday. It was an amazing week of total goodness & yummyness! The quality of teaching was exceptional, the food outstanding, the local trips invigorating & fun, the accommodation was full of homeliness & comforts & the Centre attracts beautiful & like-minded people. I feel completely rejuvenated & inspired after & am ready for whatever curve balls come my way ;-). Looking forward to the next one already!

Room Tip: The accommodation is basic, just a few single rooms & mainly shared rooms. Very thick & com...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I was thinking of doing a week of yoga in my own country the Netherlands. But then as my daughter went on a holiday with her father I took my chance and packed for Ireland. A holiday on my own but I was not alone. Because I met so many nice people. It was more then a great experience and the food was briljant. So I can advice you to go there and have the best time ever

Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Karin Z
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I went to Burren yoga retreat in January ... It was on my to do things for a good while, but took up a bit of courage to do it.. All d worries were as it proved irrelevant ... I didn't have to worry... It's a magical place that brings up the best out of everybody.. I loved karma yoga.. Washing dishes and getting people to know, sharing great stories , did made me forgot all about my worries...
Place without TV , just you and time for You... How special it is these days!!! And d outings and David's great knowledge of the surroundings... Thank you David for everything ... Nearly forgot to mention d great food and great yoga practice with Michael Ryan, so gentle , so inspiring , his words, his poetry, meditations, chanting...Really can't wait to come back... I'm very great full for this experience
Lucia

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 9, 2014

What a refreshing week at the Burren. The days absolutely flew in, and plenty to experience and do. The natural beauty of the area is truly remarkable, and having Dave's knowledgable guidance on the varied outings is a fantastic addition. Paddi's cooking is abundant and amazing, and she catered beautifully for people in the group with special requirements. Plenty of nice teas on offer any time. The dorm beds were solid, comfortable and clean, and it was fun getting to know my roomates over the course of the week. On the bottom bunks you can sit upright without worry of hitting your head, which is nice. (I didn't try out the top). Bathrooms large and clean, and the whole of the centre has a lovely feel about it. No, it's not a 5 star hotel, but it's not supposed to be. It's a place we we can come together and be. Quiet or talkative as desired. Alone or in groups. I was on Uma Dinsmore Tuli's week, and she is such an inspiring and authentic teacher and woman. I am so glad I went, and hope to be back again soon. Thank you Dave, Uma, Paddi, and the women who shared the week with me.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank CJCNA
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I recently spent a week at the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre and it was just what the doctor ordered. I wondered would I be able to fill my days without the normal distractions of phone, computer, tv etc but I shouldn't have worried - the time flew by in the most delightful way. Yoga and meditation with the delightful Kevin Taplin was a fabulous start to the day - such a patient and approachable teacher, full of humour and compassion and a great role model. He coached each and every one of us with individual care, making sure we got the best from our practice and for that I thank him from the bottom of my heart. The delicious organic breakfast (with home made bread no less) kicked off a day of gastronomic delight! We generally ate out on our daily excursions to the Burren in one of the many great local restaurants, but what a treat to know you were coming home to a delicious home cooked meal, lovingly prepared by Paddi, the awesome chef. It's the most lovely part of the world and we were blessed with wonderful weather which meant that twice we were able to do our afternoon yoga class stretched out on the warm limestone rocks on the beach - yoga with a view indeed! Each day was rounded off with a delightful yoga nidra session after which I would stagger off to my comfy bed for the best night's sleep I've had in ages. The quietness of the place is such a welcome change from the hectic nature of life in London and I returned so very refreshed. I was a little anxious that I was a solo traveler but I needn't have worried, our group was so friendly and supportive and I enjoyed every minute - in many respects we became a little family for the week we were there. Dave has created a sweet sanctuary in the Burren and I urge you to go if you want to relax, unwind and enjoy some first class yoga practice. And if that isn't enough to tempt you, the scenery is awesome! Oops I nearly forgot - I surfed in the Atlantic with 2 of my new friends, what a blast!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank lindamatey
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was my first yoga retreat and I didn't really know what to expect.But I have to say it was a wonderful experience.
To spend a week with some really lovely people away from phones,emails and all the usual 9-5 stuff.
David Muesham has brought a new light to my yoga practice,bring it back to a very natural place.
The Burren centre is comfortable and has a very homely feel and loads of thanks have to go to Paddi and Riona for their food,as a non veggie,that's high praise;-)

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Michael F
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I spent a wonderful week on a meditation and yoga retreat at the Burren meditation and yoga centre in Kinvara. As a beginner with lots of physical limitations David Muesham's caring teaching encouraged and helped me. Paddi and Riona's food was superb. David's outings allowed us enjoy the unique Burren countryside as well as some great restaurants. Outdoor meditation and yoga was particularly memorable. I couldn't have asked for a nicer bunch of companions than the other participants. It was a great holiday, good fun and left me felling refreshed and healthy. It was my first time there but won't be my last!

• Stayed: July 2014