“A wonderful place to stay”
Review of Wits End B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roundstone
Wits End B & B
Ranked #2 of 13 Roundstone B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Wits End in early March. It is a beautiful B&B in a perfect location. Nora was so kind and took such great care of us. Breakfast was wonderful (especially with the beautiful view of the bay). The rooms were very comfortable. There is tea and coffee you can make in your room and there is a table in the hall with a bigger variety of teas and cookies.
If I ever make it back to Roundstone I will definitely stay at Wits End.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank vacationjunkieIndy
There are newer reviews for Wits End B & B

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My sister, father and I visited Ireland in early March and absolutely loved staying in Roundstone at Wit's End.

Nora and Eileen were so warm and friendly - they made us feel like family. Our rooms were spotless, beautiful and comfortable. The breakfasts were excellent and very generous. One of my favorite memories is sitting at the front window at breakfast enjoying the view of the bay.

It's the perfect base for exploring Connemara. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank K M
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Roundstone is a lovely, quiet little town, and Wits End is a great place to call home for the night! The owners are so sweet and hospitable and take very good care of you, breakfast is beautiful and filling, and the price can't be beat!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Tiffanydesiree
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Thanks again to Eileen and Nora! You spoilt us again! Connemara is a magical place and Roundstone with the Wits End B&B the perfect place to stay in.... so many things to do..... or do nothing..... just enjoy the hot whiskey infront of a romantic fireplace. December is a wonderful time to visit - crisp air, incredible colours in the sky and the magic of christmas all around. I'll be back soon!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Eileen, Oliver and Nora are just fantastic! They made our stay memorable. Great breakfast (we tried all of them), great views, and really nice people!
We traveled in August with our 18-month daughter and they helped us with everything (cot, high-chair, books...). She still plays with the little teddy-horse present they gave her!
We were going to a wedding and we needed to iron our dresses, and they offered us to do it themselves! So grateful...
We would very much like to go back!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KFM C
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The hostess is absolutely amazing...I walked in and asked if there was availability, she had me take a seat and brought out a tray of tea with cookies and snacks. I then asked where I could do some laundry in town and she told me she would do it!!incredible service! The room was done very tastefully and modern. It was the best room I stayed in by far in all of Ireland. Very comfortable sleeping experience. Breakfast was delicious and as is the norm in Ireland...HEARTY!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I'm so happy to see these recent reviews of the Wits End and that Nora and Eileen are still there. My wife and I stayed there...gulp...perhaps 20 years ago. Yikes and we're only 26 now! How can that be. It seems like yesterday. It's truly one of the most magical places in our memory. Bought a dish there that we still use and one of our favorite travel memories of all time is from the Wits End. We're from New York City and after talking to Nora, Eileen and their wondrful mother we found out they were from here too and actually worked in the World Financial buildings which are ascross the street from where we still live. Anyway it was our final days in Ireland and we chose to spend them in Roundstone at the Wits End because of a one night stay we had there a week before was so lovely. At breakfast the day before our departure I had commented on the wonderful jam and asked where they got it and was told they make it themselves. Why should I have thought otherwise. So it was a rainy morning as we waited for the bus to take us to the Shannon airport and as we prepared to board it with our backpacks Eileen's mother ran out and gave us a jar of her jam. Unforgettable. It still brings tears to my eyes when I think of it. We will be back and how wonderful it is to read these reviews of a truly wonderful place.

Room Tip: Try and get a view of the sea.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janpal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roundstone
Roundstone House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ballyconneely
Island View House B&B
Island View House B&B
#1 of 13 in Roundstone

Been to Wits End B & B? Share your experiences!