I have just returned from this gorgeous hotel where I stayed for the past three days with my husband and teenage son . I honestly can't think of anything negative to say about this hotel . We were given a lovely big room with a sea view . Beds extremely comfortable . Hot showers with great pressure . Spotlessly clean etc . Everything lived up to our expectations . The food in the dining -room was lovely , service couldn't have been better . The two waitresses Kat and Laura were so efficient and so pleasant . Nothing was too much trouble for them .
We arrived at quite a busy time and you could see that the staff were under a lot of pressure but their genuine warmth and friendliness is what stood out for me . The girls in charge , Clare and Kathleen were just so kind and helpful . They were superb at their jobs and are just genuinely nice people . Any guest I happened to speak to seemed delighted with the hotel and the whole experience .
When we arrived we were given so much information about the island , what to do and where to go , where to hire bicycles etc . We wanted to get a tour of the island from one of the locals and Clare very kindly fixed us up with a guide called Billy . This tour turned out to be the highlight of our stay as Billy brought us to places totally off the beaten track where the scenery was indescribably beautiful , places that tourists would normally never get to see . I would definitely recommend a tour with Billy - it's an experience not to be missed . But be warned , wear very sturdy walking shoes because there's a lot of walking over very rough terrain , rocks etc ! We were exhausted at the end of the tour but it was an unforgettable experience .
So , yes - I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend . The staff are just amazing and go out of their way to make sure that their guest are happy . We certainly were !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inishbofin, the enchanted Island, is set in the wild splendour of Connemara, amid the magical beauty of sea, lake and mountains, located off the beautiful Galway and Mayo coastline in the west of Ireland. An oasis of modern luxury, with a warm island welcome, Inishbofin House Hotel is far removed from the daily distractions of the mainland. The hotel is guaranteed to provide a warm island welcome. Inishbofin House Hotel provides the perfect island getaway for families looking to rediscover nature or couples looking for a romantic break away from it all. With beautiful beaches, walks and cycling paths, an array of birds and other wildlife, the Island and Inishbofin House Hotel has something for everyone. All 34 en-suite rooms are fitted with contemporary furnishings designed in keeping with the beautiful island setting. Sea view rooms offer stunning views of rugged mountains and blue Atlantic waters. All rooms have luxurious beds complete with goose down duvets and pillows. Relax the afternoons away in our stylish Pier bar surrounded by spectacular harbour views. Enjoy casual informal dining with a selection of dishes from our bar food menu to suit everyone. Enjoy live traditional music with local musicians. Our restaurant menu is inspired by the sea and carries a range of dishes to reflect the days catch and the changing seasons. Our wine list caters for every palate with a thoughtful selection of new and old world wines to suit everyone. The Hotel Spa is the ideal place to relax after a day out exploring the island. The Marine Spa has six treatment rooms and a relaxation room. Many treatments are on offer ranging from massages to seaweed baths. VOYA products are used, which is an organic beauty range designed to delight and purify the body. The VOYA seaweed bath is a popular choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Inishbofin House Hotel & Marine Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inishbofin House Hotel And Marine Spa
- Inishbofin House Hotel & Marine Inishbofin
- Inishbofin Hotel Marine