“Beautiful!”
Review of Wits End B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roundstone
Wits End B & B
Ranked #2 of 13 Roundstone B&B and Inns
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My boyfriend, parents & I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Wits End and in Roundstone and the Connemara area. Nora was a perfect host; the rooms were very homely, with fresh flowers, generous toiletries, a wide selection of teas & biscuits, and books & magazines to borrow in the hall. Breakfast lived up to its name and was indeed BIG! We also took home some of Nora's beautifully knitted creations, which include beanie hats, scarves, mittens and Aran jumpers. Thanks again for a lovely stay Nora, Amy, Ian, Laurinda & Michael

• Stayed June 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Quin Ireland
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Spent a night in Roundstone at the Wits End B&B May 2012. Eileen who I'd booked the rooms with was unavailable, but Nora showed us to our rooms and then offered us tea & coffee which we gladly accepted. Out comes Nora with a big pot of tea, proper coffee (not horrible instant!), cakes and biscuits. I've stayed in many BnB's all over Ireland and that's one of the best welcomes I've ever experienced! The Wits End is comfortable, quiet, well presented and excellent value for money. Roundstone is a quiet village with plenty of nice walks and fabulous scenary. The breakfast the next morning was the one of best I've ever had. When Eileen said it was a large breakfast when I booked the rooms, she certainly wasn't kidding! I had the full irish which kept me going until late afternoon. There was also smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, porridge with fruit and everything looked incredibly tasty and fresh. All in all I have to say this is one of the best BnB's in Ireland and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone. I'm already planning a trip up to Roudstone again this July as 1 night wasn't enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We recently spent 3 nights in this brilliant bed and breakfast. The rooms are lovely and very comfortable. Situated in the centre of Roundstone you are within minutes of top class pubs and food. Nora and Eileen make you feel special from the minute you set foot in the place. You might be at your "Wits End" when you arrive but I guarantee that you will be renewed when you leave. Try the full Irish breakfast the best I have had.

Room Tip: Front rooms have a lovely sea view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Longview, Washington
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We are just back from two weeks in South and West of Ireland and had the pleasure to stay two nights at the Wits End B&B. Very nice room and excellent breakfasts, but most special are the people! From the moment we arrived to the time we left we enjoyed every minute we had with Nora, Eileen, and Oliver. We left feeling we were leaving family. We highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We had the privilege of staying at Wits End while researching our Family History Eileen, Oliver ,and Nora were so welcoming the breakfast were perfect the rooms were immaculate and had wonderful views of Roundstone and the surrounding area.
We can't thank you all enough for making our visit to Wits End and Roundstone such a wonderful experience and we will be returning to Wits End.
There was plenty of car parking available just outside Wits End.
I can't recommend Wits End enough.
Maxine

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Athlone, Ireland
Reviewed March 6, 2012

A truly Irish welcome awaits you when you walk through the door of Wits End. Eileen and Nora do everything possible to make your stay memorable. It has to be the best breakfast in the country. The rooms are well laid out, very clean and with a kettle for making tea/coffee. I can't recommend it highly enough and look forward to revisiting this year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Liz S
Dublin
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I am just back from a wonderful stay in Wits End in Roundstone, Connemara. From the moment I arrived, I loved it. Eileen helped me in with my bags, gave a a gorgeous room overlooking the sea and the mountains and was more than helpful and welcoming. The smoked salmon I had for breakfast was really good, the big Irish breakfast I had the next morning was gorgeous too. I recommend this bed and breakfast as one of the nicest in Ireland. Eileen and her mother also make wonderful knitwear. I will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Cathy_in_Dublin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roundstone
Roundstone House Hotel
#4 of 13 in Roundstone
Errisbeg Lodge
Errisbeg Lodge
#9 of 13 in Roundstone

Been to Wits End B & B? Share your experiences!