“Awesome”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kinvara
Burren Yoga Retreats
Reviewed April 18, 2011

The Burren yoga centre is absolutely first class. Comfortable accommodation, excellent teachers, wonderful host and superb vegetarian food. Add into the mix the fact that it is in one of the most beautiful places in the world, the Burren, and that exploring the area with a knowledgeable local guide is built into the weekend and you have a unique yoga experience.

Room Tip: Go there!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Burren Yoga Retreats

Reviewed April 8, 2011

Whether you are an enlightened yogi or have never set foot on a yoga mat, a stay at the Burren Yoga Centre will stay with you long after your weekend is over. Before I got there I was a bit intimidated as I was only getting back into practicing yoga after a long break and wasn’t sure how flexible I would be! I was also slightly nervous at being on my own and not knowing anyone, but any fears disappeared within a few minutes of walking through the door. It has a really relaxing atmosphere and Dave, the owner, was so welcoming and attentive. The food cooked by the amazing Patti was really delicious, and showed me that vegetarian food doesn’t have to be boring! But the best thing was meeting such a diverse group of people who were all there on their own, and were all so open and friendly. Some had practiced yoga for years, whereas others were just starting out. So whether you struggle to figure out your down-dog from your up-dog, or simply want a relaxing weekend away from it all – with some great excursions such as walking in the Burren – this is definitely the place to check out.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2011

my weekend at the yoga centre to sum it up was truly amazing. the location, the centre, the kitchen, the food and the people, the atmosphere and the yoga and meditation was all super. I very much enjoyed this experience and would recommend it to anyone who loves yoga no matter what stage you re at and is looking for a re energizing spiritualizing weekend away. :)
Truly Amazing :)

tanja

Reviewed February 21, 2011

It was great to return to the Burren Yoga Centre, the initial visit had been back in January 2004 and I had always kept fond memories of the place. Once again I found the same sense of wild tranquility and a very cosy environment at the centre. I managed to complete my mission of re-establishing my meditation practice with the help of a wonderful Satyananda teacher Tadhg. The vegetarian food is delicious made by Paddy and Dave the centre owner keeps everything moving with ease and comfort. We also got out to see some of the lovely countryside and sea nearby.

1  Thank SJRMay
BurrenYoga, Owner at Burren Yoga Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2011

From: Dave Brocklebank <dave@burrenyoga.com>
To: Sarah-Jane
Sent: Fri, 25 February, 2011 23:30:13
Subject: RE: Some nice photos of the weekend here at the Burren Yoga Centre
Dear Sarah Jane,
Thank you for putting up that really positive review on Tripadvisor.

I always try to improve the centre in whatever way I can, so could you let me know in what way I could improve the cleanliness of the centre? Which parts did you find not so clean?

When you let me know this, I can then put in whatever additional work is needed to improve the standard in this area.

Best Wishes,
Dave

From: Sarah-Jane
Sent: 26 February 2011 10:58
To: Dave Brocklebank
Subject: Re: Some nice photos of the weekend here at the Burren Yoga Centre

Dear Dave,
You are most welcome about the review, it's good to do this.

As far as cleanliness goes the only thing I noticed was the floors could have been a bit cleaner.

As I was not wearing slippers I noticed my socks got this funny yellow stain on them so maybe that was from the yoga floor or kitchen floor, not sure.

Perhaps you could have a dust pan and bush hanging up beside the front door so people can also just clear up the mud when they walk into the front and take their shoes off. If I think of anything else, I will let you know.

Best wishes,
Sarah-Jane

On 26 Feb 2011, at 12:31, "Dave Brocklebank" <dave@burrenyoga.com> wrote:
Dear Sarah Jane,
Apologies there was a little oil with curry power spilled in the kitchen that weekend, and Paddi did not have the chance to wash the floor immediately.

So when you walked into the kitchen you must have got some on your socks as we don’t wear shoes inside the house.

We try to have the whole centre extremely clean, so apologies about that on the weekend you were here.

That’s a great idea to leave a pan and brush beside where people take off their shoes when they come into the centre.

I will add this email to your review in case people think the yoga centre is not clean when you only rated it 3 out of 5 for cleanliness.

Best Wishes,
Dave

From: Sarah-Jane
Sent: 27 February 2011 12:28
To: Dave Brocklebank
Dear Dave,

Good to know the story behind the sock episode. Glad you like my dustpan and brush idea, it's always helpful to have one at hand.

All the best with love and best wishes,

Sarah-Jane

Reviewed February 15, 2011

Absolutely wonderful. This is a fantastic place to take a break from it all and reinvigorate. It's in the breathtaking Burren countryside with plenty to see in the area and Kinvara is close by. The centre itself is bright, clean and comfortable with an excellent, light-filled, airy yoga space. Food is very good and plentiful. The teacher (Tahnee Fournier) was wonderful as were the other guests. It was great fun and felt much longer than a couple of days. This was my first trip and I can't wait to get back. If you enjoy yoga and the outdoors you will love this place.

Reviewed February 15, 2011

I stayed in the Burren Yoga Centre for a weekend of yoga with Tahnee Fournier from February 11th to 13th. This was my second weekend at the centre and I coudn't wait to go back. I went into the weekend recovering from illness and having had a stressful few weeks but after 3 days there I left feeling full of energy and totally revitalised, The centre is in the most beautiful, quiet setting in the Burren and the house itself is warm and relaxing with lovely reading areas upstairs and a warm, welcoming kitchen. The bedroom I had was comfortable and warm and I slept really well on both nights. The vegetarian food prepared by Paddi was just amazing and there was more than enough for everyone considering that we all had very healthy appetites! The yoga room was lovely and warm with underfloor heating and windows all around overlooking the beautiful countryside. In the mornings the sun would rise and flow into the room and the sound of birdsong was the only one to be heard from outside. Our hike up a hill in the burren on the saturday was really fun and the bracing wind woke us up completely! Tahnee was an amazing teacher and all of the neck and shoulder problems I brought with me on Friday had melted away by sunday. If you are looking for a total break away from everyday stresses and strains then you can't get better than the Burren Yoga Centre. Dave runs the centre very efficiently and pays great attention to detail to ensure that you have a totally relaxing stay. I can't recommend it highly enough and I will definitely be going back.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Absolutely loved this place! Beautiful location, great atmosphere, delicious vegetarian food and fantastic yoga teachers. Ciara was amazing! Learned so much over the weekend and came home feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The Burren Yoga Centre is a real credit to Dave. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sinead16
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinvara
Hylands Burren Hotel
Oranhill Lodge
Oranhill Lodge
#1 of 9 in Oranmore
Cahermaclanchy House B&B

Been to Burren Yoga Retreats? Share your experiences!