“Ha! What a joke!!!”

Knights Inn Lebanon
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I made a reservation to stay here for about a week. When I got there I had made my reservation online; however, upon arrival I wanted to pay cash. The woman once she found out I was paying cash wanted to increase the rate. That's a real nice how ya do at 1:30 a.m. I ended up staying one night since I didn't feel like looking for another room that time of night and we were exhausted. The manager was supposed to call me the next day to talk to me about the prices; however, I never heard from him. The place is not very clean. When I walked around my room barefooted my feet turned black from the dirty carpet. They claim they offer breakfast, but I didn't get any of that. I would never attempt this place again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LeeAnnMarie027

Reviewed May 21, 2013

A employee checked into this hotel. After walking into the nasty room, he immediately returned to the front desk. Asked the front clerk to credit his card. She was very very rude. He then checked into another hotel. Upon returning to the office, he informed us of what happened and told us that the charge to Knights Inn should be credited. OF COURSE it was not. On the company credit card report, it clearly shows the two charges were exactly 15 minutes apart. What this means is from the time the employee checked into Knights Inn, walked to the room, walked back to the front desk, left, checked into another hotel and they ran his credit card. We tried for 6 days to reach the manager. Finally today, we were able to reach Kevin the manager. He said that his clerk does not remember speaking to anyone that night and he has no reason to not believe her. How CONVENIENT for him. This hotel is dirty AND nasty. . I have NEVER known a hotel not to credit a charge within 10 minutes of checking in. The management of this hotel is crooked and unscrupulous. Avoid this hotel. There are many clean hotels in Lebanon. This is obviously acommon business practice with this establishment.

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel at all. If for whatever reason you are not happy, they WILL NOT credit yo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank AllKnoxville
Reviewed April 26, 2013

BEWARE Charges more than advertised on sign But it gets worse,,I checked in, dropped my bags in room went to eat, came back 2 hours later bugs (cockroaches) in bathroom ,on the nite stand, then i pulled back the sheets and cockroaches ran everywhere up and down the headboard.No other rooms available that nite, I asked for money back they refused ,said i was in room too long,contacted the "ARAB" manager on phone after 3 days of him avoiding me. he argued with me. refused refund. I will never stay in a knghts inn again and am contacting franchise corporate to report this.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank JohninDarboy
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our family was tired from a awesome time in Nashville & decided to head on back to N.C. I called to check availability for the 29.99 so we could rest for a few hours than continue our trip. The lady said yes we have plenty available. 2 hours later we show up only to learn that the advertised rooms are just a few & that hadn't had time to let people know that occupancy for those rooms were gone?.OK we were tired so we rented "the better room" .the cost was almost 70.00! I couldn't believe it & being a diabetic I needed rest . As I pulled around I noticed where's all the "occupancy" ? Most curtains pulled & no one there. I felt at that moment I was lied to. As I entered the room ,it smelt of mold. OK? I had to rest . My girlfriend also showed me nasty dirt on baseboards as well as the mattress appeared water damage. The room number was 121 bottom floor. We slept with our clothes on & left early the next morning. This hotel needs to be inspected by the State . I feel there's fraud here in advertising & people are being taken advantage of like we were..

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank jclovick
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the end of May last year(2012). Everything appeared OK at first, but then dozens of bedbugs came out of nowhere and almost carried us off!!! We had to take turns sleeping so we would not get bitten!!! Hope they are gone by now! We will never stay here again!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Della W
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was right off of I-40. The lobby was nice and clean. The breakfast was small and you can't mess up cereal. Te hotel did have a pool (so if you are reading this in the summer...). The employees we met were super nice and friendly.

Now for the room...the key we received was a normal deadbolt key, not a regular hotel key card. Inside was newly painted and the beds were comfortable. Carpet was clean as well. The bathroom had signs of mold.

Would I stay here again? Maybe. Maybe not. Would I stay here if I had a family? Nope. This is a hotel for someone traveling through looking for a cheap place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Let me start by saying I travel frequently and have been staying at Knights Inn in Lebanon TN for better than 2 years. It used to be an affordable, friendly, clean place you could stay at...nothing fancy but clean and safe. Then it changed ownership and it's done nothing but decline since then.

I stayed the night of 11/30/12. I ALWAYS make my reservations online after logging into my Wyndham Rewards account as I frequently travel and always stay at motels that participate in the Wyndham Rewards program. Because I am a member of Wyndham Rewards, I always get the best available rate because I make my reservation online. The last two times I have stayed at the Knights Inn in Lebanon the same rude clerk checked me in. Both times she hassled me about the rate my reservation was for. She claims they don't give anybody such a cheap rate. (Even though the HUGE sign stated rates started at $29.98 and my reservation was for $35) I told her I was a Rewards member and I made my reservation online which was how I got the rate. She proceeded to argue with me!! Then she wanted to charge me an additional $5 because I had my disabled daughter with me. I told her I always travel with my daughter and we always stay here when we come through this area and I'd never had to pay anything extra. After some more argument and me refusing to pay anything other than the rate my reservation stated, she reluctantly checked me in and gave me my key. I then told her we would be leaving out very early in the morning (at 4AM) and before I could even finish my sentence she cut me off and told me to just leave my key in my room when we left. I then drove around to my room (at least she put me in the room I requested!) As soon as I opened the door I was smacked in the face with the overwhelming odor of bug spray! It smelled like a can of Raid bug spray had exploded in the room! Normally the rooms have a very strong flower/perfume scent from what I'm assuming is deodorizer they put in the vacuum cleaners. This very distinctly was bug spray. I turned on the fan and left to go eat dinner. I came back about 2 hours later and the room still smelled horribly of bug spray but was much more tolerable. With needing to leave in just a few short hours we just decided to just deal with it and try to get a little sleep before heading out again. As soon as we layed down in the bed we discovered the bed was apparently broke somehow. It felt like you were going to roll out of the bed and hit the floor! The covers had MULTIPLE burn holes in them (even though this was suppose to be a non smoking room.) Also another HUGE thing that needs to be noted is this motel IS NOT pet friendly even though the website says in multiple locations that they are pet friendly. There is a huge sign at the desk that says NO PETS! At least this time when we stayed we didn't see any signs of bugs (the time before we found roaches)...but hey, with the room smelling like a can of Raid, how could there be any bugs anywhere near the motel???

The next night after we had checked into our motel at our destination, I was putting on my pajamas and realized my pajamas still smelled like this room did! It smelled like I had sprayed bug spray on my clothes!

After staying with Knights Inn for better than two years we decided after this visit we are done. We will not stay at this motel again. We would rather just sleep in our car if it came down to it!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business