We had booked a long week-end and the location was superb...a few hundred metres from the pier.We were met at the ferry with a warm greeting and taken straight to the hotel.It really is a lovely setting and the glass-fronted entrance is in character with the setting.Check-in was pleasant and prompt and we had a wonderful sea-view room with shared balcony.The room was modern,tastefully furnished,but small.Downside was the diminutive TV (appreciate thats the last thing one visits Bofin for but on wild,wet days....?)
We had several exchanges with the manager,Adrian who was very knowledgable and extremely helpful for walks,fishing,places of interest,etc.Other staff members (most locals) were also extremely pleasant and full of chat.Mike on the bar was great.Have to say we also encountered 2 foreigner staff and they were very chatty and friendly.
Bofin is just the most chilling place both of us have ever been - just total relaxation.There are so many walks for such a small island;scenery is magnificent - wild,exposed and rugged.We also found a couple of stunning beaches.But really the overall appeal of the island is one of relaxation lots of fresh air!!
The impressive firstfloor "library" which is a cosy ands tasteful lounge area overlooking the harbour sea and hills is just breath-taking and a great place to sit back and chill.
The hotel was perfectly placed for walks in every direction,and also had the nearby Days Pub for a change for a few jars!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay but would make a few genuine observations;the restaurant was very expensive for what it was and certainly a mid-week special at least 35-40% below its set price would certainly help attract more diners.
Newspapers in the library would be very welcome.
A more varied and enticing breakfast lay-out (and menu) would be very appealing.
Tea & coffee making facilities in the bedroom would be welcomed!
However,the plus-points far outweigh these.Hotel was so warm & friendly and we have already planned another visit.
Really would recommend this to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inishbofin, the enchanted Island, is set in the wild splendour of Connemara, amid the magical beauty of sea, lake and mountains, located off the beautiful Galway and Mayo coastline in the west of Ireland. An oasis of modern luxury, with a warm island welcome, Inishbofin House Hotel is far removed from the daily distractions of the mainland. The hotel is guaranteed to provide a warm island welcome. Inishbofin House Hotel provides the perfect island getaway for families looking to rediscover nature or couples looking for a romantic break away from it all. With beautiful beaches, walks and cycling paths, an array of birds and other wildlife, the Island and Inishbofin House Hotel has something for everyone. All 34 en-suite rooms are fitted with contemporary furnishings designed in keeping with the beautiful island setting. Sea view rooms offer stunning views of rugged mountains and blue Atlantic waters. All rooms have luxurious beds complete with goose down duvets and pillows. Relax the afternoons away in our stylish Pier bar surrounded by spectacular harbour views. Enjoy casual informal dining with a selection of dishes from our bar food menu to suit everyone. Enjoy live traditional music with local musicians. Our restaurant menu is inspired by the sea and carries a range of dishes to reflect the days catch and the changing seasons. Our wine list caters for every palate with a thoughtful selection of new and old world wines to suit everyone. The Hotel Spa is the ideal place to relax after a day out exploring the island. The Marine Spa has six treatment rooms and a relaxation room. Many treatments are on offer ranging from massages to seaweed baths. VOYA products are used, which is an organic beauty range designed to delight and purify the body. The VOYA seaweed bath is a popular choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Inishbofin House Hotel & Marine Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inishbofin House Hotel And Marine Spa
- Inishbofin House Hotel & Marine Inishbofin
- Inishbofin Hotel Marine