“Little gem”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Inishbofin
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Little gem”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here recently for a short visit but I fully intend to be back for a longer one very soon. Lovely little hotel, a short walk from the pier but we didn't even have to do that as owner Pat came to collect us from the ferry.
Rooms clean, beds comfortable & staff all very helpful and friendly. I would recommend staying here to anyone looking for good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Wicklow
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have misgivings writing this review because part of me does not want too many people to discover Inishbofin. It is a fantastic island, which provides a memorable holiday. But I want to promote the Dolphin Hotel, whose staff do an awful lot to welcome visitors to the island, and which is a very comfortable place to stay.
The hotel is ten minutes walk from the harbour, and in a lovely setting. The rooms are not particularly fancy, but they are freshly decorated, clean and comfortable. The food in the restaurant is satisfactory to good, although if you like lobster ask Pat the owner to get you one for dinner - the chef does an excellent job in cooking and serving it. Our lobster dinner was one of the highlights of our trip. And there were many - the amazing views, the enjoyable walks all over the island, the beautiful beaches; Inishbofin is a topnotch island!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ali1234567
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had a party and barbecue at the Dolphin the day after our wedding in June 2013. Brilliant staff, food, drink and craic - you will not be disappointed. We also had three nights stay in the hotel. The rooms were a great size and were spotless. Highly recommend this hotel for any occasion. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Lovely big rooms on the ground floor with direct access to the garden.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have used trip advisor a lot when choosing hotels In various locations but have yet to write a review on somewhere I have been but after my few days at the dolphin hotel in innishboffin I had felt I had to write a review on this fabulous family run hotel. On arriving to innishboffin by ferry the very friendly pat collected us up at the pier & drove us the very short distance to the hotel. Our room was modern, clean & spacious. We had booked a triple room. We had a king sized bed & single bed in our room. We had a large flat screen tv & free Internet access in our bed rooms. The bathroom was lovely with lovely shower! Also in the room was Tea coffee making facilities with packs of yummy choc chip cookies provided! Down stairs there is a medium sized tv room with large flat screen with sky tv that you can operate yourself which my husband quiet enjoy being able to check out the sky sports which we don't have have at home! : ) then from that room is the bar restaurant area which is a nice size with plenty of seating areas which look out onto the most amazing views ever! The food & service was lovely there! We had breakfast served to us by pats sister cathy who is a lovely chatty person & really made us feel at home. We hired out bikes just a few hundred metres down the road during our stay in the island which allowed us to discover this fabulous island! We also ate In the beach bar down by thepier ( 5 min walk) which also served lovely food. I know this hotel has a lot of positive reviews but the other hotels on the island seem to get alot more people writing reviews for some reason so I felt I owed it to pat & his lovely hotel to write this review. I had rang around the other hotels on the island & the dolphin worked out the cheapest so I hadn't high expectations of the hotel room etc! Well I have to say you are not compromising on quality if you choose this hotel. I consider myself quiet fussy & I really can not find fault with this hotel & their staff. I will try to upload some photos of the hotel & innishboffin when I get the chance. I can't wait to return to this little gem very soon. Perfect for a family holiday or romantic escape away.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay here. Service was excellent and included pick up and drop off at ferry. Pat was so friendly and welcoming that I know we'll be back again. Dinner in the hotel was superb, with most ingredients sourced locally. Rooms were clean and spacious with the most amazing views! Can't recommend this hotel too highly.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Tramore, Ireland
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here for a few days and were sad to leave. what a beautiful beautiful island. A great welcome from Pat. Our room was huge and lovely with a really spacious bathroom and double doors opening out to garden although it was a little noisy when Mundy was playing :-) Great atmosphere here the sun spit the rocks while we were there. Had some beautiful walks loved the green road and spectacular beaches. Great music locally at nighttime even if its a bit late for us mainlanders. The food was excellent in the Dolphin too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
mayo, ireland
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Just back from weekend on inishbofin and went to the dolphin for drinks and food. The setting is beautiful and staff are really friendly. Great service and food. Music entertainment was excellent in the evening and will definately be back!

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inishbofin
Doonmore Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ballyconneely
Maol Reidh Hotel
Maol Reidh Hotel
#1 of 1 in Tullycross

Been to The Dolphin Hotel and Restaurant Inishbofin? Share your experiences!