“shame it was just one night”

Roundstone House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Roundstone
Reviewed July 6, 2013

lovely hotel.

staff very helpful

wonderful location.

fantastic restaurant.

please god i'll return and stay a bit longer, but we were on a golf trip with a tight schedule, and the staff could not have been more pleasant or helpfull.

great place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank peter o

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in late May. We had a room at the top of the hotel with a beautiful view of the water. The best thing about the hotel though is the food which is very good. We ate here both nights choosing the set menu ( with several choices ) rather than a la carte which is rather pricey. A member of staff gave us a booklet with local walks. Can recommend the Mt Errisbeg and Dog's Bay ones- one is quite a trek but the other is very flat but beautiful scenery. All in all a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Room on top floor has 2 windows with view over the water.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Roundstone House hotel for a weekend. What a lovely homely hotel, with such a warm welcome from the owners. We had a lovely room, not very big, but with a sea view and lovely decor, and very comfy beds and pillows. I was actually unwell on the first night and was not able to make it down to breakfast, but Cynthia (who runs the hotel with her husband Diarmuid) very kindly arranged to have breakfast brought up to my room. Later in the day when my parnter was gone working, they checked on me to make sure I was ok and to see if I needed anything. When I later came down during the afternoon, there was a lovely fire in the reception, Diarmuid got me the paper to read and I had a bowl of their lovely soup. Later we had dinner in their restaurant and it was first class. The staff and service were excellent and the food was very good. The ambiance and decor of the restaurant was warm and romantic with lovely pictures and plates on the walls and candles everywhere. Breakfast the next morning was also a treat, looking out to sea in the same dining room. We were served with home made freshly squeezed orange juice, I had delicious scrambled egg and smoked salmon and we had lovely brown bread with their own home made jam and marmalade, which were oustanding. Every little thing in this hotel is excellent, even down to the porcelain designer mugs in the bedroom if you want a cup of tea or coffee. I would highly recommend this hotel for a weekend away, and apart from the excellence of the hotel and staff, there are wonderful walks in the area, with directions from the very door of the hotel. Hope to go back again soon!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Nice location and great sea views, but slightly pricey for what is, after all, a fairly basic room. Our room faced the back so if booking I would recommend specifically requesting a sea view room, although I'm not sure if they're more expensive.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank paul3581
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have eaten here many times and it never fails to deliver. The chef is extremely talented and makes the best use of local delicious produce . The service is excellent and the staff well trained and very personable . Try the local seafood and Connemara lamb , you will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Try the Roundstone bay crab claws they are to die for
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AnneA336
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have just returned from Roundstone refreshed and rejuvenated. My partner and I stayed in this hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Roundstone house offers a refreshing alternative to the modern generic hotel. It is full of idiosyncratic charm and constantly reminds you that you are somewhere special and unique. The staff are friendly and fun, no false pretensions, sound folks. We were very happy with the value of the room and the food. The portions are generous and very tasty.
It's hard to put your finger on what is so special about it, maybe its greater than the sum of its parts, maybe its the atmosphere created by feeling like a welcome guest in a family home, maybe its all the stout that Conor has been pouring into me for the last few days, whatever it is, its wonderful and I'll be back as soon as they reopen in spring.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here many times, but this was my first time staying here, rooms are lovely, clean & spacious, but most of all spectacular sea views from my room,
Overall excellent hotel, great food & lovely bar.

• Stayed: October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roundstone
Connemara Sands Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Renvyle
Foyles Hotel
Foyles Hotel
#5 of 7 in Clifden

Been to Roundstone House Hotel? Share your experiences!