Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Priceline
All reviews murray family crab claws great music inishbofin island the pub a family run hotel home from home both nights andrew murphys craic ireland guinness west
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

We always love to return with our family to the Doonmore. It feels like coming home. Comfy beds. Rooms serviced daily and clean towels in great abundance. Fantastic breakfasts and generous portions of bar food. Great value kids portions too. Staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. Ask them for anything and they will try to accommodate you. (For example ice pack for my son's ankle provided in the middle of a busy service). Bar cosy and buzzing every night with great traditional music. Lovely pints. Very well located for the nicest walks on the Island. Staff seem happy, which I always see as a good reflection on how a hotel is run. This isn't the poshest hotel we have stayed in, but it is the nicest and it's the one we keep coming back to. Thank you Andrew and Donna for such a warm welcome.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Doonmore1, Manager at Doonmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2017

Dear maryandcrew,

Thank you so much for your very comprehensive and very positive review. It is so nice to see a family all enjoying themselves and the hotel so thoroughly, across all the different age levels and all feeling so at home.
Our aim is quite simply to try to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and I love that you enjoyed so much of the experience.
I hope you all make it back again next year.

Reviewed July 30, 2017

The hotel was very good, the room was ok, the shower was superb. However the best part of the stay was the staff. They were all very friendly and helpful. The food was superb. Andrew and his wife were very welcoming. It was a memorable holiday for all the right reasons.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear richard c,

Thank you so much for your review.We love to help make holidays memorable. Great hospitality, delicious food served up by friendly efficient staff in a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere are some of the essential elements that we focus on. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much.
I hope you come back for some more memorable days with us in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2017

Amazing place to stay.pick up from pier andrew and his staff are friendly and welcoming .food is great check out the Murray burger and of course any of the fish dishes .rooms are clean and comfortable bed.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear 2jennypat,

Thank you for your review and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Our food has received a lot of compliments, especially the sea food, but I agree, the homemade burger is a tasty meal!

Reviewed July 28, 2017

My family and I loved spending 2 nights in this unique island hotel. The staff were amazing, food fantastic ( I loved the breakfast) and the trad music in the evening was fab. Highly recommend a stay at this hotel

1  Thank edmoore2017

Dear edmoore2017,
Thank you and it was a pleasure to have you and your family staying with us. It shows how a young couple like yourselves can thoroughly enjoy a stay in The Doonmore while your young children love it every bit as much. The magic of Murrays and the beauty of Bofin are inseparable.
I look forward to your next visit and I have no doubt there will be many more.
Thanks again for your lovely review.

Reviewed July 28, 2017

Thank you Andrew and team for your great hospitality. We has a really enjoyable stay. Food was good. Service great. Room tight enough for 2+2 but grand overall.
Trad session brilliant but starts bit late for younger kids to enjoy as much as possible.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Doonmore1, Manager at Doonmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Dear David N,

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much. We love to make our guests feel welcomed and at home when staying with us, leaving all cares behind on the mainland for a few days.
We have music almost every night during the peak months of the summer, and every weekend at least during the early and late months of the season. 9:30 is the usual start time for the music and to be honest, it is intended more for the grown ups than children.
We like to see the kids out and about all day on their bikes or playing on the beaches, not in the bar at night. The music is timed to start for the grown ups to relax and enjoy after their evening meal but still early enough for older children interested in music to hear some before heading to bed.
Thank you again and I hope we see you all back again next year.