Stayed in this hotel over the May Bank Holiday. There was a big group of us including children but nothing was too much trouble. On arrival off the ferry there is a mini-van there to take your bags the short journey to the hotel. I'm sure if it's raining you can go in the van also but it was a nice evening so we strolled up ourselves.
The setting is fab and most of the front of the hotel is glass to take advantage of the great view of the harbour. The hotel is children friendly except for one tiny thing - in the front of the hotel is a seating area with wire fencing so as not to obscure the few but if children were unattended this could be an accident waiting to happen. Common sense would say that children should always to supervised but accidents can happen.
The atmosphere is very relaxed and the staff very friendly and easy-going. Service is good and not frantic like you can get in some holiday hotels. We were more than happy to fit in with the pace of island life.
Our room was big with acces to a little balcony which is a nice extra touch.
I would happily recommend Inishbofin house hotel to anyone
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inishbofin, the enchanted Island, is set in the wild splendour of Connemara, amid the magical beauty of sea, lake and mountains, located off the beautiful Galway and Mayo coastline in the west of Ireland. An oasis of modern luxury, with a warm island welcome, Inishbofin House Hotel is far removed from the daily distractions of the mainland. The hotel is guaranteed to provide a warm island welcome. Inishbofin House Hotel provides the perfect island getaway for families looking to rediscover nature or couples looking for a romantic break away from it all. With beautiful beaches, walks and cycling paths, an array of birds and other wildlife, the Island and Inishbofin House Hotel has something for everyone. All 34 en-suite rooms are fitted with contemporary furnishings designed in keeping with the beautiful island setting. Sea view rooms offer stunning views of rugged mountains and blue Atlantic waters. All rooms have luxurious beds complete with goose down duvets and pillows. Relax the afternoons away in our stylish Pier bar surrounded by spectacular harbour views. Enjoy casual informal dining with a selection of dishes from our bar food menu to suit everyone. Enjoy live traditional music with local musicians. Our restaurant menu is inspired by the sea and carries a range of dishes to reflect the days catch and the changing seasons. Our wine list caters for every palate with a thoughtful selection of new and old world wines to suit everyone. The Hotel Spa is the ideal place to relax after a day out exploring the island. The Marine Spa has six treatment rooms and a relaxation room. Many treatments are on offer ranging from massages to seaweed baths. VOYA products are used, which is an organic beauty range designed to delight and purify the body. The VOYA seaweed bath is a popular choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Inishbofin House Hotel & Marine Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inishbofin House Hotel & Marine Inishbofin
- Inishbofin House Hotel And Marine Spa
- Inishbofin Hotel Marine