“Above and Beyond”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lenoir City
Chillicothe
“Above and Beyond”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great staff, very clean. We had made a reservations @ super 8 (yuck).but after changing rooms twice decided to go elsewhere. Got us in last minute. and could not have been any nicer. We will def. stay next time we are in town.

Room Tip: Bottom floor has very few rooms. so halls were less traveled. Quiet and peaceful,
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kathy D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This Comfort Inn is located directly behind a Ruby Tuesday's (a plus) and right off the exit from I-75. I stayed 2 nights for business in the area. The room was comfortable, clean and spacious. It is clear that this is an older building, as the bathroom lighting is totally inadequate, only a light box above the sink. The shower area is almost totally dark. The other clue to the age of the building is the lack of electrical outlets. This could easily be improved by the addition of multiport outlet adapters. These days, it is difficult to charge all the devices we carry with us when it is necessary to unplug one thing in the room in order to plug in another device.
At checkin, Ronnie was working the desk and went out of his way to ensure that the room was the right room reserved, and that the additional night I asked for was available. The morning clerk (I apologize, I didn't catch his name) went above and beyond when my hair dryer died, leaving me with a wet head. I asked that it be replaced during the day, instead, he found an empty room and appropriated a working dryer for me, so I didn't have to face the day with a wet head.
Breakfast, not very impressive. The usual cold offerings as well as eggs, biscuits, and gravy and the standard waffle machine. The cereal is not even the best generic raisin bran I've had, no skim milk is offered. The bananas should have already been sacrificed for a good banana bread, and the yogurt was a brand I didn't recognize, but very bland.
The housekeeping is certainly good. I did not find any problems, they seem to do well keeping up with things in the hotel.
Overall, I wouldn't seek out this hotel, but if I return to Lenoir City, I would possibly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ca_davies1
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

Nice, clean and good value. Also appreciated having food options nearby. Enjoyed a refreshing swim after a long hot day of traveling.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Deb M
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Nice basic hotel - very clean We stayed here one night in our way to the Great Smoky Mountain Park in Gatlinburg, TN. We had a room with two queen beds, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. Comfy beds....great night sleep, which is highly unusual for me. Quiet hotel offering evening cookies and coffee and continental breakfast including cold and hot cereals, toast, bagels, waffles, biscuits and gravy, coffee, tea and juices. Hotel was conveniently located to several restaurants and grocery store. Front desk was extremely friendly! Would definitely consider this hotel if in the area again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Compared to other Comfort Inn's this one was quite pricy, especially when the taxes were added in. The staff are wonderful. Hotel undergoing piece by piece renovation right now. Do not know when all the upgrading will be completed. Nice included breakfast. All indoor hallways. Right off of I-75, but you really have to look hard to find the tiny, tiny sign pointing to the entrance driveway.
Many of eateries near by. Can walk to most of them.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank visitorfromFlorida70
maryland
Reviewed April 23, 2012

this hotel is a very clean comfort inn, we were on our way to ALA. and stayed there, the staff was very pleasent and the breakfast hit the spot. restaurants were all with in walking which made it nice.would deffently stay there again.

Room Tip: we stayed on main level, was very quite
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Got hotel room at 11:15pm on a Friday night. The lady working at the front desk was so helpful. She helped get mt eh best rate for a room. Not easy to do when hotel was almost full. The bed was to die for. I can't remember the last time I slept so well. Called the hotel about a week later, and was told I had slept on a Jamison Mattress. The staff at the hotel did not know the style of the mattress, but after contacting Jamison, I was told it is called the Executive Suite.
Great breakfast and friendly customer service make this hotel worth a visit.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Knights Inn Lenoir City
#6 of 8 in Lenoir City
Comfort Suites Knoxville West-Farragut
Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!