“was fine for me”

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Lebanon
Tampa, Florida
“was fine for me”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I was so tired of driving I was weaving on the road. I stopped very early on a Saturday AM, lured by the sign, and paid the advertised price. Breakfast was still happening so I had coffee, juice and cereal and went up to my 2nd floor room. Shower water immediately warm, no alarm clock, upper security lock on door broken, A'C good and sheets clean and bed comfy. Actually got a real metal key for the door so no problems with a scanner card! There are hitchhikers around the trees between the hotel and the Pilot station. All kinds of people staying at Knights...retirees, someone with a Mary Kay pink Caddy and several ex-military types sharing stories over breakfast. Ate before checking out...it was fine for me and I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank flhudnut

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 27, 2010

My husband and I stayed in Knights Inn price was good, pool was good but the room I walked in a I ask my husband if he could smell an odor and he said he couldn't sinuses of course were acting up BUT it smelled lke stale cigarette smoke. I always pull the covers down on the bed and to my surprise this time i seen a black speck on the pillow and i rubbed my finger across it and it was like blood that popped out I thot maybe i had cut my finger but wen i looked at my finger it wasn't cut, so i opened the pillow case up and seen a bug and when i rubbed my finger across it it busted and got blood on the pillow. I called the front desk and ask them to bring me another pillow and explained why and it took seem like forever for them to bring it. well while i was waiting on my pillow i started looking at the comforted on the under side of it and seen a dead bug on it so i called and ask them to bring me another comforter. OK here is the kicker, while i was waiting on the bed clothes i got my laptop and googled bugs in hotel rooms.... to my surprise i seen that that was bed bugs in the room. I complained about the room, took alittle fussing and threatening on my behalf, i told them that i would stand out front and tell every customer that came in to get a room about the bugs and i told everyone that was sitting in the lobby about it. The lady told me that the manager would not be there until later, i told her she better call him cuz i wasn't going to sit in that room till he got there. She told me she would call. I then went back to the room and killed at least 5-6 more bugs and took them to the front desk on a piece of tissue and wen i walked in she gave me ALL my money back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank hotel44_10

Travelers are raving about these Lebanon hotels

arizona
Reviewed October 5, 2009

We traveling to North Carolina by Road we use all time interstate I 40 free way we passing by
We feel so triad we see the sign freeway Room rate $29.95 per Night one of our friend call this
Place check for Rooms available then desk Clark says we have a room Available and we take exit
They charging us 49.99 per night. I ask desk Clark why rate show diffract then ads on freeway sign
He says this is Normal rate. We went to room so dirty bed sheet has stain pillow smells very bad
We call front desk change bed sheets they did `t come right way I wait 2 hours then same one
Give us same bed sheet s he left late Night I was bathroom I see bugs n bath tub then see under
Bed there is same bugs to this please is very dirty and not good for health. I same local city government
Has to shutdown . this hotel because is unhealthy place. I am never stay again hear

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank shah11
TN
Reviewed June 26, 2008

If I had not been dead tired and slightly intoxicated having just came from a concert, I would have left. Flase advertising on the highway claimed rooms as low as $30.00. I should have known better as it was the only hotel advertising such cheap prices. When I walked in, of course no cheap rooms were still available because "Nascar was in town." Whatever. The only room the old guy behind the desk could offer me was almost $70.00!! I tried to haggle with him then but he wouldn't budge. Begrudgingly I paid for the room and when I went in the room I became even more irate. It rank straight up like someone had just saturated the entire room in pee. The AC looked like someone had kicked it and although it operated its faceplate was just hanging there. The floor was soaking wet around the AC. The housekeeping had to be terrible - they had laid magazines in a neat pile on the dresser, but when I went to pick them up, they were soaking wet - smelled like pee. I wanted to go say a few unkind words to the old man, but I was so tired I was just like forget it. My boyfriend and I slept on top of the comforter in little balled-up fetal positions because the whole room was so disgusting. Never again!! How can they honestly do this to people who are just looking to get off the road & get some sleep rather than drive dangerously falling asleep/drunk behind the wheel?!?!

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — false price advertising, entire room covered in/smelled like pee
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank L2Talot
girlfmkentucky
Reviewed June 14, 2007

I booked w/ aaa and it only saved me 50 cents! The only time you should stay here is if your just coming off the interstate to get some sleep! if you have to stay here for a few nights, don't! The boards in the floor of the room were old, but it didn't bother me.. This is not a place for kids, even though it has a pool. it has a truck stop right beside so there are alot of old men hanging out of their rooms w/ picture phones.. there was a guy selling drugs out of the room (i watched this f/m the pool area as normal looking ppl invited him into their room.) Then i had already payed for two nights and decided to stay a third so my b/f payed for it w/ cash. they called me this next morning telling me to either pay or check out! I had to pay, the staff was completely impatient, and one said "we have to be impatient w/ ppl like you." obviously they thought i was white trash w/ all of the trash around there.. Then my b/f finally got there and he had his receipt, thank goodness! but it still wasn't on their computer records so the clerk had to pay out of their pocket, they stole are money!! KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS! continental b/fast isn't worth much... BUT WHAT DO YOU EXPECT WHEN THE ROOM IS REALLY CHEAP?

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — the prostitues that came f/m the truck stop, they had their shirts off..
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank girlfmkentucky
Va beach, VA
Reviewed January 17, 2007

The worst place I have stayed in. If we hadn't been so tired of driving we would have left.
Non smoking room had been smoked in, it had ashtrays.

Smelled like animal urine.
We went to go to bed and the comforter was covered in cat urine. The floor was caving in. Very dirty.
I complained that night about the problems and all they offered/gave us was a new cover. Did not offer to give us money back. No apologies.
We complained again in the morning and was given the blow off.
DO NOT SATY HERE!!!!!!!!!

Stayed December 2006
4 Thank chyvam
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 6, 2004

The pillows were brown with ring stains, Sheets were off white, mattress and box springs had something that looked like human waste wiped on them and the room smelled like cat pee. There was dirt around the baseboards and along the base of every dresser and night stand. We did not stay and couldn't get out of there fast enough. I told the manager that we did not live like this and that this was bad business but he didn't seem to care. They had us look at a different room. It didn't smell but looked almost as dirty. In all of my travels I have never seen such a nasty place. We will never consider staying in a Knights Inn again. That was the first and the last time.

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member