“Best hotel on the best Island”
Review of Doonmore Hotel

Doonmore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Inishbofin
CO mAYO
“Best hotel on the best Island”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

If you have not already been to Inisbofin get there soon and be sure to stay at the Doonmore.The hotel feels like an extension of your own home.The staff really cannot do enough to make your stay comfortable.
We cannot wait to get back

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
WestMan77, Manager at Doonmore Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Doonmore Hotel. We really appreciate people giving up some of their precious time to let others know about your experience at our hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate how we run our business.
We do try hard to make everyone as welcome and relaxed as possible and that is why you and many others feel 'at home' when you stay with us.
I hope you do make it back soon,

Andrew Murray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have traveled around a bit. Staying at Murray's is about as special as it gets. There is nothing Andrew and Aileen, their family and staff would not do to make your stay memorable. Want fresh lobster for dinner? Say so in the morning and it'll be on your table in the evening. I am reluctant to say more about this discovery made some years ago. Enough to say that though I live most of the time in the US, Doonmoor and the Boffin call me back. Last year my eldest son who lives in California and I were there. Now he has the bug.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott K
Dear Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am looking forward to your next visit and bring Jason again, like father like son, he certainly seemed to have caught the bug.
Coffee in the morning sun,sitting out front on the edge of the cliff is hard to beat.
I'm looking forward to your next visit, hopefully it will not be too long.

Mishawaka, Indiana
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The Murray family and Doonmore staff take extraordinary care of our family and team members when our archaeological team returns each year for over a month's stay on the island to conduct research. The food is wonderful, the hotel services are exemplary, and the staff's knowledge, competence and all-around friendliness are boundless. I cannot offer sufficient compliments and testimonies about the way they bend over backwards to meet our every need, no matter how outside the range of normal holiday-goers it may be. We are lucky to be able to return to them every year, and we plan to keep doing so for years to come.

Room Tip: Family friendly, wonderful rooms facing the sea, rest up for the music sessions in the pub
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Meredith C
Dear Meredith,

Thank you for your review. There are few people better qualified to assess all aspects of our hotel than yourselves as you have stayed with us so often, for so many weeks at a time and with so many people of all ages in your groups.
It is always a pleasure to see you all and to look after you during your stay and we look forward to your arrival every year.

Westport, Ireland
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had a wonderful time and enjoyed a great welcome and even better service for the weekend we stayed. First class from start to finish and impossible to fault. The island is brilliant as well, it's great to have such a brilliant destination nearby (and no need for airports).

Now if only you could guarantee the sunshine it'd be impossible to beat!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CJLX1980
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It is amazing how many people, living within a relatively short driving distance of us, do not know what a gem lies just off the coast.
You are obviously one of the lucky ones and I am delighted you have had the opportunity to sample our hospitality and enjoyed the experience.
I hope you come back to saty with us again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Staff are amazing and will do whatever they can for you, Especially those very handsome barmen...and simon too! Excellent location, Great food, and a lovely atmosphere. Can not say enough about the place. Will definitely be going back asap!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
USA
Reviewed May 15, 2013

It was great to make it back to Murrays Doonmore Hotel and I can't believe how the time has flown since I was here last. As always I was met at the boat by the hotels bus and taken to the hotel to sit down and get a load of those wonderful crab claws, what a feast.
I still have the image in my head of the most spectacular view from my bedroom window, helped along by the many pictures i took to get me through the time it takes to get back to Inishbofin again soon. This is quiet simply the best hotel on the island and I can not praise it enough - it feels more like a home than a hotel as you are welcomed by the many members of the Murray family and the local staff that work in the hotel. My wife and I are hoping to make it back in the late summer if we can. I can't wait - two of my grown up kids are going to get to the Doonmore this summer when they come over, I just know they will love it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank USAcalling
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just back from a fantastic weekend in Inishbofin and have already booked to bring back the family for a weekend in July.
This hotel has to be one of my favourites; staff are really friendly, nothing is a problem and I think I have put on a few kilos over the weekend - you have to try the bread and butter pudding!!!

There is really no other island like Inishbofin- I highly recommend it for a holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Aoife231
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inishbofin
Inishbofin House Hotel & Marine Spa
Rosleague Manor Hotel
Rosleague Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Letterfrack
Abbeyglen Castle Hotel

Been to Doonmore Hotel? Share your experiences!