“Don't confuse this B&B with the other (award-winning) Burren View B&B”
Review of Burren View Farm

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Doorus
Burren View Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 Doorus B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 27, 2008

In July 2007 we spent 30 days touring the whole coastline of the island with my wife and 2 daughters.

We stayed mostly in B&Bs as this was often the only accommodation available in the areas we were interested in. I booked all in advance directly with the owners. Most of the B&Bs were selected from a guide book of the best B&Bs in Ireland. However, there were no recommendations available near the Burren. So I looked on the internet, found Burren View Farm and booked 2 nights.

We turned up on time to be greeted at the door by the landlady Mrs. O'Connor with the immortal words of welcome, "Oh, there's four of you."

The old-fashioned rooms were spotlessly clean (cleaned by the unhappy looking east european girl). Breakfast was meagre and only offered between very limited times. There was only one other couple staying so we had the shared bathroom down the hall to ourselves.

All this mediocrity for €140 per night.

I knew the price in advance and I had accepted it but for that price I did expect to be fussed over somewhat. We received much better service at all the other B&Bs and hotels. This was the most expensive place we stayed and the worst value for money. Unlike all the other B&Bs, here there was no discount for kids. I have stayed in 'pensions' on the continent for a quarter of this price that were better.

Don't confuse this B&B with the other (award-winning) Burren View B&B.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank montywest
Reviewed September 20, 2006

I was lucky enough to visit the Burren View in September with a friend and it was absolutely gorgeous. Originally we had hoped to be closer to the Match Making Festival in Lisdoonvarna, but turns out fate was looking after us well. Bridget was very warm and friendly, the rooms wonderfully presented, the bathrooms lovely, and Bridget coped well with a Jewish guest and a vegetarian on top of a large group from England. I can't recommend the Burren View enough, and recommend anyone staying in the area visit Monks at Ballyvaughn for the most amazing seafood chowder you'll taste and for only 6 euros!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Been to Burren View Farm? Share your experiences!