“Great food, fun and efficient service”
Review of El Molino

El Molino
Ranked #15 of 139 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Would have loved to give an extra half star.
Went here after reading the TA reviews, and were very glad we did. We lived in New Mexico for over 10 years, and are very familiar with all styles of Mexican/Texican/Tex-Mex food, including bad. This was good! The heat was well balanced with flavor--often the only flavor offered is heat--and the food well cooked. I overate on the steak fajitas, which were delicious, but I do wish they'd offered slightly larger tortillas for wrapping stuff in. My DH had the sampler chimichangas (anything deep-fried is tex-mex, but who cares if it's delicious?), chicken (with green chile), shrimp, ground beef and shredded beef. No real difference between the 2 beef offerings, but the shrimp and chicken were decidedly individual in seasonings and flavor. All were delicious. He's still talking about them.

Service was efficient--almost too efficient, at first--and then friendly and fun. We were pleased to see an industrial sized bottle of hand sanitizer on a ledge near the tables; the servers used the sanitizer to and from trips to the tables. Glad to know that the hand that had picked up someone's dirty dishes had been cleaned before it touched our food-laden ones. Would like to see that practice more often.

Will we go back? I'm already planning my return trip around this restaurant.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Looked up reviews on this restaurant and had to try! I had the Hawaiian burrito. Let me tell you it was very good. The favors were there not bland like a lot of the Mexican restaurants. It may sound pricey at the regular menu price but I promise it is worth every penny. If you plan on dessert I wouldn't go for it though (most will not have any room in there tummy lol) the burrito Is huge filled with steak, chicken, shrimp, chorizo topped with melted cheese and pineapple!!! The service was outstanding and the margaritas were great. All I can say is thank you for a restaurant that is authentic and makes a customer feel welcome.

PS:::: DON'T FORGET TO TIP YOUR SERVER!!! I LEFT MY SERVER $10.00 ON A $27.00 ORDER. WELL WORTH THE TIP!!!!! BUT THAT IS MY OPINION ....

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The service was good and the people were friendly, except for the cashier, who I am guessing was the manager or owner. The food just didn't stand up to other Mexican restaurants. We had both chicken and beef tacos and both were very bland. The cheese quesadilla was salty. The Chile Relleno just wasn't very good. The chips and salsa were good though. The margaritas were just ok.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

So we drove over to Lebanon from Mt. Juliet (just west), and decided to stop here for lunch, after reading TA reviews of the place. We're new in the Nashville area, and having lived in Oklahoma, and been in Texas and the Southwest quite a bit, we've had our share of Mexican places, some great, some good, some mediocre.

Saturday lunchtime, not very crowded - Telemundo football (soccer) on TV, place pretty much to ourselves, except the young folk out drinking on the patio (wish I could have !). Lunch specials are also good on the weekend, which isn't the case every single time.

Chips were fresh, not tasting like yesterday's oil. Salsa seemed homemade (not sure), but it was very tasty without being tongue-burning.

The prices are very decent to begin with, but then the waiter told me the lunch steak fajitas, normally $6.99, were $4.99 on special. Heck, yes ! So for that, I was expecting chewy beef, and not much of it. I was surprised to get very tender, moist beef, good quantities, and very tasty. They also offered a choice of pinto beans ("boiled beans"), instead of refried beans, which I don't like, because of the fat content. They were good, not earthshaking, but good, but the point was, the choice was there. In many places, you're stuck with refried, or nothing.

My wife had a big taco salad, in a hard-shell tortilla instead of a shell/bowl. Don't remember what they called it, but it was like $6.99 or $7.99. She took a good bit of it home. Not me - I was hungry !!

Both of us noticed how fresh the food was. Mexican joints are notorious for sending out stuff that tastes like it's sat on the warmer shelf all day. This all had the taste of just being put together.

Then we decided to splurge for a sopapilla. Sopapillas vary from store to store. In the Southwest, they're often smaller, puffy, with honey and butter to put into/onto them. Here, their sopapillas are round, about 8" across, and dusted with cinammon and sugar. A scoop of vanilla is an extra dollar - I think the thing was $4.99 for the deluxe version. BIG scoop of ice cream, chocolate drizzled on it, whipped cream - a very nice dessert for two, for 5 bucks !!!

We have been to a number of Mexican restaurants in Nashville since hitting town. Many of them are busier, but I don't remember one that I liked better than El Molino's. If you are cruising thru on I-40, it's just a bit north of the exit for Cumberland Street, on your right. If you leave this place hungry, it's your own fault.

2  Thank Doug B
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We are fans of Mexican Food and not so much TexMex. This is a good Mexican Restaurant. The staff is very friendly. We will go out of our way to come back here.