My wife and I are just back from a few days holiday on the island of Inishboffin. From the time we alighted the ferry to the time we departed two days later, we enjoyed a truly unique experience. We lodged at the popular and very comfortable Inishboffin Hotel & Spa. From the warm welcome we received on arrival in the guise of the talented and much travelled Niall Coffey General Manager and his friendly and good natured team of experienced staff at the hotel, we set about exploring the secrets of Inishboffin for the next two days. Weather-wise, expect many seasons in one day and come suitably equipped, you won't be disappointed. We stayed in a lovely room overlooking the harbour. First night started out with a good dinner in the hotel where we enjoyed the singing talents of a man called Buck who shared a stage with James Taylor and other singing greats in another time. Where would you get it? I suppose there's not that much to do on the island except walk and soak up the spectacular scenery. Bring a few good books. If you're into snorkeling and diving, there's lots of that available. There's also great sandy beaches to be found where it's safe to swim. Also we found at least two particularly good lively pubs. Check out Murray's and The Beach. We got lucky on our first night at Murray's to encounter a stag party made up of a great bunch of lads, musicians and song writers who entertained a full house of locals and blow-ins like ourselves late into the night. After this experience, we're now both resolved to visit the other inhabited islands along the coast of Ireland as soon as we next get the chance. I'm not sure we'll have as much fun as we did at Inishboffin and that's thanks especially to Niall Coffey and his crew at the Inishboffin Hotel & Spa. See you soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inishbofin, the enchanted Island, is set in the wild splendour of Connemara, amid the magical beauty of sea, lake and mountains, located off the beautiful Galway and Mayo coastline in the west of Ireland. An oasis of modern luxury, with a warm island welcome, Inishbofin House Hotel is far removed from the daily distractions of the mainland. The hotel is guaranteed to provide a warm island welcome. Inishbofin House Hotel provides the perfect island getaway for families looking to rediscover nature or couples looking for a romantic break away from it all. With beautiful beaches, walks and cycling paths, an array of birds and other wildlife, the Island and Inishbofin House Hotel has something for everyone. All 34 en-suite rooms are fitted with contemporary furnishings designed in keeping with the beautiful island setting. Sea view rooms offer stunning views of rugged mountains and blue Atlantic waters. All rooms have luxurious beds complete with goose down duvets and pillows. Relax the afternoons away in our stylish Pier bar surrounded by spectacular harbour views. Enjoy casual informal dining with a selection of dishes from our bar food menu to suit everyone. Enjoy live traditional music with local musicians. Our restaurant menu is inspired by the sea and carries a range of dishes to reflect the days catch and the changing seasons. Our wine list caters for every palate with a thoughtful selection of new and old world wines to suit everyone. The Hotel Spa is the ideal place to relax after a day out exploring the island. The Marine Spa has six treatment rooms and a relaxation room. Many treatments are on offer ranging from massages to seaweed baths. VOYA products are used, which is an organic beauty range designed to delight and purify the body. The VOYA seaweed bath is a popular choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Inishbofin House Hotel & Marine Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inishbofin House Hotel & Marine Inishbofin
- Inishbofin House Hotel And Marine Spa
- Inishbofin Hotel Marine