We had a lovely family break. The hotel food is excellent. The staff were extremely friendly. We went to the Tommy Tiernan gig in the community centre. A real holiday experience. The local hogs entertained our two year old no end on winding road to the beach. The soft rain left a dew on us that shook off the whiskey cobwebs from the night before.
The island is an island in every sense. Not too many tourists and all the right ones seemed to be there. It could be the 1970s. Imagining Grainne Uaile, the pirate Queen, and her band of maybe merry men attacking ships and hiding within the simple, perfectly hidden bay directly in front of our bedroom window was poetic. Cromwell's ruined barracks conjured up images of a bygone era.
Oh yes and we gave Tommy Tiernan's son a lift home from Cleggan to Galway as his old man left on the earlier boat. Sure where would you get it.
by the way the GM of the hotel is professional through and through which complements the Irish welcome perfectly. Best of luck in the future. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inishbofin, the enchanted Island, is set in the wild splendour of Connemara, amid the magical beauty of sea, lake and mountains, located off the beautiful Galway and Mayo coastline in the west of Ireland. An oasis of modern luxury, with a warm island welcome, Inishbofin House Hotel is far removed from the daily distractions of the mainland. The hotel is guaranteed to provide a warm island welcome. Inishbofin House Hotel provides the perfect island getaway for families looking to rediscover nature or couples looking for a romantic break away from it all. With beautiful beaches, walks and cycling paths, an array of birds and other wildlife, the Island and Inishbofin House Hotel has something for everyone. All 34 en-suite rooms are fitted with contemporary furnishings designed in keeping with the beautiful island setting. Sea view rooms offer stunning views of rugged mountains and blue Atlantic waters. All rooms have luxurious beds complete with goose down duvets and pillows. Relax the afternoons away in our stylish Pier bar surrounded by spectacular harbour views. Enjoy casual informal dining with a selection of dishes from our bar food menu to suit everyone. Enjoy live traditional music with local musicians. Our restaurant menu is inspired by the sea and carries a range of dishes to reflect the days catch and the changing seasons. Our wine list caters for every palate with a thoughtful selection of new and old world wines to suit everyone. The Hotel Spa is the ideal place to relax after a day out exploring the island. The Marine Spa has six treatment rooms and a relaxation room. Many treatments are on offer ranging from massages to seaweed baths. VOYA products are used, which is an organic beauty range designed to delight and purify the body. The VOYA seaweed bath is a popular choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Inishbofin House Hotel & Marine Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inishbofin House Hotel & Marine Inishbofin
- Inishbofin House Hotel And Marine Spa
- Inishbofin Hotel Marine