“Very Good enough”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Lebanon
Springfield, Illinois
“Very Good enough”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed here three nights while I was attending a music event. The room was standard, the TV quite nice, the shower good, the breakfast mediocre. The parking is a tight fit, and it could use a second entrance at the back. The room doors are exterior, and at least mine had a pretty good gap at the bottom. If I come back to the event next year I'll probably stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, and it looked to me as though the folks upstairs had a pretty good workout tak...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We swung in here at 1 am on a night when most places were full. A holiday and impending snow caused a shortage of rooms and those that were available had higher than average rates. We got lucky though!

We got a pet friendly room with a comfortable bed, warm heat, fluffy pillows (I really liked their pillows) and lots of quiet at a moment's notice.

The breakfast the next morning was a pleasant surprise. They had apple and orange juices, regular and decaf coffee and tea (these were also available in the room), assorted Yoplait yogurts, bagels, danish, mini muffins, sausage, eggs and biscuits, cereals and a waffle station to make your own belgian waffles. We were in a hurry to get moving so we each grabbed a sausage biscuit (and an extra for the dogs to split) and some coffee for the road.

The staff was very friendly and inviting. I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reisterstown, Maryland
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were coming back from Texas to Maryland with a cat and dog and needed to find a pet friendly place outside of Nashville so that we weren't stuck in Rush hour in the morning. The room was great, the lady at the front desk was nice, and the TV had about 50 channels. The room was big enough for the four of us and they gave us shampoo and soap so that we didn't have to scramble looking for ours. There was a microwave and pretty good size fridge in the room plus a pretty good sized HD tv. We were right next door to the original Cracker Barrell, but because we packed our dinner, we didn't eat there. And because they had a continental breakfast at the hotel, we ate there in the morning as well. There were a lot of other restaurants in the area and if we ever travel back to Texas, we will try to stop here on the way there. The only negative thing about the room was the pillows were too soft, but we had ours from home. Also, the lady at the front desk never told us about a pet fee, but we found out in the morning when I picked up our bill. She had been chattier with the gentleman who came in before us.

Room Tip: We chose one on the ground floor so that we could keep an eye on the stuff we left in the van.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jan M
Elizabethton, Tennessee
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Upon check in, I asked if the room was large enough to accommodate the fold out dog pen the dogs use to sleep in. I was told "there's just a king bed in there, should be big enough." Signed in, went to the room and there WAS a king bed, along with other furniture. The room was very small and furniture had to be moved to set up the dog pen. The sink are had very little room to place anything - even moving the tray with the ice bucket didn't help much. The bathroom was small and the room wasn't as clean as I thought it should be. We soon realized that the door didn't latch closed from the inside unless you threw the deadbolt. The wind blew the door open and the dogs almost made it out before I stopped them. It was hard to regulate the temperature setting on the heater. I made a trip to the lobby for hot water for tea and the water was lukewarm, so back to the room to use the microwave for a cup of tea. I also had to ask for other than decaf tea bags. In the morning, breakfast was the usual fare, nothing special. The eating area was small but wasn't crowded when we were there. In the morning, the hot water for tea was hot. The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable. I won't stay there again, and I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone else.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank pameliacora
TENNESSEE
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We needed a place to stay when traveling and decided to get this one via Priceline. This hotel was very dark when going to the room since you have to enter from the outside. The bathroom is very small and the beds are not the most comfortable.

I will have to mention that the breakfast was ok. I would stay again if I just needed a "cheap" place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank KINJAMYHAZ

Travelers are raving about these Lebanon hotels

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We showed up late after being on the road for 10 hours. The clerk (I wish I could remember her name) was very friendly and gave us guidance about places to eat! Definitely would come back as it was clean, close to the highway, and was pet friendly!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Swelman
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We reserved our stay through choicehotels.com. Checked in late. Desk clerk was very nice. Room was more than I expected. Great space. Beautiful decor. Only gripe was that it was very hot in the room, but it didn't take long to cool off. Close to Walmart and Cracker Barrel. Great stay.

• Stayed September 2013