“Great Experience at Easter”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kinvara
Burren Yoga Retreats
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Great Experience at Easter”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I went along to the Easter Yoga retreat at the Burren Yoga Centre not really knowing what to expect and a bit nervous as hadn't done very much yoga previously. But I needn't have worried because it was a great experience. There is a lovely atmosphere from the minute you arrive, the vegetarian food is amazing, the day trips were great and catered for all levels of fitness and the yoga gods must have been shining on us as the weather was terrific - Dave cant guarantee that on every trip I'm sure !! Most of the group were travelling solo but we all got on straight away and had some great laughs. Our yoga instructor David Muehsam was amazing, catering for all levels and judging the group perfectly for when we needed a break or were too giddy for anything serious for a while. He provided me a great introduction to meditation which I'm trying to keep up and based on the week I'll definitely be doing more yoga. So overall would definitely recommend it and I'll hopefully be back

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed May 7, 2014

From the get go, one word sums it up 'Awesome' . This was my first ever retreat and I was a little apprehensive but I need not have worried as the warm welcome from Dave was instantly settling, making sure that I had the full tour of the centre and introduction to all participants checking in. The dorm accommodation was very comfortable and spotlessly clean throughout. The yoga and meditation was a wonderful experience and all levels were catered for and Lisa Petersen was wonderful and great fun. The food was exceptional and made with such love and joy for food. Dave and Paddi were so warm and friendly and had time for chats even though they were busy with their daily duties etc. The open kitchen for tea was great. I met such lovely people on the retreat, so honest, inspiring and amazing. The centre was like home from home, very comfortable and holds a very special atmosphere. Such a very special place. So 'awesome' would sum up my experience!!! :-)

Room Tip: I shared a dorm and am so glad that I did as it allowed me to get to know people a little better. Th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I had a winter yoga retreat with LOU HORGAN at the Burren Yoga Centre. It was fantastic, she is an incredible person and teacher. Her classes were challenging and invigorating and she has a very practical approach to her teaching and practise. The food was fantastic and the company uplifting. It was my first weekend retreat and I loved it, I was like a new person going home!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I cannot recommend The Burren Yoga Centre highly enough! It's the best thing I have ever done and I feel so lucky to have had such an experience. I didn't know what to expect but I had nothing to worry about. Most other people came alone and so everyone was very friendly and the group got on so well together, we had so many laughs!
David Muehsam was doing the week long course and he was inspirational and gave a great introduction to meditation and making it accessible to our daily lives. I was worried that I wouldn't be fit enough for the yoga but David's classes suited all levels.
The centre itself is a very special place and has a lovely atmosphere. The beds are very cosy and the rooms and bathrooms are spotlessly clean. The vegetarian food is amazing and I have continued not eating meat as my eyes have been opened up to the delights of vegetarian food.
Dave organises very special and unique day trips every day as he knows the area so well, I never would have found most of the places by myself.
I've come back feeling re-charged and ready to take on the world, if you are looking for a real break and somewhere to de-stress, this is the place to do it, you won't regret it :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Sutton
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I went to the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre knowing that I needed a restful and re-energising break - that is exactly what I got. I had a fabulous time and the great comments I had read from previous visitors were spot on. Dave has developed a wonderful centre which provides amazing vegetarian food and a beautiful space to reflect and explore (including his most enjoyable tours of the area). Our course tutor, David, helped me develop my yoga practice and was available throughout the course to answer any questions or help with any queries. To top it all, I was blessed to be among a lovely, friendly group of like minded people with whom I found I could be quiet with or chat and also have a good laugh. Thank you Dave and as the saying goes.. 'I will be back'. Best wishes, Fiona

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I spent a long weekend in the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre in May 2013, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and booked in this year for a week-long retreat over Easter. Beforehand, I wondered if a week might be too long but I needn't have. The mix of meditation, yoga, outdoor activities, good food, and rest was just right, and I came away feeling completely relaxed and refreshed. The instructor David Muehsam was excellent and the group gelled really well from the outset. This is a special place - I know I'll continue returning when I feel the need to recharge my batteries.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Fantastic yoga retreat in the West of Ireland. Cannot recommend it highly enough. Vegetarian food was nutritious and delicious, yoga instruction was excellent allowing me to deepen my practice. Very relaxing environment, fantastic trip for any budding yogi or even someone just looking to 'get away from it all'. Thanks to Dave and his team, we all loved our Yoga Instructor Kevin, he was excellent.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinvara
Vaughan Lodge
#1 of 16 in Ballyvaughan
Oranhill Lodge
Oranhill Lodge
#1 of 9 in Oranmore

Been to Burren Yoga Retreats? Share your experiences!