“ok”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Lenoir City
Fremont, Ohio, United States
“ok”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

stayed here overnight...room smelled like possibly new carpet or to much carpet cleaner....towel rack broke called front office to let them know...if you can book online prices are diffrent like $25 dollar diffrence if you do on the spot....but besides that it was a ok stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stated here for 2 days back in mid-May for a local high school graduation. I was driving two elderly friends to see their granddaughter graduate. The absolute first thing I noticed was the very strong presence of Carpet Fresh in the halls and especially in our adjoining rooms. You know what I'm talking about .. that talcum powder crap you put on your carpets and then vacuum it up to remove the smell of beer when you checked out of your apartment in college, and after you moved out you ended up throwing away your $30 Hoover vacuum because you wanted to just never smell that powder again. That's my experience with it at least.
I can put in ear plugs (which I did not need here) in a motel room, but you just can't escape odors. I swear I could taste Carpet Fresh on my lips although I'm sure I was just imagining things. But ... imagination or not, it's very hard to be comfortable when you THINK you are tasting the carpet that was so dirty they had to resort to, in my mind, the absolute lowest form of cleaning. When I went down to see if we could get into another room, the desk clerk (late night) insisted they never use any products like that he and could not help me. Really???? You think I believe the late night desk clerk knows what the housekeeping staff does during the day, and then, chooses to argue with me rather than simply give us (or me at least) another room? I couldn't believe it and instead of arguing back, I figured I was tired from the road and probably not the best time to get into a pissing match (although if I did, they had the Carpet Fresh to get the smell out of the carpets!)
Internet access was through numerous (I counted 4) wireless routers that I had to keep disconnecting from and reconnecting to another which had the strongest signal at that exact point in time. Seriously annoying when you can surf around for 15 minutes tops between disconnecting and reconnecting cycles.
Be sure to book through an online booking agency because, as I see here on Trip Advisor, our room cost almost 50% more because my friends called the desk directly for reservations rather than book online.
The breakfast was ok. Cereal. pastry from Entemann's in the plastic wrapper, I'm sure some fruit, but nothing brought in from outside the property. I was so looking forward to some southern grits, or biscuits and gravy. Both of the other motels we stayed at on our trip had those biscuits and gravy, so I'll write this off as a break for my waistline.
To be fair, I do have a sensitive sense of smell so perhaps my experience would not be the same as yours. But for the front desk refuse to allow a change in room because we were not satisfied with the one we had for two nights is simply inexcusable in my book. I would have made a big "stink" myself the following morning and GOT that different room from the day staff, but the elderly friends I was traveling with didn't have good smellers and didn't do internet, and were well settled in and not as bothered by the problems as I was. When you are traveling with friends, it's often best to not upset the mood when the trip is otherwise going along splendidly.
When it's all said and done, I would not recommend this motel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Frank J

Travelers are raving about these Lenoir City hotels

Dayton
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I highly reccomend this Days Inn! The room was spotless, the front desk staff was wonderful, and it's an added plus having the Mexican Resturant within walking distance (it's in the same parking lot)!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnln, Manager at Days Inn Lenoir City, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We were pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Please think of us again if you are in the area.
Baltimore
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean, one of the main criteria for us and almost anyone else. But there were some problems.

My main complaint was the internet. It had a weak reception and was wishy-washy. It worked in some parts of the room but not others. It did not work well in bed, the place where I most wanted to use it. And it worked best in the bathroom.

The toilet seat broke in half during our one-night stay. It was made of some flimsy thin plastic, and sitting on it with my 160 pounds did it in.

Check-in was a hassle. I like to pay via hotels.com in order to reap the rewards. Very often, I drop in at a hotel, and if I am satisfied with its appearance, I pay on my smartphone this way. Generally if I do, and the clerk watches me, they accept my registration on the spot. But at this place, I was told I had to wait 10 minutes until it came up on their computer before I would be allowed to have a key, even though I had the receipt of successful payment in my hand. The lady told me it was hotel policy.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank colorknit
daysinnln, Manager at Days Inn Lenoir City, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm sorry to hear there were some issues during your stay. I'm not sure if you brought the issues to the attention of anyone while you were here so that we could try to take care of them for you but I can assure you we try to make sure our guests have what they need to enjoy their stay with us. Our internet provider uses a company named "windstream" to run their fiber-optic lines. Just over a week ago windstream reported a break in a fiber-optic line in our area. They said while they attempted to find and repair the break that there would be temporary service interruptions. As for our our check-in policy our clerk was correct in what she stated to you, it is our policy to wait for the reservation to show on our system before we issue keys to any room. Just to make sure everything has been booked correctly. I apologize for any incovenience this placed on you.
Perrysburg, Ohio
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Was able to secure this room online, while driving thru the area. Perfect location off the expressway. Nice stay

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Winegirl68
daysinnln, Manager at Days Inn Lenoir City, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're glad you found our location to be convenient and we're also glad to hear how easily the room was booked online. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again if you're in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenoir City
Americas Best Value Inn - Loudon
Inn Of Lenoir Motor Lodge
Inn Of Lenoir Motor Lodge
#8 of 8 in Lenoir City

Been to Days Inn Lenoir City? Share your experiences!