“A perfect family getaway.”
Review of Doonmore Hotel

Doonmore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Inishbofin
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We've been coming to Murray's pub for years, but this was our first time staying at the hotel. It has all the comforts of a hotel with the family charm of a B and B. The Murray family know how to make your stay on Bofin a memorable one. Music in the pub, picnic tables overlooking the ocean and the twelve bens, delicious local food, and steps away from horse trekking, snorkeling, and walks across the breathtaking west end of the island. The perfect place for both children and adults. The staff is friendly and welcomes familiar faces year after year. I would recommend it to everyone who wants to come to this magical island.

• Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for Doonmore Hotel

Reviewed July 4, 2014

stayed here for two wonderful days and nights and loved every minute….
my view of the atlantic ocean was totally amazing….felt like i was perched on the edge of the world
hotel is quite old fashioned but clean and very quaint….great eating area outside if you are lucky enough to get good weather (like i had) food tasty , fresh and plentiful…..
staff friendly and helpful…..no request is too much bother…..
highly recommend this place for anyone tired of the hustle and bustle of modern life who needs a quick(or maybe not so quick! ) battery recharge……

GO….you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: ask for view of ocean
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I spent a long weekend there with friends and I could not have asked for a better holiday. The food was incredible as was the service to match it. Rooms were spotless and with TV and en-suite. The overall atmosphere in the hotel was very relaxing with a great feel to the place. Loads of little hideaways including a lovely bar, tv room, lounge, sunroom etc. Its right on the coast with fantastic views of the ocean and with a hidden gem of a beach just up the fields. Ill be back there again. Thanks to all the staff :) John

Room Tip: Listen out for the corncrake at night its wonderful
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Andrew and his crew make you feel totally at home. Everyone is fun, helpful and competent. Ocean views from upstairs rooms. Good food, wonderful pub that is part of the hotel. Watched some World Cup on a big screen along with everyone else. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: the Doonmore is on Inishbofin, a small island off of Clifden. There are no hotels here with pools a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Steve D
WestMan77, Manager at Doonmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2015

Dear Steve D,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. It is the simple things that we work on here; relaxation, excellent service, good food and a warm welcoming atmosphere. We are just lucky to be in such a beautiful place so I can't claim any responsibility for the amazing views!

Most of these are not things that cost us anything but are priceless to our guests. I'm delighted you got to appreciate the simple pleasures of traditional Irish family hospitality at it's best.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Fantastic four days spent at the brilliant Doonmore hotel on Inisboffin. Andrew and all the staff made the trip most enjoyable. Food was excellent and the scenery is breathtaking. I would highly recommend this location to all. A must see if you come to Ireland. Will be back very soon.
John and Kathleen Dublin Irl

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JDyland

Dear John and Kathleen,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We work hard to make your holiday as good as it possibly can be and are always delighted when our guests go away happy and relaxed, as almost all do.
The old saying that' you can't please all of the people all of the time' is not an excuse for not trying to, so we try all the time.
I look forward to your next trip.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I spent 6 nights at the Doonmore. I wish I had the time to stay longer. It has a wonderful location. The view from my room, on the front of the hotel, was a beautiful vista right out onto the water. There are some spectacular walks and beautiful beaches within minutes. The hotel has a friendly, informal, family feel to it. It's lively in a gentle way, and the staff are among the friendliest I have ever encountered in a hotel anywhere. The food is very good, and the cost very good value. The bar has a warm, friendly feel to it. I travelled alone but felt immediately that I belonged with people there. I am a light sleeper, and the only difficulty I found was that it took quite a while at night before the level of quiet which I needed really descended over the rooms. I was in the old part of the hotel facing directly out onto the sea. I suspect the walls are thicker in the new extension, whose views are beautiful but not as exceptional as the one I had. I have to say that, even if I got somewhat less sleep that I would prefer, I would not hesitate to go back again, because the rest of the experience was so positive. Doonmore is on the top of my list for return visits.

Room Tip: The best views are on the front of the hotel. The rooms at the back are probably quieter and also h...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank C0lumba

Dear Columba,

Thank you for your very positive review. I'm delighted the Doonmore Hotel warmth and hospitality made you feel you belonged here, that is what we want our guests to feel.
There are very few places like this left in the country and we value the fact that our guests can relax and feel part of the life of the island and that we are central to making your holiday one to remember. A holiday is supposed to be relaxing, enjoyable and memorable, leaving your cares behind, we consider it a major part of our job to try to make sure that is what you get.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Doonmore Hotel is a wonderfully idyllic setting, and an establishment I'd rate above five stars if I could. The efficiency and friendliness of the staff are absolutely exemplary. The facilities are top-notch, the food irreproachable. The bar is warm with a lovely Irish decor. There is a view of the coast that is top-notch. Walk out the front door and you are perhaps fifty paces from the sea's edge. I know this may all sound like hyperbole, but trust me: it's all true. I cannot recommend Doonmore Hotel enough.

Room Tip: Ask for room 9: spacious, private bathroom and shower, beautiful view of farmland and sunset to the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jeffrey A
WestMan77, Manager at Doonmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

Dear Jeffrey A,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you make it back to us again next year. We love to be able to make our guests as comfortable and relaxed as possible, leaving their cares behind on the mainland. This is a special island with its own magical island pace of life. We try to reflect all that in this hotel so our guests can genuinely enjoy their surroundings unencumbered by the normal everyday concerns one has at home.
Thank you again and please do come back to visit,

Andrew

Also consider these accommodations in or near Inishbofin
Inishbofin House Hotel & Marine Spa
Renvyle House Hotel
Renvyle House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Renvyle
Abbeyglen Castle Hotel

Been to Doonmore Hotel? Share your experiences!