All reviewscrab clawsmurray familygreat musicmusic sessionfamily run hotelthe pubinishbofin islandplace to staychowderfamily holidayfriendly hotelhome from hometop classrelaxing breakbar foodbrown breadlast weekend
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We spent a night at doonmore so we could listen to wonderful traditional music til the wee hours, and that is exactly what we got; but we enjoyed with that a most warm welcome at the ferry; three delicious meals and a well run hotel with charm from all.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WestMan77, Manager at Doonmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2015

Dear Allanlevine,

Thank you for your lovely concise review. You pretty much nailed what we are all about with your title.

'Authentic and charming, great service, fabulous food and great music... a warm welcome at the ferry; three delicious meals and a well run hotel with charm from all'.

I really can't say anything other than ' Do you mind if I use your words in our marketing campaigns?'

I'm delighted you got what you hoped for and maybe a bit more. I hope you make it back to us again soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

In August I stayed at Doonmore Hotel with my wife and 3 grown up daughters, we were celebrating a birthday and it seemed the perfect location for a family holiday .The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The food was excellent and the music in Murrays bar was first class. We had such a wonderful time on Bofin and all fell in love with the quirkiness and tranquility of the island. Andrew was an excellent host and we will definitely be returning next summer.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear PMCollin,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I think it's really great when families, whether travelling with young or with grown up children, can enjoy their stay here equally well.

We have had families with 3 generations staying here and the kids, the parents and the grandparents enjoyed themselves and loved their time here. It is a great testament to our business and the beautiful island we are blessed to live on. Age is no barrier to enjoyment, whether you are 4 or 84 years old and we cater for everyone equally.

I hope you and your family do make it back this year, you all struck me at the time as people who, apart from being a lovely family, were true 'Bofin' people as your review has just proved.

Thank you and please pass on our best wishes to your wife and the girls.

Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here last weekend . Andrew collected us at the port & brought us up to the hotel nearby . Rooms are a good size and clean . The staff are friendly and nothing was too much trouble to them , Claire & Shane were outstanding , well done guys . Food was top class & portions were a good size . Try the crab claws & homemade brown bread !! There are loads of great beaches nearby & plenty of great walks !! We plan to make this an annual weekend away . Andrew & crew keep up the good work see you soon !!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alandunne

Dear Alandunne,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it is always appreciated.
Your comments reflect what so many of our guests experience, our friendly and efficient staff, our great food, the cleanliness of the rooms and the scenic location.
While we hear this often, we never take it for granted and our aim is that every guest feels the same from the minute I pick them up from the ferry to when I drop them back to the ferry at the end of their stay.
I know that you are coming back to us in 2015 and I'm delighted that you are. I'm sure you'll get some more great photos this year.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

We spent a night in the Doonmore after spending a week in a rented cottage on the island. We had been to the hotel several times over the years to listen to music, a pitstop during our walks around the island and for the great bar food. There are wonderful crab claws, lobster salads and chowder that delights your tastebuds. There is also the best brown bread in 'Bofin. This was our first time to stay. We have a nice quiet room in the back, a comfy bed and a powerful hot shower. The shower was much needed after a long walk, swim and soaking! The restaurant staff were freindly, full of chat and willing to chop and change item on the restaurant menu with oterhs from the bar menu. The wine is well priced and good quality. the Doonmore is really good value for money. The hotel also gets copies of the daily papers- a teat on an island & you can compete it others to finish the crossword! Andrew and the Murray family are a true professionals in the hospitality business and I thoroughly recommend a visit!

Room Tip: a room at the back - number 23- for a nice quiet nights sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WestMan77, Manager at Doonmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2015

Dear Prosena,

Thank you so much for your very comprehensive review. You have seen our business as both a casual visitor and a resident and I'm delighted that you enjoyed both sides. As always, we treat every customer as if they were long time repeat guests, regardless of whether they stop in for a drink or are staying with us for a week and many of those who just drop in do come back to stay as a result.

Being situated as we are, on a cliff overlooking the Atlantic, it is great to have fresh shellfish on our menu which is caught within sight of the hotel itself. Combined with our own homemade brown bread and finished off with one of our own famous Doonmore desserts, there is little to compare with it.
The crosswords are still put out every day so please drop in again if you don't get a chance to come and stay for a few days.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Incredible, end-of-the-world type location, friendly and professional staff, nice room with sea view, good breakfast, absolute quietness. Bar and restaurant on the same place. Ideally located for walking or biking around. Cannot be more relaxing.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Jean889,

Thank you for your lovely review. I like the 'end of the world location' description as that is kind of what it is. we actually are the most westerly offshore island hotel off the coast of Europe!

Our family and staff have always been known for their professionalism, it is in our genes and our staff take up the mantle once they see what it is like to work here.

I hope you get to return to visit again this year.